Thread: Goodbye Gamespy!

#TheTBNR™'s Avatar Libertus

Icon1 Goodbye Gamespy!

Gamespy is shutting down on May 31 this year, and this means we are no longer be able to play Rome Total War, Medieval 2 Total War or any multiplayer game with Gamespy's legacy servers. Now this would not be a huge problem if Rome 2 have decent bug free multiplayer. OH WAIT.
    This is a thread about bugs introduced with the new HaTG DLC, especially the multiplayer part.
    Now all we can hope is SEGA and CA port the multiplayer of those elder games to Steam servers or some independent ones.

Meanwhile is the HaTG worth buying for $20 on Steam or should I wait for some discounts? Campaign seems nice enough.
    alve! vir magnae virtutis sum. te perficere possum sed amo, quod mihi melior res facendus est. LOL

Tiro

Default Re: Goodbye Gamespy!

Hell no it's not worth 20$, your literally playing a zoomed in campaign with one or two new units and a new general with the name hannibal that's it I wish I could return it. Good thing ELder scrolls online came out so I can play a decent game on my pc

Aeneas Veneratio's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Bearnation54 View Post
    Hell no it's not worth 20$, your literally playing a zoomed in campaign with one or two new units and a new general with the name hannibal that's it I wish I could return it. Good thing ELder scrolls online came out so I can play a decent game on my pc
    So, you don't want to pay 20 dollars for a (decent) mini campaign, but you want to pay monthly for access to a game? I'm not against MMOs, hell I play them myself, but your display of reasoning is lacking.
    R2TW stance: Ceterum autem censeo res publica delendam esse

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

This got nothing to do with Rome II.

Closed.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook