Thread: Sprite generation problem

Default Sprite generation problem

Okay, I am one of the selected few modders for RTR, but I am really addicted to the Japanese culture, which makes me an obsessed fan to play Ran No Jidai, a ShogunTW-inspired RTW mod. I'm doing this for the sake of modding, not for favoritism of any sort.

Anyway, I'm having a problem. I'm playing RTW just last month with this HP Mini 1000 netbook and can play RTW Darth, RTW-BI Darth, EB, and NTW2 properly and somehow smooth, but RNJ really is close to me, so I decided to generate sprites for each unit per faction.

Now the problem: I can't generate sprites. I followed the right steps (from copy-pasting-renaming preferences.txt, placing the sprite_script.txt to the root directory, ran the shortcut with the command line parameter "-sprite_script", successfully made the sprites intended), and used the "RTW Sprite Generator 0.1.0.0" I downloaded from the Forum, even created a shortcut dedicated to spritemaking. I had results, but not the way I expected. The TGA files were generated from the RTW-BI.exe, they are viewable via photoshop, but ingame, I can only see white and red dust floating over the shadows. I know I made a mistake and I can't afford to make it right.

Please help me. I'm too desperate now to satisfy my Nipponese mania. These sprites will make this HP Mini create a 5,000-men massacre in Kyoto. Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Sprite generation problem

BUMP. Please help me guys. Seems that the old posts since 2006 were not helping my problem out.

Default Re: Sprite generation problem

try changing the settings in game prior to generation of sprites, 16 bit colours and anti-aliasing off seems to work for me