Thread: A summer month in Denmark

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Default A summer month in Denmark

Alright. I'm going to spend a month on the western coast of Denmark on vacation starting Saturday next week. I've been to Denmark plenty of times and just love the country. Usually, I'm there for relaxing, sports and doing nothing. So basically, I haven't done much of sight-seeing or cultural activities that go beyond paying Kopenhagen a two-day visit or the such.

This time, I'll take my new wife there for here first time and that means that I'm going to be in trouble. Or in other words, I've to skip most of the lazy lying on the Beach with some windsurfing and swimming breaks, barbecue and beer for actually doing something, I dare say it, cultural ... and ... sight seeing ... and all that.

Don't get me wrong, I'll have plenty of sports and beer still, especially footie, since WC will start the next weekend, too and I'm not planning to miss a match

But you know, during the day, I'll have to show her around. We've rent a house in Rinkobing but driving overland and staying in a hotel overnight or two wouldn't be a problem.

So, all you Denmark-knowing people, every suggestion, regardless what you can think of, is welcome!
    Last edited by Aikanár; June 05, 2014 at 02:23 PM. Reason: my curse: spelling

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Logios's Avatar Senator

Default Re: A summer month in Denmark

I posted some in a thread about 2 years ago, and things have not changed that much here.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...8Copenhagen%29

Blog Entries

Cheers Logios

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Atterdag's Avatar Tro og Hĺb

Well, you should know that Ringkřbing is far off everything

You could go North and spend some time in Thy National Park and visit the Hanstholm bunker museum, which is a very neat piece of museum architecture. Then there's Skagen's museum with some excellent examples of the work done by the Skagen Painters.
    Going across the moor I'd head straight for Aarhus which has a sound selection of museums like AroS and the new Moesgaard Museum (very beautiful, although it won't open until October). Silkeborg and Herning each has some alright modern art museums, although you really have to go to Zealand
    Granted Lettre de Marque by King Henry V - Spurs given by imb39
    Сканија је Данска

عیسی پسر مریم گفت :' جهان است پل ، عبور بیش از آن است ، اما هیچ ساخت خانه بر آن او امیدوار است که برای یک روز ، ممکن است برای ابدیت امیدواریم ، اما ماندگار جهان اما ساعت آن را صرف در دعا و نماز برای استراحت است نهان

All of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier.
    Otto von Bismarck

Blog Entries

Yes, that's why I like it there, nothing but an endless beach, good weather, great for fishing and surfing and just having fun, but indeed in the middle of nowhere ^^

Cheers for the suggestions, Atterdag!