25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

23 92.00%
  • No

1 4.00%
  • Abstain

1 4.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [PASSED][Citizen] PikeStance (Patron: Omnipotent-Q)

Omnipotent-Q's Avatar All Powerful Q
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Default [PASSED][Citizen] PikeStance (Patron: Omnipotent-Q)

Omnipotent-Q's Para!Hello friends,

It is a great privilege to once again be patronizing some of our great members for citizenship. I have a 100% success rate at it since 2005 after all and as previously, I bring you a dert cert, stonewall obvious yes candidate for it. In fact I think I beat 10 gazillion people to the sponsorship on this one ().

PikeStance is someone a number of you will be familiar with. He has become more acquainted and knowledgeable when it comes to the Curia itself by often getting involved in the Curial Commentary thread in the Q&S. Obviously there are plenty who would like to be a citizen, but showing great interest the Curia as an institution, a system, isn’t oft found in the forum and it’s something we should definitely be encouraging. We should definitely look to include people who could add another opinion or a different take on the changes and future path we all walk down as citizens of the Curia.

PikeStance has a great interest in the Curia, but it’s his posting and contributions elsewhere on the forum that really compliments that and impresses me most. Imperial Splendour is an Empire Total War mod many of you will have played or heard of. Okmin a former Curator and esteemed holder of a Curatorial Service Medal co-created it with the equally esteemed former CdeC-er ForteS. Pike has been heavily involved with IS since 2012 by first bringing his vast experience of history from his background as a teacher in US and World History. Here's one of many examples, and wangrin's kind letter of recommendation later in this application highlights this as well.

He hasn’t limited providing his historical knowledge in his modding team though. From the unpronounceable Vestigia Vegetables Vetustatis, too the Political Academy, too the Ethos, Mores et Monastica, PikeStance is a very active member contributing posts often. Check out the link too all his posts from his profile and you'll soon see that after checking out a selection.

Shooting back to the present from 2012, PikeStance has become an ever more important contributor to the Imperial Splendour modding project. From being new to the Total War modding scene as a historian it’s obvious PikeStance has had a thirst to learn new things. Today he is the Project Manager for Imperial Splendour while additionally adding input as a DB editor and with battle AI improvements. One such example is his recent sub-mod release "Pike’s Tactical Commander" for Imperial Splendour with the future aim of incorporating it into the IS mod itself after testing. He has also worked with the legendary JaM too change the battle mechanics such as weapons and artillery statistics too create a more historically accurate experience. An important part of the aims and ambitions of the IS mod. He holds a key role and position in this big Total War mod now as a result of his hard work and enthusiasm in learning new skills and making a real difference. Perhaps if we bring him into our citizenship fold, he'll learn more about what the Curial system is about and perhaps make a real difference together with us too?

But now let’s not forget about PikeStance’s involvement in the Political Mudpit. He can frequently be found giving an insight and an opinion in the Mudpit when he's not modding. Here's a recent example of him getting a fresh discussion going in the Mudpit on Chinese advocates for a super currency.

PikeStance has also got involved in the various graphics competitions on TWC - including Picture of the Week and Unedited Picture of the Week. PikeStance has a live action gallery of some of the neat edits he has been doing too Total War screenshots and the like, of which you can look at here.

Lastly Pike has assisted in the Scriptorium as a member of Content Staff in the past, where he was a very industrious and valuable member of the team. I wish he was with us longer in content, but Pike heard the beat of the modding drum calling him too battle so he had too leave us. Nonetheless his efforts were recognised with a cheeky content quill.

In summing up, Pike started on TWC with little modding knowledge or expertise. In the couple of years he has been here, he has really made an effort to learn new modding skills and expand his horizons by getting involved in the Mudpit, Curial and Tribunal commentaries, Content, graphics competitions, the vault, and the list goes on. If we make him a citizen and he uses his ever increasing knowledge and expertise of the Curia - much like he has done with modding, he could be a very valuable citizen. There is no doubt he deserves citizenship too.

Imperial Splendour - Rise of the Republic is an IS mod Pike has had a big involvement in - check out the preview video for it below!

