Thread: Samnite Infantry

Default Samnite Infantry

My first unit mod for RTW. Adds my historically innaccurate Samnite Infantry, which is an axeman unit based on the Scythian Axemen, and they have chainmail shirts, axes, shiny helmets, shields, and a Samnite breastplate. Send me a message if it doesn't work or post it here. It works for me, but maybe I didn't upload all the files or wrote ambiguous instructions. Enjoy! Comments/Criticism are welcome.

Default Re: Samnite Infantry

Can you upload a couple of screenshots?

"Veni, Vidi, Vici" - "I came, I saw, I conquered" - Julius Caeser

Calisthenis of Dyrrachium's Avatar Senator

If you want my honest opinion, look in the spolier. (I've downloaded the files, so I know what I'm talking about)
    Spoiler for My opinion on your Samnite Infantry
    I hate it.

But I'm sure plenty of people will like it.
    Meh.

Senator

Well done on putting the effort in to make this, but i think it could be improved. The earlier samnites, when they were still at war with Rome, mostly had square or triple disc bronze cuirasses that only covered the centre of their chests and backs. They used javelins and swords mostly. Later Samnites by the time of the Second Punic War may have been equipped more like Italian Greeks or like Roman legionaries. Not seen anything to suggest they used chainmail shirts with bronze cuirasses over them (nor that anyone else did).