Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Discussion Thread

Default Re: 2013 NFL Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NaptownKnight View Post
    Hes definetly the best in his draft class and would be the front runner for MVP if not for Manning. Stop hating. RG3 has proved hes not even on Wilson's level, and Luck has proved head to head, and with his ability to win all these games on a mediocre team other than him. Wilson is sitting on the most talented team in the league, Luck doesnt even have blocking.
    NEITHER DOES WILSON.

Dude, I don't know how you can even sit there and argue that the Seahawks have anywhere near the most talented team in the league. They've have a talented defense, but that's completely irrelevant as far as the QB goes. And man, playing head to head one time and winning one time doesn't suddenly mean he's the better QB. The Seahawks have an AWFUL offensive line. Their playing 7th round picks and UDFA's at three of the five slots, they've lost both their starting LT and back-up LT (though even Okung isn't all that good pass blocking) their guard play is abysmal, they've got basically nothing but a decent RG and RT, but even they suck quite a bit of the time. The only reason Wilson doesn't get sacked as much as Luck does is because Wilson is naturally gifted at eluding and evading. He's so shifty and quick that it's hard to sack him. Russell Wilson is the most PRESSURED QB in the NFL, at 39%. 39% of his snaps, there is someone in his face. 39%. That's not one game, or one month, that's his entire year. I don't care who you are, being pressured nearly 40% of the time in absurd.

Russell Wilson- 100.7 passer rating
    Andrew Luck- 80.1 passer rating

Russell Wilson- 43 TDs
    Andrew Luck- 37 TDs

Russell Wilson- 16 INTs
    Andrew Luck- 24 INTs

Russell Wilson- 63.8 completion percentage
    Andrew Luck- 55.7 completion percentage

Russell Wilson- 8.1 yards per attempt
    Andrew Luck- 7.0 yards per attempt

Russell Wilson- 12.7 yards per completion
    Andrew Luck- 12.6 yards per completion

Russell Wilson- 6.6 touchdown percentage
    Andrew Luck- 3.9 touchdown percentage

Russell Wilson- 2.5 interception percentage
    Andrew Luck- 2.6 interception percentage

Russell Wilson has better numbers, Russell Wilson has better efficiency, Russell Wilson has more TD's and less INT's. The only thing he doesn't have is bulk yardage stats but those are completely irrelevant. Just because they played ONE TIME and the COLTS, beat the SEAHAWKS, doesn't mean LUCK beat WILSON. It's not hard to understand. I mean how can you even say Luck proved to be better after that game after Wilson went pound for pound with him?

Other than Lynch, who on that Seahawks offense would you take on the Colts that would start? Golden Tate, maybe? Jermaine Kearse? Doug Baldwin?

Frontrunner for MVP is so asinine. You're SUCH a homer it's freaking astounding. No, no he wouldn't be. The best offensive player on a team that, right now, is 9-0, would be. Then after him it'd be the guy who's ALSO playing quite well in Drew Brees, then probably Calvin Johnson or Matt Stafford.

Again. Come from behind wins are completely irrelevant as far as QB play. And no, I'm sorry, but Mediocre teams don't go 6-3, good teams do. That's what the Colts are. Their a good team. But they aren't a great team, they haven't bean a great team all day.

I'm not hating on Andrew Luck. Jesus mean I said point blank he's a good young QB that has some glaring flaws that aren't accounted for because of his O-line. He has these flaws even when he has time. He has a tendency to throw off his back foot even without pressure, his accuracy is streaky, he makes a lot of boneheaded mistakes and his arm limits what he can do. But he's got good mechanics on the run, he's mechanically very sound in the pocket when he sets his feet right, he's got good mobility. But he needs to put things together. He makes way too many bonehead throws right now to be considered a top tier/top 10 QB, let alone MVP.
    Last edited by frozenprince; November 12, 2013 at 08:04 PM.

Patronized by the mighty Heinz Guderian

I WUB PUGS's Avatar OOH KILL 'EM

I like Luck. I mean he's a ing nerd, but I think he's a good QB and a pretty good guy. But hahaha, Wilson is for sure better. Probably the best QB in the league right now.

Another quality ACC product I might add. (No I do not care where he played his last year.)

jukeness's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by I WUB PUGS View Post
    I like Luck. I mean he's a ing nerd, but I think he's a good QB and a pretty good guy. But hahaha, Wilson is for sure better. Probably the best QB in the league right now.

Another quality ACC product I might add. (No I do not care where he played his last year.)
    Even with fairly little to work with, you'd still have to go with Peyton or Brees before you say Wilson.

I WUB PUGS's Avatar OOH KILL 'EM

Wilson.

DekuTrash's Avatar Human Directional
    Content Emeritus

This has been making the rounds today, it's pretty neat!

http://www.footballasfootball.com/

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Those are cool, but I like these better

http://gridiron-league.com/

About:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Gridiron League is a collection of idealized NFL insignias that pay tribute to each team's history and geography in a period-specific aesthetic that glorifies the Vince Lombardi-era over the Cold-Activated-era. This is not an exercise in nostalgia but an interpretation of the league's founding principles through the symbols that we, as football fans, identify with most.

