Thread: Be ready for a Merge

Default Be ready for a Merge

Hello everyone!

I'd like to apologize for not being active in here for awhile. I was going to try and get a release out, but I am so busy nowadays with school, work, and other things that I never have time to finish the next version!

However, joining someone and merging mods was an idea, and so that is what I have done. This mod will now be called Rome: Total History. There will be a lot added and it will not be considered a vanilla mod anymore. Instead it will be more of a realism mod.

Philadelphos is the creator of RTH, and I have had a hand in the mods progress since fall of 2011. He has always welcomed me to join the mod, but I have always wanted to do my own thing. Well, I had a little success with Mundus Magnus and RTR, but times are changing and I can no longer work solely on a mod, I need a partner, and that is exactly what Philadelphos and I have become. We are also good friends, so expect a lot from this mod as I expect it to be pretty cool.

The change should take place soon, so if you cannot find MM, look for RTH!

Default Re: Be ready for a Merge

Does this mean Baktria will be in the merged mod

Bactria will be a part of the 'Hellenic Kingdoms' faction so technically you could play as them

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Since i joined TWC, I have noticed (and I believe you would agree) that every 2 months or so, you announce that you 'll participate in or create a new mod, new ideas, new projects, something new, that never gets finished.

I hope that the time has come to make a finished mod. I write this as a big fan of RTW mods, who got tired of reading about new mods with new ideas that they don't even start. Too many guys who like to "announce their big plans" and they just don't do anything after that. I's the "joy of announcement" they seek, i guess.

I am aware of the fact that i have no right to demand anything from anyone, but since i have the right to post, i am just writing my opinion.
    Last edited by Stath's; September 28, 2013 at 04:37 PM.

No I totally agree. I wish I had the fervor and zeal in me to finish the past projects. Usually what happens is that I get SO MANY ideas at once in my head that I make a huge announcement and make good initial progress, but something happens usually an error I cannot solve, something with real life, frustration, or even lack of interest. I think that in the past I have been so INVOLVED with my mod that it's all I think about, whether it be at work or school, or even trying to sleep. I get like this for a few weeks, but then it's like I burn out and I no longer want to continue. I then put away the mod/idea for another time. Two weeks later and I have the fuel and intensity but for something new.

It's been like this for two years. I left HRTW, XRTW was cancelled due to past dealings with HRTW, and RTRPEII was halted because some things were not adding up, and I would like to think that I am the MOST frustrated about it out of everyone. BUT I have been steady with my Mundus Magnus Mod for about 6 months now, and a few months ago I had a proposition for RTR. The experiment failed but that doesn't mean I didn't forget about it.

Also I believe I put too much work out in front of me. I am only one, yet I try doing things that takes 5 people to finish.

A lot of what I mentioned in that RTR idea will be present with RTH. In fact, I have permission to use RTRPE units for this mod. So basically RTH will be a combination of Mundus Magnus, my RTR proposal, and Philadelphos' RTH mod all in one.

I hope that can make you feel better about this mod. Now all there is to do is FINISH.
    Last edited by ahowl11; September 28, 2013 at 04:52 PM.

Your preaching to the choir, once I get started on a story idea, another one comes up and I just have get started on it and end up leaving the other one incomplete, long story short, 134 story "Ideas" and no actual story

Haha. Enough with the gloom and doom guys. I for one, really hope that your project takes off and gets finished. The mod looks great on paper and I hope I will get a chance to play it. Good luck!

Thank you for the support guys, I am pretty excited about this. Philadelphos has incorporated a lot of knowledge into this mod and me? I'm kind of just the guy who trys to make it look good

Yeah ahowl, we support you, I'm sure the mod will be fantastic

News:
    Still awaiting the change from MM to RTH. Can't make any real updates until then.
    We have been approved to use units from RTRPE and EB. Do not expect a whole lot from EB, but expect a lot from RTRPE.
    I am tirelessly searching for units to go into the mod, if you know of any old or hidden mods and unit packs let me know. They need to be realistic looking.

I am about to uninstall everything RTW related from my CPU and then reinstall RTW to version 1.2. I am going to take a look at all the 'old' mods to see if they have any units that we could use. Plus it was getting messy

If anyone would like to help out (especially when it comes to 2d and 3d art) you are more than welcome to lend a hand!

Now that the merge is complete this thread can now be closed