Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 91.67%
  • No

0 0%
  • Abstain

1 8.33%

Thread: [PASSED 03/03/14][Citizen] SoulGamesInc (Patron: Mhaedros)

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default [PASSED 03/03/14][Citizen] SoulGamesInc (Patron: Mhaedros)

Patron's Part Greetings fellow Councillors!

You all know me, and I would like to bring to you SoulGamesInc, a hard working member whom I deem ready for citizenship. He is a frequent visitor and poster of the Westeros TW forums, where I first met him and I say he would be a worthy addition to the Curia.

He is part of the soul that keeps the Westeros forums, and hopefully the Curia, alive and growing. Sub-modders for Westeros are vital for continued popularity and interest in the mod, due to it being unfinished, and Soul is one of the great people who put their time on it, not only through modding, but through videos. His youtube channel is a portal for people new to modding to find mods such as Westeros, and get involved in modding, and there should definitely be more people like him in the Curia.

Cheers, Mhaedros.

Applicant's Part Hello everyone,

I joined TWC back in May of 2012 and became active around the time i came across Westeros: Total War. I guess you could say it's the reason i stuck around...
    At that point i began uploading footage of the mod to my Youtube channel that steadily grew in popularity and has continued to bring more and more people to TWC & the Westeros project over the last year or two. I've come to call my channel the Unofficial Hub of Westeros: Total War due to it being the biggest place on Youtube for footage of the mod. I've brought a lot of publicity to it thus far and will continue to do so as my channel grows larger.

I started Hotseating about a year ago and soon began recording footage of my Hotseats for my viewers to see, this has resulted in a growing number of new players trying out Westeros Hotseats (and other mods/hs) for themselves. I've taken up being Admin in a few games, with 2-3 fans trying their hand at being Admins. I also recently joined GS around January 24 or 25, just under a month since Aldor left us. I have a fair deal of modding experience and am currently working on my own sub-mod called War of Conquest, based on Dux's King of Rivers and Hills project. I have done guides to basic modding on my channel that have lured others to try their hand at modding themselves.

Links! (War of Conquest & just a few examples of videos that have attracted traffic to TWC)

My work on War of Conquest is quite unfinished as i'm normally a one man team. I'd love to show a few pictures of the work but the majority of it thus far has just been a large amount of coding as i've yet to tackle unit skinning or mapping etc, at least not to a level that i'd want to show off until i learn more than i already have. I have many plans for WoC and it's been a great way to teach myself more and more about modding. I also did some very minor coding on WTW under the orders of Inarus. (It was glorified grunt work however and i couldn't find the time to help out more)

Overall i do hope this information is enough for those of you that don't already know me to see my contributions to TWC. + I'm a nice guy, that's got a be a great bonus!

Thanks
    ~ SoulGamesInc
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Default Re: [Citizen] SoulGamesInc (Patron: Mhaedros)

SoulGamesInc conquers all....

Oh Hell yes!!!!.........................

Post Scriptum: He's even made video series for Divide & Conquer so yeah...Definitely...
    Last edited by Mega Tortas de Bodemloze; February 20, 2014 at 07:43 AM. Reason: me added stuff
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Hell yes sums it up indeed mega!

So far I am leaning towards a strong yes, there is an enormous amount of content here about the twc mod, and Total War in general along with several informative modding guides via video. I'll have to get some watching in, but this looks pretty easy.

Inarus's Avatar In Laziness We Trust

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaedros View Post
    Applicant's Part I also did some very minor coding on WTW under the orders of Inarus. (It was glorified grunt work however and i couldn't find the time to help out more)
    Understatement of the Year. Okay I'm exaggerating, but Soul helped develop the concepts behind the recruitment and economy systems of W:TW and coupled with the glorified grunt work he worked on, he helped set the mod back on track. This coupled with the vital role he has played in keeping the whole Westeros forum alive with videos and modding content make this a rather easy decision.

Finlander's Avatar ★Absolutely Fin-bulous★
    Content Emeritus

I take Inarus' statement in high regard, helping out the mod is a huge plus alongside with the work done in the WTW hotseat games. I would take that the biggest and perhaps the most important contribution on this application are the Lets Plays and other WTW related videos on YouTube, which, with that amount of followers, is clear that he has done a huge promotional work for the Westeros Total War and lured more players to WTW and traffic to TWC. That's absolutely wonderful.

Good attitude and lots of talent - will make a good addition to citizenship.

• Son of MasterBigAb; • Father of St. PolycarpeKahvipannuRadboudMhaedrosGeMiNi][SaNDy
    FlinnUndyingNephalimKAM 2150
    Charerg

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

I am been busy today and saw this several hours ago. At first sign, an application look fine. Background and history look very interesting. Lets see how far his wings can carry you.