Many NFL franchises — Patriots, Broncos, Rams, Lions — have updated their uniforms and logos to a swooshed-out, dropped-shadowed, and more commercial-ready image, ignoring a good deal of their team's heritage and the original rough-and-tumble character that the league stood for. The mud, blood, and grass stains that smeared across the varsity-style lettering and colors of jerseys past have been bleached out for iPads and HD screens, and new colors — lime greens, teals, and “Black For Black’s Sake” — introduced arbitrarily for the sake of selling more jerseys and attracting newer audiences.

There is a handful of teams — Bears, Packers, Raiders, Saints, Steelers — who still play by the old school rules and don't necessarily need this treatment, but in an effort to make this a cohesive project, no team was spared.

Nike is taking over the jersey design and fabrication next season when Reebok's contract ends. We can only hope that they will preserve the few remaining original logos and uniforms, and revive the many histories that have long been relegated to ESPN Classic. As for the Ravens, Panthers, Jaguars, and Titans, we can only pretend.
    Last edited by the_mango55; November 13, 2013 at 04:58 PM.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Citizen

I also like these "British" logos

http://daveartlocker.blogspot.com/20...e-british.html
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

I like his "manning faces" one better.

Patronized by the mighty Heinz Guderian

Quote Originally Posted by NaptownKnight View Post
    Hes definetly the best in his draft class and would be the front runner for MVP if not for Manning. Stop hating. RG3 has proved hes not even on Wilson's level, and Luck has proved head to head, and with his ability to win all these games on a mediocre team other than him. Wilson is sitting on the most talented team in the league, Luck doesnt even have blocking.
    Had the Redskins' coaches any semblance on competence, Griffin wouldn't have started a game until Weeks 4 or 5. They would've seen they had an equally capable back-up in Cousins, who hasn't seen much of any action this year, being that the coaches are reluctant to bench the star QB when he's STILL less than 100%. And before you go criticizing, just know that Washington was ramming their offense down Wilson's and Seattle's throats before Griffin injured his knee. Dumb Man Shanahan was too proud to bench Griffin when he saw his QB wasn't healthy, and inserted Cousins when Washington still had a chance to win.

Griffin hasn't done as well this year because:

1) Try coming back 100% less than a year after major surgery to repair ligaments in your knee, in a sport that demands mobility and see how difficult it is
    2) Had to split time in the off-season between rehabbing his knee and training, so the motor function isn't where it needs to be
    3) The coaches built the offense around Griffin being mobile, acting as a catalyst for their success last season, and have had problems adjusting to his immobility up till now
    4) Play-calling for Washington's offense has been horrendous compared to last season

These are facts, not excuses.

This isn't to say he'd be AS good as last season, just better utilized to put up decent numbers.

DekuTrash's Avatar Human Directional
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post
    Those are cool, but I like these better

http://gridiron-league.com/
    Nice! I've always love when someone puts together alternate logos together. The British ones are good as well, got some good laughs from them.

Redskins are garbage when they hold the ball twice as long as Philly, yet they're down by 17. And you know your QB's having a bad day when he had 26 yards passing in a half.

Chalk another one up in the 'L' column.

EDIT: Nice to see they're trying to mount a comeback in the 4th, trouble is, it's likely a case of 'too little, too late.' The question everyone will be asking is: Where the was the offense for the first 3 quarters? Pitiful.

Haslett needs to go, and I mean right now!

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

I was hoping for a "Skins win, so that G-Men would gain a game. The crazy thing is, they're only 2 games back now, with 6 to go. I can't believe we could be in sole position of first in a couple weeks if we get some help. What a turnaround.
    Last edited by ggggtotalwarrior; November 17, 2013 at 06:30 PM.
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Scipio Afracanis's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Giants are only 2 back!(to get to .500 that is )

KC played a good team for once and didn't win? Strange.

Rodgers is worth everything that GB pays him it seems.

Jets jeck/hyde continues(no talk of them firing Rex anymore, thought he was gone by game 2 or 3 media?)

Texans..............................................................................................................................................
    2010 ,2012,2014 World Series Champions: San Francisco Giants
    1962, 1989, 2002

Indefinitely Banned

I was nervous about that game last night but thank god the Broncos won. Now I'll be even more nervous for the game .vs. the Pats now.

Angrychris's Avatar Primicerius

A lot of bitter loses. Can't believe how bad atl got, jets can't win two games in a row, balt let it slip away, san diego and detroit only played one half of football, and houstons turning on themselves. Good stuff. I want to see denver vs new orleans or seattle vs KC in the superbowl

Leave it to the modder to perfect the works of the paid developers for no profit at all.

s.rwitt's Avatar Shamb Conspiracy Member

Panthers are looking good.

Citizen

Holy crap my heart is still pounding from that game.
    ttt

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post
    Holy crap my heart is still pounding from that game.
    I thought I was going to get a heart attack. I had to read the rule book just to make sure.... it looks like a good call.

Every game I have drank at we have won... coincidence? I think not...
    Got nothing...

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

1) should never have thrown the flag to begin with.
    2) Pats scored a TD on a noncall where Cannon deliberately cut down/injured Charles Johnson.
    3)Go ing Panthers

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

jukeness's Avatar Domesticus

I feel good for the Panthers, one of the few teams I actually like. Their defense is great and Cam Newton deserves more praise, hope they fair well in the playoffs.