Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Victoria 2 - Favourite Nation?

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Default Re: Victoria 2 - Favourite Nation?

unless you're playing VRRP, in which case Egypt is civilized (albeit with as many or fewer techs than greece), and so is a little more dangerous. Not least because it often likes to ally with Russia (makes reclaiming the levant a REAL pain when playing as the ottomans. last thing you need on your inexorable march to victory in egypt is the russian bear clawing your back).

Manuel I Komnenos's Avatar Rex Regum
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by ccllnply View Post
    Kind of seems like cheating, and I don't really want to do it, yet. Plus, I didn't realise that when that first "Famine in Attica" popped up, it would be followed by another 10
    You said you had 500.000 dead Greeks from disease, something completely ahistorical so it's not really about cheating but about correcting a flaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sparkle View Post
    I do the same.

You must conquer Tunis ASAP. It will fix your economy as Greece, next should be Crete.
    Did you play the newest version of POP Demand? They made a complete overhaul of the economic system and it is now very difficult to have incomes, especially if playing as a small country. Tried to play the Sikh Empire and I had like -600 money even after lowering down education.
    Last edited by Manuel I Komnenos; October 14, 2011 at 07:37 PM.
    Under the patronage of Emperor Maximinus Thrax
    "Steps to be taken in case Russia should be forced out of war considered. Various movements [of ] troops to and from different fronts necessary to meeting possible contingencies discussed. Conference also weighed political, economic, and moral effect both upon Central and Allied powers under most unfavorable aspect from Allied point of view. General conclusions reached were necessity for adoption of purely defensive attitude on all secondary fronts and withdrawing surplus troops for duty on western front. By thus strengthening western front [those attending] believed Allies could hold until American forces arrive in numbers sufficient to gain ascendancy."
    ~General Pershing, report to Washington, 26 July 1917

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel I Komnenos View Post
    Did you play the newest version of POP Demand? They made a complete overhaul of the economic system and it is now very difficult to have incomes, especially if playing as a small country. Tried to play the Sikh Empire and I had like -600 money even after lowering down education.
    No I'ven't, I prefer Vanilla with lot of things taken from other mods and my own modifications, for me big mods just change too much.
    That way you go bankrupt in days. How is it even possible to play.

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

You said you had 500.000 dead Greeks from disease, something completely ahistorical so it's not really about cheating but about correcting a flaw.

What's driving up your costs? Is it the national stockpile? if POP demand mod has screwed around with the prices of goods or at least how much of them get made, it could be that something like small arms is absurdly expensive at the start, and if you have a large starting army it could be hoovering them up.

Manuel I Komnenos's Avatar Rex Regum
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by John I Tzimisces View Post
    What's driving up your costs? Is it the national stockpile? if POP demand mod has screwed around with the prices of goods or at least how much of them get made, it could be that something like small arms is absurdly expensive at the start, and if you have a large starting army it could be hoovering them up.
    From what I read I remember that they halved the production output of the artisans, made steel very rare during the first years and generally tweaked the resources a lot.
    Under the patronage of Emperor Maximinus Thrax
    "Steps to be taken in case Russia should be forced out of war considered. Various movements [of ] troops to and from different fronts necessary to meeting possible contingencies discussed. Conference also weighed political, economic, and moral effect both upon Central and Allied powers under most unfavorable aspect from Allied point of view. General conclusions reached were necessity for adoption of purely defensive attitude on all secondary fronts and withdrawing surplus troops for duty on western front. By thus strengthening western front [those attending] believed Allies could hold until American forces arrive in numbers sufficient to gain ascendancy."
    ~General Pershing, report to Washington, 26 July 1917

Blaze86420's Avatar Praepositus

Ok how the am I supposed to take Alsac Lorraine from France when they're allied with the Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Switzerland, and the Papal states?

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze86420 View Post
    Ok how the am I supposed to take Alsac Lorraine from France when they're allied with the Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Switzerland, and the Papal states?
    You should have allied with France at the start and destroyed Austria with them or better yet destroyed Austria on your own, so you wouldn't have to fight both of them at a later stage. Unless you can get another great power on your side in the war or France and Austria stop being allies then you will find it extremely difficult to take Alsace-Lorraine.

netherlands is still my favorite but I also like any american democracy as well.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Blaze86420's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by General Brittanicus View Post
    You should have allied with France at the start and destroyed Austria with them or better yet destroyed Austria on your own, so you wouldn't have to fight both of them at a later stage. Unless you can get another great power on your side in the war or France and Austria stop being allies then you will find it extremely difficult to take Alsace-Lorraine.
    France and I have been allies throughout the whole game and we still are, but they decided to ally themselves with Austria now.

DystoniaGamer's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Pious Agnost View Post
    Austria. So many different paths of expansion.
    Exactly, I have the Austro-Hungarian Empire in my game. We took over Prussia!

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Austria in HoD is slightly more playable that in AHD, but the poor assimilation rate is still made it not a nice experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

ImperialAquila's Avatar Domesticus

Prussia, France and Austria are my favorites.

Protector Domesticus

I like Sweden or Brazil, at least they are the nations ive tried that ive got the farthest in

i am having a very hard time in newest PDM as well. Unless i'm playing as a major power to start the game you can't make a dime.

i am having a very hard time in newest PDM as well. Unless i'm playing as a major power to start the game you can't make a dime.

jackwei's Avatar Primicerius

Prussia

Japan

USA

Gatsby's Avatar Punctual Romantic

I like Japan and Russia. Countries which can really dominate their respective continents if you develop them right. They have a lot of power, but at the same time they aren't easy.

If you can modernise and beat China as Japan, and cut off a decent slice, you are going to be comfortable for the rest of the game.

If you work on your tech and industry, Russia can take on all of Europe.

Qing: slow start, but once you westernise...
    Japan: pretty much the only unciv who can catch up and compete with great powers on a fair and equal footing. And samurai swordsmen alongside tanks is just cool.
    Papal States: one of the weakest european factions, so lots of challenge, and lots of novelty xD

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123