View Poll Results: What about you

Voters
814. You may not vote on this poll
  • Do you still enjoy and play this game?

346 42.51%
  • Have you stopped playing for: Bugs campaign

165 20.27%
  • Have you stopped playing for: Bugs BAI

224 27.52%
  • Have you stopped playing for: peformance issues

216 26.54%
  • Have you stopped playing for: Bugs CAI

175 21.50%
  • Have you stopped playing for: Bugs multiplayer

51 6.27%
  • Have you stopped playing for: dropped MP avatar

46 5.65%
  • Have you stopped playing for: dropped features

291 35.75%
  • Have you stopped playing for: Do not like the Roman time

14 1.72%
  • Have you stopped playing for: other reasons (real life etc)

75 9.21%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: How many are still playing RTWII?

Default Re: How many are still playing RTWII?

last time played 10 days ago with 8 hours total. Game is boring, broken, game design is poor. Worst game for me in many many years. Very disappointed with CA behavior.

last time played 10 days ago with 8 hours total. Game is boring, broken, game design is poor. Worst game for me in many many years. Very disappointed with CA behavior.
    This. Im back to ETW + Darth Mod. Playing as Mughal Republic. VH\VH. Challenging, hard, fun and endless replayability. Rome 2 lacks everything, its simple, dumb, lagyy, once again dumb and unbalanced. Never again, very bad game. Simple fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy_Licker View Post
    lol. CKII is miles ahead of RII, CA can't even see them no more. Except for shiny graphics RII has nothing to offer, you can't even list the RTS battles no more since they've become a complete joke too. I hope Paradox takes the chance to release a new acient era game, but I guess they will focus on EU IV and CK 2 expansions.
    Dont take it the wrong way but to me Paradox game is like a second job , I think they are dull . If Paradox game are soooo much beter I wonder why they dont sell many unit its because its a super niche game , but I can see why some people think its fun in the end its all a matter of taste, just like Prom prefer Shogun 2, I prefer rome 2 I like the new recruitment system and name my legions and army keep leveling if they can fix BAI and CAI I will be more then happy and family tree would be a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeneas Veneratio View Post
    The game could score a 100/100 by all reviewers and you would still find something to hate. You are impossible to please and you will never find a game that will offer you completeness and perfection, at this point you might aswell look for another hobby, because the gaming industry will never provide, what you seek.

@Pnutmaster: Rome 2 might be flawed, but it's still more entertaining that CK2 will ever be. CK2 was my life's worst gaming experience and it was dull beyond comprehension.
    Pure crap.
    I already wrote , if you can'tread , that shogun was great, but rtwII sucks big time , I forecasted when they revealed a feature strip after the other , still I got the game hoping to bewrong , yes I was wrong, but in hiping it could be better , it was actually even worst. The worst tw ever .

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

I gotta admit I haven't played Rome 2 for like in a week.. Sure ive been playing GTA V instead but I also didn't really have the urge to go back to Rome 2. Which is crazy for a new TW game because usually I am psyched about that. But it has been so dissapointing the first days/week...

The only real reason why I'm still playing the game is to find out how to work around other things, or exactly how screwed up the game is.

You know, like a beta tester.

Whale's Avatar Libertus

I like the game although I usually only play MP campaign. I go back to empire some though. In my Prussian campaign the ottomans, Barbary state, Poland, Russia, great britian, marratha, Saxony, Indian tribes, and Mexico remain.

I actually feel Rome 2 is a misunderstood game.

Here is what I've seen so far (and keep in mind this is VANILLA Legendary, no mods that make the game childproof easy by cutting upkeep/food/squalor, limitless unique units and whatever cheat there is).

The campaign map play is much deeper and it's harder to keep everything under control (unless you use mods that make the game EZMODE by cutting down difficulties like Radious things), and you actually need to develop a good building strategy based on the geographical location and resources rather than just spamming things randomly.
    CAI also plays a lot better than S2, albeit still needing a much needed buff to unit upgrading.

Field battles are much harder than any TW I played; the AI will now attack you properly instead of sitting there being dumb.
    Siege battles are still in need of development indeed, the AI is a joke there and will never be challenging. That is perhaps the main downside.
    BAI overall has made a ton of progress compared to other TWs.

Still, bear in mind that if you buy any PC game on release it will be most likely in major need of fixing so if you decide to buy a pre-order you *must* consider this possibility; I can name a plethora of games who were jokingly bugged at release, it's simply how it is.
    The game is there, it's developed, bugs will be patched, unwanted features will be changed, etc.

So yeah I'm here for the long run. I'm currently completing the Rome campaign and it's quite tough from mid-game onwards.

