Thread: startpos.esf will not generate

Stuie's Avatar Laudir Agus Mir

Default startpos.esf will not generate

Is anyone able to generate a new startpos.esf with the current assembly kit? I get an error in BOB when it tries to launch the game to generate it.

Default Re: startpos.esf will not generate

Works for me, still getting a issue?

might be this problem:

Known Issue [as of 16/01/2014]:
    If the user launches the Assembly Kit through the Tools section of Steam it will generate a file called steam_appid.txt in; C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Total War Rome II\assembly_kit\binaries
    If the user then attempts to process a campaign start_pos through BOB it will NOT generate the start_pos.esf file because Rome2 will crash before it is able to start the process.
    There is a work around – if the user manually deletes the file steam_appid.txt from the above directory it will work correctly, however if they launch via the Tools menu in Steam the file will be re-generated. This will not harm or affect the users game in any way.
    source: wiki.totalwar.com/w/Rome_2_Assembly_kit

Stuie's Avatar Laudir Agus Mir

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyG1823 View Post
    Works for me, still getting a issue?
    Deleted everything, reinstalled to the same drive TWR2 is on, and now it works. Maybe it didn't like not being on the same drive? Although I swore I had it working previously. Whatever - all good now. Thanks for responding.