Letters of Recommendation:
    A number of citizens were very kind enough too provide some letter of recommendations in support of this application. Including the legendary chief of Imperial Splendour Mr wangrin. Here are those recommendations in alphabetical order!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamat
    At the time of Pike's previous application, I was a member of CdeC. As such, I was convinced that at that point he was not ready, or rather, we were not ready to admit him into our ranks. We were concerned over problems of attitude and wanted to see if it was only a minor slip-up or if it was a chronic problem. Now, however, after several months, I can say that Pike is ready to be a citizen. Judging from his various commentaries, I think he would make a fine addition to the citizenry. In fact, I offered to patronize him myself had Omni not beat me to it. In conclusion: give him the red cloak!
    Quote Originally Posted by imb39
    when I spoke to him I was more impressed with his aptitude and his willingness to construct an argument. I suspect it'll be like Pann. That was not easy to get through the CDC. People are too obsessed with presentation and sheer amount of content rather than the quality of what's being said. You can quote me on that, if you want!
    Of course a God from the land of Colchester will be quoted!

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Tortas de Bodemloze

Here....I got a pike for ya jimmy!!!!

Well.... to say it plain, Pikestance has done his fair share for this community and now it's time to pay him his due.

I would have been honored to be his Patron, but for some reason he decided to throw his throw lot in with the likes of Q.

{Unbelievable!!!}....

Finding signs of his investiture here is not hard...

* IMPERIAL SPLENDOUR: Developer, Local Mod, Forumate.

* Concerned with bettering the community.

Possible Solution to Citizen Referrals

... And then they were 12

[Idea] Additional Info Members Profiles

*Vault Staff Member

* Tribunal Commentary & Q&A fixture.

* D&D fixture

* And so on and so forth{bla bla bla}. Well....I'm not gonna all the researching for you...

Anyhow I'll see you guys review thread, especially if you'all give this guy any gruff.

Quote Originally Posted by wangrin
    PikeStance is a very active member of this TWC community.

The first time I met him, it was about historical debate. He proved to be a very good historian, always doing a very serious work, searching for reliable sources.
    His love for history lead him to create the TW: Historical Research Society and then, the Archivum.
    The first social group was intended to collect resources (both print and online) and provide a repository to help modders in their researches.
    The second social group was intended to be the Archives or Historical Repository.
    This was a very interesting idea and a great compilation work.

PikeStance regularly contributed, and still contribute, to historical debate in Imperial Splendour sub-forum.
    Then, he decide to be more deeply involved in the mod. First by working with JaM on the Battle Mechanic System.
    The idea is to rework stats, from unit and weapons to _kv_rules to try to create more historically accurate behaviour during battle.
    After many researches for documents about 18th century warfare and weapons characteristics, the result is a submod for I.S that had been recently released : Battle AI Tactical Enhancement {{BETA Version}}
    The goal is now to add this system to Imperial Splendour mod itself.

PikeStance recently took more responsibilities with I.S development, becoming our project manager. He now has a key role, having to check for development progress, create documents (deliverables) defining the roadmap and tasks (unit rosters, building chains, technology trees, etc.) and keep team cohesion.

In closing, I would say that PikeStance proved to be a reliable fellow, who deeply involve in the TWC life (he has been Librarian) and modding.
    A very good recruit as Citizen and Artifex.

Wangrin

Related Links and information:

PikeStance's Paragraph
    Hello,

For those of you who do not know me, I am PikeStance. I have been a member of this forum since May 2011, however, I was not active until September of 2012. I initially came to the board because I had noticed a number of historical inaccuracy and oddities of game play and I was curious what people had to say about it.

I have been a member of a number of different forum covering a wide variety of topics. Out of all of the forums I have been a part of there are only three forums I really enjoyed the discussion on; Bog Soccer Forum, Saintsreport and, of course, TWC. It goes without saying that this community has a lot to offer from mods, a brilliant content staff, engaging political and historical discussions, to a first rate admin staff. It is not at all surprising that I went from lurking to fully participating in the TWC community.

As Ominipotent- Q so brilliant illustrated, my diverse contribution is a reflection of my diverse interest. . Over the past few years I have not only expanded my interest but explored its depths as well. I started off discussing mostly game play strategy. Later, I explored ways in which the game can be more historically accurate. I was content for a while. Overtime, I wanted to do more. I looked into various ways I can contribute on a larger scale. This is when I approached Hader about being a Librarian and asked questions about citizenship. Working as a librarian was an eye- opening experience. This is when I saw the richness of the site. It was also during this time I grew an interest in Imperial Splendour. I had several conversations with wangrin (a 3D modeler). It wasn’t long before I was asked to join the team officially. Through a discussion about battle mechanics, I switched from historically accurate units to mechanics. Thus my submod (soon to be incorporated into the mod itself) was born. I have plans to expand it to vanilla and to continue to produce submods to enhance the IS enthusiasts enjoyment of the game. Along the way, I have encountered many great modders; Kaunitz, Didz, JaM, Bloody Bill, The Hedge Knight, and many more. There is nothing I can create that I cannot credit their dedication and hard work. I only hope that I can be there equal. I am truly humbled.