I'm still playing and enjoying. But I agree with the people who say it lacks immersion. To me, the series has removed too many good features and aspects of gameplay, and has steadily decreased immersion since the original Medieval I

here's the thing: Crusader Kings II and other Paradox games are not technically impressive or expensive games, but they are immersive. That's one thing they nailed. Total War used to be that way too, but somewhere in the rush to change and improve things (especially graphics), Total War lost its soul
    Last edited by RZZZA; September 26, 2013 at 09:25 PM.

I stopped playing the game the minute after I saw the AI starving themselves and my spy proved they had the ability to fix it, they just chose not to.

Until CA teaches the AI to play its own game (or concedes defeat and hands them a bunch of food) my immersion is broken. There is enough wrong with the CAI that even if the BAI properly functioned, it would have no chance. Just think - of all the photos of players' empires, how many AI's have more then six or seven settlements?

Very few.

Someone on the main forum posted a campaign summary and the conclusion was damning...

(paraphrasing) "CA, you need to increase your Q&A budget / get new staff / give them the time to succeed. It is painfully obvious that no one at CA has played a campaign, because so many of these issues are widespread, elementary, and common that to claim that these are bugs that you didn't know about is absurd"
    Last edited by Andy06r; September 26, 2013 at 10:37 PM.

Apparently enough people to keep Rome 2 constantly in the top 10 most played games on Steam.

Not that I think some of TWC's forumites are capable of seeing any of the good Rome 2 does.

vietanh797's Avatar Domesticus

For me this kind of graphic for a RTS game is a little too much. They can keep this graphic for a RTS game 5 years later and no one gonna complain.
    AI is working but as I said it isn't working every battle. If it work every battle game will be much more fun. AI best working is in naval battles so far they really know how to ram and board when human never able to cope up with this fast pace naval battle. I often have to use 1/2 speed in naval battle since they moving too fast can after ram a ship my ship not try to ram again.
    Empire II and Medieval III pls

Yeah Rome II broke my heart, I have gone back to the older Total Wars like Rome and Medieval II as well as the Witcher 2 and some other games.

August's Avatar Decanus

I am still playing, happily so...
    But, forgive me, the opening question was a rhetorical wasn't it?
    You aren't interested in anyone's answer and just seek another way to publicly broadcast your displeasure. Oh the glorious wonder of anonymity + audience that internet bestows upon us, eh.

i took a pause because the patches which were released so far didnt help one bit with my performance. it s not enjoyable to play like this.

i only started last week in my first serious campaign and i am not giving up on the game
    I think most naysayers have little patience and lack insight
    or are upset there isn't a instant win button or are not interrested in the historical background of the game
    the lack of firearms and big explosions or the unfamiliar appearance of how the romans look like might have something to do with it ( omy romans look nothing like the history channel romans and no AK 47 si will not play this game never )

the game isn't perfect , not is any game publiced these days , not a single game in the TWeries was on initial release , and i ve played them since the original shogun ( i didn't play shogun 2 becaise the toe frame nor the historical background doesn't interest me

give it time and have some patience CA usually łakes up with some good patches and yjr łodding community is still trying to find out how and what they can improve
    Last edited by BSGfan; September 27, 2013 at 02:37 AM.

nigelnire's Avatar Decanus

It just highlights how bad Rome 2 is when there is a thread asking “How many people are still playing”? a few weeks after release. Its still on my hard drive in the hope that CA and modders can fix the game a little allowing me to at least play some half decent custom battles but really the game was on a life support machine from birth.

SamueleD's Avatar Campidoctor

Short answer: only for a few hours after each patch, for now.

I test it out after each patch, but for now it hasn't made me want to play it for more than it was necessary to test the patch out. It has not captivated me as previous TW titles did, hell, even vanilla ETW makes me want to click end turn, with Rome II each time I explore the map I'm afraid to find a bankrupted AI faction, each time I play a battle I'm afraid to click fight, because I'll have to fight another absurd and broken battle, with sieges being the worst. Right now the game is just plain boring and unchallenging.
    TW always gets easier and a bit tedious as you progress (even with Shogun 2 realm divide), but no TW does it as much and as rapidly as Rome II, and this inconsistent entertainment level is what destroys Rome II, it just stops being interesting after a few turns, internal politics should have made the mid-late game interesting, but the lack of depth, immersion and role playing opportunities turn them into a nuisance, if you couple that with an AI so limited that doesn't form empires because it can't handle the game economy and just starves until you put it out of its misery and a battles that make tactics unnecessary, well, things don't look so good.
    Just look at online videos: I've followed Heir of Carhage for a few years now, andd this is the first game where I've seen him just select all of its infantry, give an attack order and that's it, because that's actually all he has to do to win, and he isn't even that good.

Still playing RTW2 (mostly SP) i enjoy it allot more then STW2.
    Best game is still RTW1

Wolar's Avatar Tiro

I am still playing, though only about 30 mins or so every day. Waiting on new patches and mods..
    Scripta manent, verba volant.

My Byzantine AAR
    My Rome II story