View Poll Results: soooo is anyone actually happy with rome 2?

Voters
448. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm happy with rome 2

187 41.74%
  • I'm not

261 58.26%
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: soooo is anyone actually happy with rome 2?

Augus's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: soooo is anyone actually happy with rome 2?

Im majorly dissapointed, expected a great game but what we have in reality is an arcade game with no real depth that has the worst AI i can remember in any game i have played, i actually have stopped playing rome 2, this coming after i said id be calling in sick for a week when it first came out !. I dont think it will have any where near the lastability of rome 1 based on its release, im quite astonished that they released it in this state actually.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

RTW was new and we weren't used to such things. That was IMO the main difference. As far as CAI goes, without mods it was atrocious IMO.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Last night I decided to get the rubbish call Rome 2 off my PC (and steam too).

After playing 30 to 50 turns multiple times and one game almost 200 turns it has become evident that this game is sorely lacking in multiple areas. It is neither a good strategy game nor a good battlefield simulator. The battles have improved with the patches, but not enough.

When there are large scale mod conversions available (6 months/2 years?) I will re-install this to try it again. At this point, it is not worth my time--and don't want to be reminded that I even have the game.

It's risky to say "never", but in this case I feel safe. I will never preorder a game from CA again. It is also very unlikely that I will ever buy anything from CA again. Hey, I know, it's just a video game. However, like music, there is some that I love and would happily pay for and some that I would like to drown out...with bombs.

Indefinitely Banned

Yes, I'm happy because I'm a Sheep baaaaa

Unfortunately, TWC likes to assume you are some grand council of the fanbase, and the words spoken here are law.

Which is just ridiculous.

OMG, this. I would give you a thousand rep if I could. And pretty much the main reason I don't tend to take - save for a few exceptions - most of TWC users too seriously.

I was here when the ETW whining was prevalent around these boards. " OMG, I'll never buy a CA game again. They betrayed us! US, TWC! Their most loyal and worthy fans! Our opinion is the most valuable of all ! CA is worse than Hitler, KKK and Satan combined!"

And, shocker? ETW became a good game, and, with mods, a great game. And many of the exact same people I saw whining and saying they'd never touch a CA game again bought Rome 2.

Not to mention it's your fault if you bought the game even after seeing how obviously broken it was going to be on release.
    Last edited by beckyolt; September 22, 2013 at 05:16 PM.
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

I am not happy. The game is bugged, not balanced, not optimized for my new computer (which I bought in hope to play RTW without laggs). And what is the worst? Even if I magically forget about those bad things...the gameplay is not very enjoyable. All the TW games I have played were more fun. I used to play every new TW campaign for hours and I had not enough, it always was a great fun (even the bugged Empire). But in Rome 2? I play it for about an hour and then it gets boring...I do not know why.
    "When your opponent fears you, then's the moment when you give the fear its own rein, give it the time to work on him. Let it become terror. The terrified man fights himself. Eventually, he attacks in desperation. That is the most dangerous moment, but the terrified man can be trusted usually to make a fatal mistake."

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

I have two lists.
    One all the things I like about Rome 2, about 12 items.
    Second, all the things I don't like about it, 28 items.

So yes, I hate it by a factor of more than 2x.
    With Total war since original Shogun, made my life better!
    My videos about Total War on YouTube :
    https://www.youtube.com/user/perafilozof

Libertus

Don't get me wrong I really like the game, but for what it could be or will be with the work of the MOD community. This game out of the box is a huge disappointment. I have found that since the first Medieval Total War, the diplomacy and emersion factors such as landed titles, a serious trait/ancillary system, not to mention the removal of the family trees has seriously taken away from the overall game experience. The fact that 70% of my generals go "Mad" or get the Skilled Siege Attacker/Defender trait after one turn or one siege battle, and the battle can be a very small garrison force. Its pathetic and seems to me that whoever they gave this game to play test and check for bugs didn't even attempt to do their job as there are 100's of things that need working on as we all well know.

Im having a blast playing it right now especially after the two patches, I cant wait till the next one comes out next week. While everybody complains on here im having to much fun playing the game

Best vanilla TW thus far. The people whining apparently mostly haven't upgraded their PCs since the release of the Xbox 360 and look at really shoddy releases like rome 1 through rose colured glasses.