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

Looking awesome.

Are all his videos posted on TWC? Sadly I cannot seem to access past page 10 of his comment history.
    Last edited by 'Gunny; February 21, 2014 at 05:29 PM.

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

I picked some comments about his mod:

Quote Originally Posted by jedimannan111 View Post
    this is probably the worst mod i have ever played in my life. please tell me how i can revert back to kings and rivers without have to download again
    Quote Originally Posted by Stannis the Mannis View Post
    I thought he had just forgot to add jokes at the end of his message....
    U will see it is a version 0.1 beta? No? Ok. How about the project is being main on top of his YouTube vids and his reallife?
    How can you actually post that? I would never dream of disrespecting anyone who has given up their spare time to give us something new, for free!

PS, I am not being bias, even if I got in to the team (Yay!)
    I see this mod is in 0.2 beta and what I saw in subforum, people say that they have problem with crash in this mod. Guides and preview look very nice and cool to watch.

The problem Noif is that this is the grand old days of Medieval 2. There is no Steam Subscribe button and no matter how clearly you lay out the instructions to people, there will always be one or two who can't install it, most likely because they can't-into-rar-files. - Source: Has his own Submod.

Compare with Jedimannan's other comments. Also note all the positive comments.

Beta just means it's not finished but is released and is still being worked on to build it up.

EDIT: Oooo, discussion in CdeC, it must be Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Inarus View Post
    The problem Noif is that this is the grand old days of Medieval 2. There is no Steam Subscribe button and no matter how clearly you lay out the instructions to people, there will always be one or two who can't install it, most likely because they can't-into-rar-files. - Source: Has his own Submod.

Compare with Jedimannan's other comments. Also note all the positive comments.

Beta just means it's not finished but is released and is still being worked on to build it up.

EDIT: Oooo, discussion in CdeC, it must be Christmas.
    Well said. I was actually going to say something about it being a beta as well.

Leonidas The Lion's Avatar Until we win! Or die.
    Content Emeritus

Varied contributions with depth, its most likely a yes from me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Check out my YouTube Channel here
    Under The Patronage Of jimkatalanos
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Looking good so far!

- Here's a link to a hotseat campaign he both administers and participates in. He's in a rather large number of hotseat campaigns. Are hotseat campaigns contributions to the site? Certainly they are a welcome compliment to larger additions, which is the case with SoulGamesInc.
    - Nice, thorough installation and modding guides. Simple enough even for me to understand (I once modded towns in Corsica and Scotland into Rome: Total War. #Ihavenoideawhatimdoing).
    - Consistent updates to his channel over a rather extensive period of time.
    - A question can be raised as to whether or not Youtube videos are considered "contributions" to the site. However, links back to TWC are provided both on his main page and in the video descriptions. The vast majority of his videos feature mods hosted by TWC as well.
    - SoulGamesInc's mod reviews are more similar to overviews than reviews, but still provide a lot of information. Sometimes a rundown of a game/mod's content is what you really need when making a decision.
    - His addition to Gaming Staff, while a strong addition to staff, has most likely not produced many significant results so far. This isn't a knock against him, just a consequence of timing. I am going to guess that he was brought on due to his hotseat expertise, but I will inquire further nonetheless.

Despite my general apathy to all things Westeros/Game of Thrones, the content SoulGamesInc has provided for TWC is extensive. A solid yes.

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Third Age: Divide and Conquer - Dwarves of Khazad-dûm #1

Screenshots & descriptions are nice but Let's Play videos really put you in the middle of the action and give you a feel for the featured modification. His blood, sweat, & toil here, gives priceless P.R.{public relations} for the whole Divide & Conquer team.

I don't know lick-stupid about Westeros/Game of Thrones stuff, but I do know what his efforts are doing for Divide & Conquer.

Voted: Hell Yes....!!!...
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

I will give this one a yes. Just great work all around. I hope to see a lot more let's plays in the future!

Finlander's Avatar ★Absolutely Fin-bulous★
    Content Emeritus

I have nothing to add really, definitely a yes from me.

• Son of MasterBigAb; • Father of St. PolycarpeKahvipannuRadboudMhaedrosGeMiNi][SaNDy
    FlinnUndyingNephalimKAM 2150
    Charerg

Helpful, Hardworking (if he put the same time that he puts into his videos into modding we'd have quite the application! ), and he even released this whilst the application was ongoing. Yes, baaah, yes!
    Last edited by Inarus; February 26, 2014 at 10:56 AM.

Curia has embraced a worthy Citizen amongst our ranks. Welcome brother SoulGamesInc.

Curial messenger has been dispatched!
    Application made public as per request.
    Last edited by Ishan; March 03, 2014 at 06:02 AM.