Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Official Patch 2 downloaded: Still needs a lot of work - Discuss/Provide Feedback

Protector's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Official Patch 2 downloaded: Still needs a lot of work - Discuss/Provide Feedback

I am also with the beta patch 2 and lucky user of its new content, but the menu right up corner still shows version 1.0

The version no. should be at least telling v. 1.5

And when patch2 already is released, why is it still showing v. 1.0 ?

Default Re: Official Patch 2 downloaded: Still needs a lot of work - Discuss/Provide Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Protector View Post
    I am also with the beta patch 2 and lucky user of its new content, but the menu right up corner still shows version 1.0

The version no. should be at least telling v. 1.5

And when patch2 already is released, why is it still showing v. 1.0 ?
    you should look at the build version ... i think thats different.
    Let me explain something to you. Um, I am not "Mr. Lebowski".
    You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude.
    So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh,
    His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not
    into the whole brevity thing.

-- The Dude

after up patch 2 i can not load my save game, it just go back to the menu, what do i do now???

Wittman's Avatar Biarchus

btw do i have to delete beta patch before downloading the official or no?
    Please check your PM folder-Garb.

misleading title...there hasn't been an OFFICIAL patch 2 yet

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

OK, where is that beta patch?!? I can't find it
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Primicerius

you need to enable beta tests in your steam properties: right click the game in steam, go to properties, one of the tabs there has a checkmark for beta patches

Bawha's Avatar Civis

Hm, will patch 2 beta saves work when the actual patch 2 is live?. I havnt been able to finish a campaign yet. =(

Quote Originally Posted by Slaists View Post
    you need to enable beta tests in your steam properties: right click the game in steam, go to properties, one of the tabs there has a checkmark for beta patches
    I did, but I saw no difference. Nothing was downloaded and my end turn was still 5-6 minutes long. There is an "enter beta access code" thing that I can't fill.
    Although now that I opted-out of the beta... :/ it starts downloading stuff. I have no idea what's happening.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

How I see if I have the beta patch on successfuly? Is there in the game something that says "Beta patch 2" or something? Perhaps they messed them up and you need to pick "out of beta" to access the patch.

Was there a specific date for the official patch 2? All I have seen is "early this week"...

Yes. Past friday! "A patch every friday!" they said 2 weeks ago. Then it was "Monday" and now "Early this week"

Remo's Avatar Campidoctor

I would rather them take their time and get it right than release a patch that possibly breaks things.

Patience my children patience.

Also no, the official patch 2 has not been release yet.

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

MODERATORs, can you ban the OP for releasing false info. The patch hasnt even been released yet

Right now after finally deciding to play the Romans... one glaring flaw which is making me facepalm at the stupidity of it...

The most famous formation by the titular faction of the game, a formation used even today by riot police... the testudo, is BROKEN
    The blockade/can't attack problem is a close runner up.

But the testudo, how could they have screwed it up?

Oh... the blocade/can't attack. Yes, that's indeed a problem for me. My allies/satrapies blocade cities and I can't conquer them for like 20-30 turns.

Remo's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Oh... the blocade/can't attack. Yes, that's indeed a problem for me. My allies/satrapies blocade cities and I can't conquer them for like 20-30 turns.
    I have my own fix for this issue. I just kill everyone around me and refuse to be allies with anyone.

Gamplay killer. I see ithas been mentioned, but sea blockades not letting anyother faction even allies to attack the city for decades, even a century in a game I had, and making many of other factions waste resources there that they could use to defend them selves or attack others is just one of the worst things of this new game together with the unstability of the AI factions product of their incompetence to deal with the unrest/happiness sytem at the levels of unrest that médium/late game provides. If you see small factions, 1 región ones, they build up one or two full stacks while Rome with its imperium level builds up 8 stacks of 1 to 4 or five units that avoid any confrontation and make a guerilla war. It needs an army-navy/imperium rebalance or allow the factions more economic means so the stacks get more units.

Today, Carthage was keeping a full stack to invade Syracuse to take it from rebels, but could not do so because a Syracusian fleet was blockading the city, and had been there for decades, while a Romans were attacking Lylibeo with small stacks and Carthage could do nothing. This is a gamplay situtation that I have seen/suffered today product of all the things I said above. Amazing, why isnt it amazing in the good sense since first moment?

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...2032CAD239F5E/
    Last edited by Bethencourt; September 16, 2013 at 06:05 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12