AI asking for 'please do not attack' and offering 'accept or we will attack' in return was the only common AI proposal you'd get in vanilla RTW. It didn't even matter if you were at war with a faction or allied with them because your allies were more likely to attack you in weakly garrisoned regions than enemies would attack in secured ones. Troops having advantages fighting uphill because the ones on the hill would get their ankles smashed whilst striking well above their enemies heads, two-handed units not dealing any damage at all, charge bonus only applying if you walked the cavalry to attack but not if they ran, full peasant stacks in MTW, full catapult stacks in M2TW and ETW just being disfunctional at every level...

I could continue this list on and on, but despite an unacceptable state of the game at launch, I have never encontered anything remotely as bad as in previous titles.

Now having done worse really isn't an excuse, especially after mods and patches have set things right in previous titles, whereas CA keep making the same mistakes over and over again at release of every single game.

However most of the people complaining here are emoraging kids who apparently don't remember how bad their favourite TW game was at release.
    Last edited by Niccolo Machiavelli; September 22, 2013 at 07:38 PM.

Happy no. But im ok with it. As i dont play it for a while now its basicaly allmost indiferent to me right now.

I play Rome 2, and that shows on steam. That does not however reflect my negative feeling toward it. I paid good money for it and got some basic mods to make it playable. That does NOT mean that I am happy with Rome 2.

There's a big gap between being happy with the game, being unhappy with the game, and hating the game. I doubt anyone is in the latter camp except unless their game doesn't run on their PC at all due to technical issues.

Happy vs unhappy, well probably many TWC users are in the less-than-happy camp.

Elianus's Avatar Ordinarius

Let's face it. The game right now is rather bad BUT if the important things get fixed and it proves to be moddable...well, it can become amazing. Rome 2 is like a really really REALLY beautiful woman that is obese, dresses awfully and doesn't shave her legs.
    ''Πας μη Έλλην, βάρβαρος.''

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Carlucio View Post
    I have mixed feelings, right now i'm very frustrated by turn times and unfinishable campaigns.
    My thoughts precisely, I am also waiting for the community released mods.

Not really. Most of the issues are inherent to the game and cannot be possibly modded in or patched. Horrible UI layout, poor art direction, many cut features, lack of atmosphere to the period, little to no depth in most of the new "features", etc. It's like for every feature they added, they took 2 out. I don't understand this logic. Improve on what you've got while innovating at the same time, not one or the other.

ditto

Quote Originally Posted by beckyolt View Post
    OMG, this. I would give you a thousand rep if I could. And pretty much the main reason I don't tend to take - save for a few exceptions - most of TWC users too seriously.

I was here when the ETW whining was prevalent around these boards. " OMG, I'll never buy a CA game again. They betrayed us! US, TWC! Their most loyal and worthy fans! Our opinion is the most valuable of all ! CA is worse than Hitler, KKK and Satan combined!"

And, shocker? ETW became a good game, and, with mods, a great game. And many of the exact same people I saw whining and saying they'd never touch a CA game again bought Rome 2.

Not to mention it's your fault if you bought the game even after seeing how obviously broken it was going to be on release.

Sad but true

I'm all for people to post constructive criticism and hell I even agree with many of them but I'm also tired of seeing non-constructive ones.

i do like the game an thousand times more then empire total war up to shogun 2....... but even when i say i like and i'm happy, i'm also aware that this game needs a ton of fixes, but being mature gamer i also know that every game is released with their own kind of problems, because its really necessary being delusional to think that games are released bug-free and if theres bugs then they're "Satan"..... heck i'm playing GTA V and i've found glitches, so should i go to R* and say they sold an open beta??? bait and switch? fraud? or open 100001 threads to say i hate and "it sucks"? LOOOL

like how was said here, and i had previous account to this one (following since rome 1 here on twc), this hating and trolling have happened with every TW release, but most fun and sad thing is the same people that trolled shogun2 to death, now have here switched to rome 2 (to hate) and all kind and praising shogun2......... hypocrisy at best xD
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

After the patches and Radious mod RTW2 is clearly much better than it was at the release. So I'd say I'm happy with the game. Yesterday I spent 6 hours playing it and enjoyed every minute. Nevertheless, I don't think I will be preordering any games by CA in the future.