Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How long till a medieval III ? let CA drop Rome II

Default Re: How long till a medieval III ? let CA drop Rome II

ARE YOU GUYS SERIOUS,THERE ARE NO WALLS IN THIS GAME?

I haven't played a siege yet. There are no walls? That can't be true. Is it?

no, they should make Rome III right after now. i cant believe they messed up Rome of all things. the one which people awaited the most, which was always No1 in every poll. CA owe us a proper Rome! they shouldnt even think about any other period/setting before they did that one right. dont wanna wait another 10 years

Rome II has the potential of being the best TW game. However it needs a lot of time and patches before it reaches that status. The game was released 2-3 months before it should have been.
    Last edited by Radzeer; September 08, 2013 at 10:21 PM. Reason: personal

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
    There is an entire world outside of Europe and Japan, you know. Eventually, the Rome/Medieval/Shogun/18th century route will start to get just a little whee bit stale.
    True! Asia total war!!!

There is an entire world outside of Europe and Japan, you know. Eventually, the Rome/Medieval/Shogun/18th century route will start to get just a little whee bit stale.
    For sure but the point is to find some eras/regions that are interesting for people to play. With the exception of Shogun which is a rather specialized theme (and most complains originate there), the rest TW games are based on eras and geography that have wordwide impact and interest. Also there is the factor of relation to a theme. Most people are interested of feel related to a medieval or imperial roman theme. You can have the ancestral little village of most people on a map so they can relate to the game and achieve maximum immersion. There are limited eras in history that can serve as such theme. For example the adventures of Alexander or classical antiquity are extremely interesting, but that means that you have to focus on mediterranean and east, leaving out central and north europe. The problem is that central and north europe is the home or origin of most of europeans and american/australian/you name it citizens today. So all those guys will feel that they are left out. That is why we will never see such eras even as expansions, althought most of the units are almost ready, and all CA needs is new maps, events and few tweeks.
    You can see how all this thing works if you notice all the ''why the x people are not included'' threads, or even the talk around the Seleucids. Many people felt that its ok to not include a major empire of a time and instead include a backwood tribe that influenced nobody except the neighbouring bears, but they think of it as their ancestral craddle. Its silly but thats how fans think and the companies trying to appeal to the widest possible group, have to consider it.
    Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time

ShadowAU92's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian112 View Post
    ARE YOU GUYS SERIOUS,THERE ARE NO WALLS IN THIS GAME?

I haven't played a siege yet. There are no walls? That can't be true. Is it?
    "Towns" don't have walls in vanilla though I think there is already a mod that changes that, all province capitals (ie. Pella, Athenai) do to varying degrees.
    Service Done
    Service Totally Unsung
    Nonetheless
    Is Service Done
    Now We Say Tallarook
    Goodnight, Shipmates
    Godbless
    And Bloody Well Done
    --------------------------
    HMAS Sydney II -
    Lest We Forget

Arrow2daknee's Avatar Vicarius

your threads are funny Prom, I am quite enjoying the game even if it is full of bugs and when they fix it I shall enjoy it more while you are making these silly threads. The game is far from a disaster, your logic: they only spent a couple of years making a game how about stop patching it and supporting it a week after release and make another one? lol

We most likely won't see another total war title for some years, they need to find a new engine as the current one sucks.

temporaryname1's Avatar Foederatus

Yep a hugeeeeeeee and irrelevant world

Gaizokubanou's Avatar Biarchus
    United States, New Jersey (That's East Coast)

Don't forget guys, CA will probably make Warhammer themed Total War before anything else.
    Steam exclusive distribution is not unethical because the entire video gaming hobby is purely voluntary. Nobody is forcing you to use Steam because nobody is forcing you to buy and play Steam exclusive games.

If you are really coerced to play video games against your will, contact your local law enforcement agency for help.

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Choki View Post
    True! Asia total war!!!

I was saying to my mate yesterday that I would really enjoy a TW that covers the 1200's east Asia. You've got the various Japanese factions, the Chinese factions, Tibet, a growing Mongolian empire, the Ainu, Dai Viet, Khmer... it would be awesome.

Arbitrary Crusader's Avatar Praefectus

Prom, you want CA to abandon, so they could make MIII.

Ok.

And what do you think they're gonna do if they follow your logic?

Make MIII and supports it? Just like Rome t--- what a minute.

♪ Now it's over, I'm dead and I haven't done anything that I want, or I'm still alive and there's nothing I want to do

Arrow2daknee's Avatar Vicarius

What about a Renaissance total discover.

rjane04's Avatar Libertus

whatever the next title would be, imho! no one should pre-order it unless ca let us play a demo.

I'm not sure they can do multi cultural anything after Rome 2. Shogun 2 was good because they spent all their time concentrating on 1 culture. Everything would be the same and shallow if they tried to blitz through a Medieval 3 like they tried to do with Rome 2.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Rome 2 is totally broken and bugged but I want to believe things will get sorted out. At least I wont be preordering anything anymore. This is the last time I swear. I still have faith they will fix ROme 2 but this time CA NEEDS TO LISTEN TO WHAT FANS SUGGEST, starting by getting rid of the silly capture points.

Shigawire's Avatar VOXIFEX MAXIMVS

Prom, first you complain about "racist" units for being too tall or short, then you complain about hair... and now you just want to throw down on the floor and throw some childish temper tantrums.

------------------------------VOXIFEX MAXIMVS-------------------------------
    ------PROUD PARENT OF THE EUROPA BARBARORUM VOICEMOD-------

"To know a thing well, know its limits. Only when pushed beyond its tolerances will its true nature be seen." -The Amtal Rule, DUNE

First they must fix this game; then.. Medieval3? -the one last chance for CA and this entire franchise. I love TW but i must admit TWR2 = FAIL. Unlike some other people here, the more i play the more i...... dislike it. Oh i really tried to love R2 but i simply can not.. sorry. the only thing i really like is -campaign map, units are ok, but everything else is just unfinished, poorly designed, plain, boring, ugly (yes ugly) and completely unimmersive.. i'm not sure that even mods can help..

CA please if you ever going to make M3 do something like this:

NOT this:

Shigawire's Avatar VOXIFEX MAXIMVS

It's a super buggy release, and I hope it gets a great many patches before it's out of the woods.
    Too bad we got the beta on launch day. But it has great potential. So I'm willing to wait it out...
    Last edited by Shigawire; September 08, 2013 at 09:05 PM.
    ------------------------------VOXIFEX MAXIMVS-------------------------------
    ------PROUD PARENT OF THE EUROPA BARBARORUM VOICEMOD-------

"To know a thing well, know its limits. Only when pushed beyond its tolerances will its true nature be seen." -The Amtal Rule, DUNE

Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shaboobies View Post
    So let me get this strait. You and moan for months about Rome 2 making countless threads about the wrong hair colour or horse breed or some other pedantic piece of the game, and now that it's out you just abandon it as a total failure because the testudo is wrong?

I do not understand your motivations and reasoning...
    LOL a lot more than the testudo is "wrong".
    Last edited by Ishan; September 09, 2013 at 04:03 AM. Reason: Insulting Others

gunnergoz's Avatar Foederatus

@Prometheus ts: I'll tell you what - you send me the $60 I paid for this game and CA can drop Rome 2 remediation and go right to work on a new MW game. Otherwise, I expect CA to respect those who purchased this game by expending some serious time and effort to make Rome 2 into something we'll be happier with and which justifies the money we spent on it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast