Page 49 of 65 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950515253545556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great War 5.1 | Bug reports, crashes & solutions.

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: The Great War 5.1 | Bug reports, crashes & solutions.

1. Accepting payment for mods and mod support is illegal.
    2. I wish I could help you for free. I have no such issues, what faction does the game crash on? Or does it change?

ah ha, I was only offering to pay for support for my consumer electronics woes. Sorta how geek squad makes their money. who said anything about modding?

Anyway,

British, French, Serbian, German and Russian campaigns crashes on AI turn eventually every time. Between 5 to 50 turns.

I believe after about 60 turns, the Netherlands has been the only one that has yet to crash. My fingers are crossed. Any ideas? I really want that British campaign
    Lemonaids is:
    a troll
    a noob
    and insult extraordinaire

I'm playing as Belgium, it' late April of 1916 and I've been doing extremely well.

Serbia and Romania both got defeated and The Netherlands and Portugal joined Germany, I invaded The Netherlands and as I was sieging their city, they begged for peace and gave me a good few technologies for it.

But anyway, I'm trying to hold off at The River Maas(?) at Liege, where historically Belgium held off Germany, as they have a massive army coming.. It's my only shot, with three conscript squads, three machinegunbunkers and one light mortar, I hold a stand at the river, but the game CONSTANTLY crashed as soon as the germans get in range with their infantry (their cavalry is shot to bits) .. Any clue? I can't try to pull back as this is the only place I will be able to hold them off at.

The light mortar shoots before the crash, so I don't think that's it.. The machineguns & Conscripts kill the cavalry, so those can't be it either I think, maybe German forces reinforcing in the map, but how could I possibly change that or know which they are?
    Could always use some views, so dunno if I can advertise or not. *Shrug*
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Kennyboy0077 I do Let's Plays mostly at current, could use some views. ^^'

Are there any tanks? Also, try a custom battle with MG bunkers. I have issues where MG bunkers crash shortly after starting to fire and tanks crash as soon as they get in range. I had to remove their entries from the building units permission table so no one could recruit them, because every single battle with them crashed. However, that still probably won't fix your save game unless you learn a lot of ESF editing and manually remove all the bunkers, and even then there's no guarantee.

Well, regardless, without MGs my savegame is lost, as the Germans will have a path to Brussels, I forgot to add.. Britain hasn't done anything the entire game. *laughs* I have the savegame & could upload it if y'like, but.. Yeah. I really hope it isn't the MGs, that'd suck! And I don't think there is any tanks.
    Could always use some views, so dunno if I can advertise or not. *Shrug*
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Kennyboy0077 I do Let's Plays mostly at current, could use some views. ^^'

I don't know then. Nobody but me seems to have had an issue, but it's definitely the tanks and MGs that cause my crashes. Can you try to run a battle with MG bunkers to verify that this is the issue? I can upload my DB file if it is so you don't have to modify the file yourself (though I'd like the team's permission before uploading what is in effect a micro-submod).

hmm made it to 1916 as Britain just waiting for the crash. farthest I have ever gone. I'm baffled. MG bunkers are just fine on my end, Aggy. (besides them slightly moving around every once in a while ). With mods of this size, its so hard to pin point what could be causing any given issue. re-install and close your eyes, I guess.
    Lemonaids is:
    a troll
    a noob
    and insult extraordinaire

Haven't a clue then. There seem to be a lot of things that can go wrong in this, which is no fault of the team's, but it's huge.

hi ! someone please can upload 2 file patch6.pack and patch7.pack for me ! i missing that files and can play game correctly

My game CTD after a cannon shot in every battle.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinmart View Post
    hi ! someone please can upload 2 file patch6.pack and patch7.pack for me ! i missing that files and can play game correctly
    How about you purchase a legal copy first? Then we can help you. Steam updates automatically, unless you stole the game there is no reason you shouldn't have these files.

I was fighting on the battle map and when I sent my men to attack the machine bunker, my game crashed.

Is it normal that my game crash sometime after battles ? ;(

Edit, damn it's too much for me - this mod is AWSOME but i can't handle those freaking crush at the end of battles !!! (when i'm winning game CTD !)
    Last edited by Klierowski; March 31, 2014 at 05:13 PM.
    All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan uvvas.

olipro's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Frank9Diesel View Post
    I was fighting on the battle map and when I sent my men to attack the machine bunker, my game crashed.
    Same issue for me. 4 tries and always CTD when my men or my artillery try to attack a bunker.
    I think that the game crashes exactly when the bunker is supposed to be destroyed.
    Last edited by olipro; April 02, 2014 at 04:55 AM.
    Mont-joye Saint-Denis !
    Puisse mon épée éviscérer l'envahisseur étranger.

In my battle german troops did destroy bunker with no problems and no ctd did occur .

Quote Originally Posted by Klierowski View Post
    In my battle german troops did destroy bunker with no problems and no ctd did occur .
    May I ask what did you us to destroy the bunker? I tried to click on the bunker using men. when it crashed.

I used the alternative install method and installed 5.0 and 5.1.4, but the main menu still says 5.0. Has the version info not been updated or did I make a mistake?

They just did shoot at it from a little distance... Direct artylery strikes didn't destroy the bunker :O.

All works fine with TGW 5.1.4 But my Tanks are are Melee Men. With the TGW5 pack file from Version 5.1.2 i can in Campaign Tanks play as Tank, not as Cavaleri.
    Nobody know how can i fix this in 5.1.4 Files ?

Default Re: The Great War 5.0 | Bug reports, crashes & solutions.

Game crashes at a certain point every time around turn 95. Any ideas?? Its pretty annoying, had a great campaign going. Can this be fixed? I re-installed the files and the launcher works fine, but the game always crashes at a certain point. Help!