In my pursuit for historical accuracy I have created a historical society in the hopes of unifying all fellow historical researchers on the site. As an aspect of this group I am in the process of creating a universal repository for all sources to better aid modders and AAR writers to produce betters mods and better creative writings respectively. It will be an endless task that is only 10% close to being comprehensive enough to being useful at the moment, but, again, I can hope one day it will reach its ultimate goal.

Lastly, I have decided to jump into the world of screenshot art. I believe my students should push their limits and to that end, I model this behavior. I started a PikeStance Live Action Gallery. As I test my variables, I take a little time and take photos as the action is taking place. Imperial Splendour, as the name suggest, is the perfect platform to capturing the essence of Empire. I intend to share this essence and this beautiful mod with the TWC community at large.

When you are asked, why you want to be a citizenship, I think the answer is obvious. We all want to be recognized has a valuable continuing member to the community. I believe in the past few years I have been a valuable contributing member of the TWC community and I would consider it a great honor to be recognized by the community as such. Moreover, I have no plans to stop being a valuable member of this community. I will continue to contribute in the hopes of enhancing the experience of both old and new members alike. I cannot think of a better community of people that I will be more proud of than this community’s recognition of my contribution by granting me citizenship. It will be a badge I will wear with honor, distinction, and with humility.

I thank you for your time,

With Kindest regards,
    PikeStance

Under the patronage of the Legendary Urbanis Legio - Mr Necrobrit of the Great House of Wild Bill Kelso. Honoured to have sponsored these great warriors for Citizenship - Joffrey Baratheon, General Brittanicus, SonOfOdin, Hobbes., Lionheartx10, Mangerman, Gen. Chris and PikeStance.

Default Re: Citizen: PikeStance / Patron: Omnipotent-Q

Interesting. Wangrin support is very relevant for me. Getting in charge of those areas of development of a mod such as IS is a brave action, this one by it self deserves my support. I have read some of his historical contributions, very interesting ones related to Prussia and Austria in the early XIX century.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; April 15, 2014 at 09:57 AM.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

No doubt his contribution to TWC has been and will be great.
    Yes.

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Absolutely not since he went with Q as his patron instead of me!!

In all seriousness definite support.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

No. He shows a serious lack of childish tantrums. He does not resort to PM insults, does not throw his toys out, kick the pram over and then wail because all his toys are broken. He is helpful, insightful, coherent, well-argued and makes his points clearly and fairly. Prepared to argue his corner without resorting to petty name-calling and frankly shows signs of being an outstanding citizen thus showing up other citizens who are not. Absolutely not.

Wait, is that Megas on his way to "persuade" me....

seems I have changed my mind

... on pain of - oh and because he is completely deserving of citizenship, it's really a yes from me.
    Last edited by Ybbon; April 15, 2014 at 09:53 AM. Reason: poor grammar. sigh

I was another one of those who offered to patronize this guy, pretty much knowing that Omni or perhaps Mega had already patronized him, but figuring something seriously wrong had happened if they hadn't applied yet. Instead it looks like it was just a case of biding time so as to make one of those killer apps that have us falling over each other to shower unreserved praise around. Well, I'll bite - PikeStance is an excellent member of the community whose contributions and attitude are commendable, and he doesn't just do it for show either: in private I consulted him about ESL teaching and he took the time to provide detailed, comprehensive and insightful responses, which I was very grateful for.

I would have supported his passing the first time, but what I've seen of him since as well as what is included here just makes it impossible to say no.

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

I have voted yes on him in his attempt in January 2013. I will vote yes on him without hesitation now

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

PikeStance has struck me as worthy of citizenship from the day he was first hired to the Script. Though I am mad I couldn't patronize him myself since it's practically a tradition I patronize all the librarians I can

Anyone who votes no will immediately be put on trial by the Inquisition for heresy. And will be found guilty. Surely I don't need to remind you of the punishment for heresy...

