Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 50% off on Steam

Default Re: 50% off on Steam

Quote Originally Posted by craziii View Post
    you won't see lower than 50% this is a superb deal to get if you haven't yet. as of 1.7, the game is close to 8.5 imo. I am sure patch 8 would boost it to 8.5
    Perhaps not this sale, but give it another 6 months....you never know.
    Black shadow of the Vincent falls on a Triumph line
    I got my motorcycle jacket but I'm walking all the time.
    A South Atlantic wind blows ice from a dying creed.
    I see no glory and when will we be free.

I worship Gold Edition, the only TW v1.0.

gunnergoz's Avatar Foederatus

Look for it in the bargain bin by next summer. What a waste of hard-earned money this game was.

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

most games after 9 months is in the bargain bin I don't understand the complain.
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii

Still overpriced.

Holger Danske's Avatar Comes Limitis

27,5€ is still way too much for a game which will only hold disappointments for me and well I not going to support the detestable company behind it.

The game is a lot better now and it would be worth your money in my opinion. Also I already had 3 months off fun and hunderds of hours played this, so now I have payed 10 cent per hour I played, there are a lot if things that cost more per hour xD

i dont care how the game is right now. i will never reward CA for their behaviour pre & post release with 30€

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

PRAISE BROTHAS

http://gaben.tv/

Even with all the fixes so far, I won't recommend Rome 2 to anyone who has not yet bought it, not even if it was discounted. If a game has short campaign time limit but with depth like Shogun 2, I'll recommend it. Or if it is a slow paced epic but has an engaging AI and well thought out diplomatic and political system, I'll also recommend it. Rome 2 has neither of these qualities. Fundamental gameplay design and good AI should always come first before thinking of other fixes, yet I've not seen these addressed in Rome 2.
    "Say not always what you know, but always know what you say." - Claudius

Quote Originally Posted by chris10 View Post
    on this your are not correct Humble...one of the basic conditions to be able to distribute through steam is that steam reserves absolute sovereignty for itself over the selling price after x amount of time...developers/publishers have no saying...its would be absolutely impossible to consult every time with every company for every steam sale and carry out the necessary negotiations to put the packages together...

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...tual-propert/1
    Well the devs of PDS said if they go on sale for 50% in steam, they get 50% less.

this thread is actually kinda funny and telling, it revealed some posters on this forum that is super critical of the game when they don't even own it and have never played it. the perfect example: post #46
    fear is helluva drug
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

still not worth it!

=Vastator='s Avatar Senator

this thread is actually kinda funny and telling, it revealed some posters on this forum that is super critical of the game when they don't even own it and have never played it. the perfect example: post #46
    Maybe?
    Disclaimer: the post above is way way prealpha, the final version will be way better than this.

Too right. The game sucks ass; why wouldn't we be super critical of it?

I pre-ordered and paid $60 for this game like a sucker

Quote Originally Posted by =Vastator= View Post
    Maybe?
    if I understand correctly, then he has zero rights to complain as he isn't a customer it's like someone broke into my home and ate my dinner, then complains to me that it tastes bad!

Quote Originally Posted by GoTW Kubee View Post
    Too right. The game sucks ass; why wouldn't we be super critical of it?
    when he doesn't even own it nor play it, what rights does he have in regards to it's quality? what basis does he use in criticizing it?
    fear is helluva drug

Given what we have gotten, I wouldn't be bothered to play let alone install this game if CA paid ME!

50% off isn't a bargain, try aiming for 100% off, as in not buying this bare bones broken turd. That way, at least you can spend the money on better games.

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

when he doesn't even own it nor play it, what rights does he have in regards to it's quality? what basis does he use in criticizing it?
    Intense Research, keen extrapolation and good common sense.

A guy doesn`t have to step on a mine to know it`s bad.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Porus View Post
    Are you sure about that? It's still the 11th most played game on Steam right now
    Of course it is !!

What else can you expect when all the masses desperately start playing after each patch ?
    Just to discover to their sadness the "game" is again not fixed and not fun to play with........
    Last edited by Celtoi; December 01, 2013 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Textformat

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast