Thread: [Request] Please, mod out those silly flaming javelins!

Default [Request] Please, mod out those silly flaming javelins!

An idea to ignite your javelin for the throw, what's more - to do it often in the middle of a battle with foes just dozen meters away, is idiotic beyond belief. If you know how to, I beg you to delete this absurdity.

Default Re: [Request] Please, mod out those silly flaming javelins!

Agreed.

Caesar_1991's Avatar Miles

Theyre also stupidly op

The magic fire sticks that every soldier carries in sieges need to be modded out as well. Who needs siege equipment when you can just throw some flaming sticks at the gates, and 30 seconds later it conveniently burns down and the gates fling open !

Agreed, in my playtrough I never bothered building a single piece of siege gear. My soldiers with molotovs handle gates just fine

Quote Originally Posted by Ragefury View Post
    Agreed, in my playtrough I never bothered building a single piece of siege gear. My soldiers with molotovs handle gates just fine
    Hahaha, yeah apparently the soldiers in this time period carried cans of petrol (with Zippo lighters) to burn down gates and to ignite javelins before throwing them.

Aye. Only thing I am missing is fire ammo for slingers. I mean, why the hell slingers dont have flaming ammo? Everyone else has it, I feel slingers got shafted on this

Smasher 282's Avatar Foederatus

This is why I fight in the rain as much as possiblw. someone needs to remove fire arrows/javelins and all the other vidoegamey special abilities

Smasher 282's Avatar Foederatus

This is why I fight in the rain as much as possible. someone needs to remove fire arrows/javelins and all the other vidoegamey special abilities

You people do know that the flaming javelin's are historically accurate right?

Baleur's Avatar Biarchus

Agree, heck if i had to choose i'd remove all flaming projectiles. I hate seeing NOTHING but flaming projectiles. I mean nobody uses anything else, not the player nor the ai because they simply pack the biggest punch.
    Less accuracy yes, but what does that matter when 80% of the projectiles hit anyway.

Agreed too.

And you know what i NEVER use flaming missile option after playing + 50h and i will never do in futur.
    Of course remove this silly option for foot javeliner and horses javeliner ect...BUT.. I think it can be a good option for foot javeliner ONLY into city walls in defense. In history some (rare) siege battles was use this flaming Javelin for defend the city but the defender are on the wall and have fire equipement for that.

sorry my english.

Agreed too.

And you know what i NEVER use flaming missile option after playing + 50h and i will never do in futur.
    Of course remove this silly option for foot javeliner and horses javeliner ect...BUT.. I think it can be a good option for foot javeliner ONLY into city walls in defense. In history some (rare) siege battles was use this flaming Javelin for defend the city but the defender are on the wall and have fire equipement for that.

sorry my english.

Like one guy said, you guys do know flaming Javelins do exist historically, right? Falarica is one such example.

Pnutmaster's Avatar Dominus Qualitatium

Viola! No more flaming javelins.
    Under the patronage and bound to the service of the
    artist formerly known as Squeakus Maximus
    Stoic Pantheist of S.I.N