Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The game is utterly lacking in depth.

Default Re: The game is utterly lacking in depth.

It's funny because those experiencing fanboy shock syndrome are recuperating by pushing their mentality and feelings onto others without knowing it.
    Fanboyism at its finest. I must hate it therefore others must hate it. We're all in this together. If somebody disagrees they're not true TW fans anymore, therefore we're always in the right.
    Good job keep going. You're well on your way to mental stability.

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

Couldn't agree more. Shogun 2 was much better. CA, clean your up.
    | R5 3600, RTX 2060, MSI B450I, 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4, AX760i, NH-U12S |

As far as depth goes I think its been all downhill since medieval 1. I used to love getting high acumen generals in all my cities. I loved developing a general with high dread. Now all the the roleplaying elements of total war are loooong gone.

And I'm not sure where all the shogun 2 love is coming from all of a sudden. That game had a very superficial campaign experience too....and cookie cutter units and factions that basically all felt the same to boot.
    Last edited by RZZZA; September 09, 2013 at 10:07 PM.

It's shallower, that's why. Don't get me wrong, I like some stuff about TW:RII, but in terms of previous games it feels lackluster. Shogun 2 (& even previous titles) was done beautifully - Nice artwork, nice interface, multiple turns per year and seasons, family tree, scripted scenarios, ect... TW:SII draws your attention and brings you into the game if you're the type of individual who really enjoys your rpg/rts..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12