Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Discussion Thread

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Default Re: 2013 NFL Season Thread

I just hope Clowney doesn't fall to Lanta or TB. I'd hate him forever.

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Indefinitely Banned

The wait for the Broncos/Pats game is killing me!

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

Quote Originally Posted by frozenprince View Post
    Mel Kiper has a projected draft where Johnny Manziel is #1 overall and Teddy Bridgewater falls to #8, while the Raiders, Browns, Jags and Bucs all passed on a QB.

I'm sorry, but when you've got Pyror/McLovin, Chad Henne, Weedon/Hoyer and Glennon. You're not passing Teddy MFing Bridgewater no matter who else is there.

If the Texans pass on him it's the worst decision they've ever made, if SIX OTHER TEAMS DO? They are all going to regret it. Big time.

He's the best collegiate QB prospect I have EVER seen.
    Bridgewater's the guy from Louisville, right?

I watched a couple games with him, and I have no idea how you put Manziel over him.
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Soothsayer's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Simonyi de Vitézvár View Post
    The wait for the Broncos/Pats game is killing me!
    I know. I can't see how the Broncos could lose though with the weather being perfect and Manning playing perfect. I admittedly will say I'm scared of the Patriots.

DekuTrash's Avatar Human Directional
    Content Emeritus

I was stoked to see that I only had to work four hours on Sunday and would only miss the first hour or so but most everyone's schedule was changed! Now I have to work during the whole game.

The game will be on the t.v.'s on the floor and break room plus everyone's attention will be focused on the game and not work, so it's not all bad.

Scipio Afracanis's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Sorry to hear that Deku, that sucks.

I am no fan of the Pats but I do admire the way they played this year, gritty and tough, bend but don't break, grinding out victories. Like the Pats of olden year. Still think that Manning and company will win but the Pats brand of ball would concern me if I was a Denver fan.
    2010 ,2012,2014 World Series Champions: San Francisco Giants
    1962, 1989, 2002

jukeness's Avatar Domesticus

I'm going with the Pats and 49ers this week.

I should have posted super bowl predictions because I had 49ers and Patriots in it.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Soothsayer View Post
    I know. I can't see how the Broncos could lose though with the weather being perfect and Manning playing perfect. I admittedly will say I'm scared of the Patriots.
    Same. I love my Broncos to win but the Pats made it this far with nobodies.... scary.

Indefinitely Banned

Touchdown Denver!

Axis Sunsoar's Avatar Domesticus

I'm from Washington, so I'm hoping for the Hawks to go through, but I have a feeling the 49ers might win there. I'm hoping for a Denver win vs. the pats, because their my second favorite team

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Axis Sunsoar View Post
    I'm from Washington, so I'm hoping for the Hawks to go through, but I have a feeling the 49ers might win there. I'm hoping for a Denver win vs. the pats, because their my second favorite team

Indeed!

COME ON DENVER, 16 MINUTES GAME TIME LEFT. HOLD OUT O LINE! HOLD ON D LINE!!!!!

Game, wish the patriots would played like this when they played the colts...

Indefinitely Banned

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
    BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I have mentioned over the last few years the Pats are and have been overrated by fans/media. They are a good team in a weak division that plays pretty soft come playoff time. The QB and Coach combo that keeps flashing all there wins every game will not win a SB again, they choked there best chance away during the 18-0 run and its funny to see people pick them again and again as they become a mediocre football team when it counts in the playoffs. Brady has fallen off big time in the last few years yet no one brings that up because he is the Golden Boy, but some of those overthrows today, got to be blind not to see his decline now. Bill B. got exposed again just like last year but he to will get a pass, will be riot when they are 10-2 and people are picking them for the SB next year.........

Congrats to Denver for beating NE down.

San Fran shut cocky Pete Carrol and company up and lets call it a day.
    1962, 1989, 2002

jukeness's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Scipio Afracanis View Post
    As I have mentioned over the last few years the Pats are and have been overrated by fans/media. They are a good team in a weak division that plays pretty soft come playoff time. The QB and Coach combo that keeps flashing all there wins every game will not win a SB again, they choked there best chance away during the 18-0 run and its funny to see people pick them again and again as they become a mediocre football team when it counts in the playoffs. Brady has fallen off big time in the last few years yet no one brings that up because he is the Golden Boy, but some of those overthrows today, got to be blind not to see his decline now. Bill B. got exposed again just like last year but he to will get a pass, will be riot when they are 10-2 and people are picking them for the SB next year.........

Congrats to Denver for beating NE down.

San Fran shut cocky Pete Carrol and company up and lets call it a day.
    All they needed was one more win and they were in the super bowl. I picked them to go to the Superbowl and they fell 1 game short, that's not overrating them. I guarantee they will be right back in this game at this point next year.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ♔The Black Knight♔ View Post
    Game, wish the patriots would played like this when they played the colts...
    Yeah, stuff happens.

Yeah, I don't know who is easier for Denver to face, Seattle or SF. They're both scary.

xcorps's Avatar Praefectus

The NFC game is much better. Pats played poorly, not much emotional commitment.
    "Every idea is an incitement. It offers itself for belief and if believed it is acted on unless some other belief outweighs it or some failure of energy stifles the movement at its birth. The only difference between the expression of an opinion and an incitement in the narrower sense is the speaker's enthusiasm for the result. Eloquence may set fire to reason." -Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by jukeness View Post
    All they needed was one more win and they were in the super bowl. I picked them to go to the Superbowl and they fell 1 game short, that's not overrating them. I guarantee they will be right back in this game at this point next year.
    All they needed for the last couple of years is 1 more win.................

For the last 10 years all they needed is one more win......

Fine they will be back and then what? Lose again because their best years are way behind them? Everyone needs to wake up and realize they are not a great team and having a soft defense and a great regular season offense doesn't get it done it crunch time. To me they are Andy Reid and the Eagles 2.0, always around but choke over and over again.

In a weak division you can make the playoffs and get a high seed every year. Geno Smith, EJ, Tannehill? Give me a ing break.
    1962, 1989, 2002

xcorps's Avatar Praefectus

Man, I have to revise my opinion. I don't see Denver beating either of these two teams. SF pass rush is unholy, Seattle looks so crisp.
    "Every idea is an incitement. It offers itself for belief and if believed it is acted on unless some other belief outweighs it or some failure of energy stifles the movement at its birth. The only difference between the expression of an opinion and an incitement in the narrower sense is the speaker's enthusiasm for the result. Eloquence may set fire to reason." -Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.

The NFC has been stronger all year and whatever team comes out will be favored in a windy cold SB. Just there style.

Denver and Manning will have to play a hell of a game to win that one and if they do they will have definitely earned it.
    1962, 1989, 2002