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

I don't even need to read his application to know that he deserves it. I have watched him since he first discussed wanting to be a citizen and how to go about it. My attitude towards him at the time was sincere in that I believed he should wait until he has contributed enough. He has done that and more. I will be voting yes.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Derpy practically took the words out of my mouth. YES.
    Last edited by Sir Adrian; April 15, 2014 at 02:23 PM.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Dante Von Hespburg's Avatar Sloth's Inferno
    took an arrow to the knee

I genuinely thought he was already a citizen/retired citizen! If this is not the case as it seems, it needs to be corrected right now! Heck yes.
    House of Caesars: Under the Patronage of Char Aznable

Proud Patron of the roguishly suave Gatsby

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

I tend to agree with the comments here, He seems to have contributed quite well and his eagerness for citizen really shows with the regular and consistent appearance in the capital.

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved

Pike clearly is very passionate about TWC and it's obvious through his involvement across many different areas, particularly his posting in the Q&S and Commentary forums where he is ever striving to make this place even better.

It's clear his heart beats for TWC.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Should be made automatic citizen. No need for votes. Make him one already !

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Pĺsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

I can't for the life of me find your first thread in the Q&S, which game me a bit of a chuckle in its time from its sheer boldness.

But in any case I was going to use it as an example to illustrate how long you've come since. Not many starts their TWC career with brazen requests for Citizenship patronization, but clearly in retrospect it had more than sheer ambition behind it. Since then, you've been a constant boon to the Q&S in particular and have proven have a genuine interest in contributing to the site, and in particular towards the CVRIA section, as the comments on this application proves.

I believe Pikestance will be an interesting addition to the CVRIA and is just the sort of guy we need to keep the place active.

So yes. Gladly.
    Last edited by Pĺsan; April 16, 2014 at 08:42 AM.

Blog Entries

In case you meant his request, there you go: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...enship-Request

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Pĺsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Yep. That's the one.

Blog Entries

I liked his App three months later

jimkatalanos's Avatar 浪人
    Patrician

Is it true that PikeStance has a soft spot for the Mackems?
    Ερωτηθεὶς τι ποτ' αυτώ περιγέγονεν εκ φιλοσοφίας, έφη, «Το ανεπιτάκτως ποιείν ά τινες διά τον από των νόμων φόβον ποιούσιν.

Under the professional guidance of TWC's Zone expert Garbarsardar
    Patron of Noble Savage, Dimitri_Harkov, MasterOfThessus, The Fuzz, aja5191, Furin, neoptolemos, AnthoniusII, Legio, agisilaos, Romanos IV, Taiji, Leo, Jom, Jarlaxe

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The universe is change; our life is what our thoughts make it.

The soul becomes dyed with the color of its thoughts.

If you desire to be good, begin by believing that you are wicked.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.

οὕτως ἀταλαίπωρος τοῖς πολλοῖς ἡ ζήτησις τῆς ἀληθείας, καὶ ἐπὶ τὰ ἑτοῖμα μᾶλλον τρέπονται.

Questions are not necessarily there to be answered, but possibly there to inspire thinking.

Nullius addictus iurare in verba magistri, - quo me cumque rapit tempestas, deferor hospes.

If mind is common to us, then also the reason, whereby we are reasoning beings, is common. If this be so, then also the reason which enjoins what is to be done or left undone is common. If this be so, law also is common; if this be so, we are citizens; if this be so, we are partakers in one constitution; if this be so, the Universe is a kind of commonwealth.

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.

There is no chaos in the world, only complexity.
    Knowledge of the complex is wisdom.
    From wisdom of the world comes wisdom of the self.
    Mastery of the self is mastery of the world. Loss of the self is the source of suffering.
    Suffering is a choice, and we can refuse it.
    It is in our power to create the world, or destroy it.

Homo homini lupus est. Homo sacra res homini.

When deeds speak, words are nothing.

Human history is a litany of blood, shed over different ideals of rulership and afterlife

Sol lucet omnibus.

You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Ο Νούς νοεί τον εαυτόν του ως κράτιστος και η νόησή του είναι της νοήσεως νόησις.

'Nothing is true, everything is permitted.' is merely an observation of the nature of reality. To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic.

m_1512's Avatar Quomodo vales?

Blog Entries

Poll added.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast