Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: EU4- Is this game boring ?

Senator

Default Re: EU4- Is this game boring ?

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Oggie♔ View Post
    I personally think that EUIV isn't boring at all, but it probably depends on the person playing it. For instance if you're into shooter games then EUIV won't be your cup of tea.
    Just like some of these guys I think that EUIV is much deeper than Total War. But I have to admit that after playing several games of EUIV I'm getting a littlebit bored. It's more fun to play it with friends or online than against the AI.
    This is nonsense, the 2 games I have played most in my life are counter strike and EU.
    [M2TW AAR] The Spirit of the Blitz (16 turn long campaign victory with Sicily)
    [RETROFIT AAR] World War 0 (All factions hotseat)

Praeses

EU is overwhelming for a history buff. So beautiful. And they seem to have listened to the fans, with the huge improvements from EU 1 with its "Turkey" and Henry VIII as the best ruler evah, to EU 4 with Riga as a seperate republic in 1444. Sweetness.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

At least being able to pick every country you want in EU 4 compared to only the preselected countries per scenario in EU 1 already is a massive improvement

Don't like the silly monarch points though.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

No one does ;P
    Contact me on Steam: steamcommunity.com/id/IZob/ or send a PM.

I cant for the life of me figure out how somebody could think this game is boring. This is the first Paradox game I was able to climb the learning curve and ive been having a blast with it since I got it on steam sale. I seriously doubt Ill be able to go back to RTW2 after this game. Its just so much damn fun. This game is making me want to pick up crusader kings 2 again, and surmount that Mt Everest of learning curves.
    Last edited by Adamwestisgod; July 10, 2014 at 07:09 AM.
    Any Veterans of the Afghanistan/Iraq wars join my group. Im trying to get a Veterans group started on here.

I recommend to stay away from HoI and Victoria then. I found both even harder to learn than CK2.
    ''Holy hell that Scythe is overpowerd! Death should be nerfed!''

High Chunker Greens's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by IZob View Post
    No one does ;P
    It's not exactly historical but it does serve a purpose, I think. Pretty good as a gameplay balancing mechanic.

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Ynen View Post
    I recommend to stay away from HoI and Victoria then. I found both even harder to learn than CK2.
    I still haven't figured out how to use planes and ships effectively in Darkest Hour, and I have over 70 hours in it.

Town Watch's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Ciciro View Post
    I still haven't figured out how to use planes and ships effectively in Darkest Hour, and I have over 70 hours in it.
    '
    '

actually, no

Hoi2 hoi3 etc are all easier games than eu4

Then again, I started paradox games from the hoi series instead of eu series.

eu4 with some countries, it's just too boring imo...

like russia, it takes too long to do anything IMO. can't attack horde easily because your empire will collapse if you take muslim provinces under russian control

cannot even convert muslims until like 1500s... Russia was better wiht old EU3 mechanic, just kill all the hordes and colonize all provinces with fresh russians...
    Last edited by Town Watch; July 10, 2014 at 01:55 PM.
    "What do I feel when I kill my enemy?"
    -Recoil-

Quote Originally Posted by Ynen View Post
    for some reason you saying that is making me want to play them..lol
    Any Veterans of the Afghanistan/Iraq wars join my group. Im trying to get a Veterans group started on here.

G-Megas-Doux's Avatar Vicarius

I like CK2. From the comments I have read I would say that people on here have different ways of learning and thinking as so many of you find different games challenging and easy in comparison. What I do want to ask, is EUIV better then EU III with all of the expansions?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Was looking for a Morrowind sig to use as big fan of the game found this from here so crediting from source http://paha13.deviantart.com/art/Morrowind-259489058

Also credit avatar from.
    http://www.members.shaw.ca/nickyart2/Avatars/Page2.htm

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

Honestly, I still think EU3 is the better game, if only because of the lack of the stupid points system, along with quite a few arbitrary limits the devs have imposed.

That said, EU4 runs far more smoothly, has multiplayer where you don't have to rehost every 20 minutes, gets rid of a lot of previously stupid mechanisms and is above all miles more accessible. If you've never played it before, get EU4 instead.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

G-Megas-Doux's Avatar Vicarius

I have EU III HTTT

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Was looking for a Morrowind sig to use as big fan of the game found this from here so crediting from source http://paha13.deviantart.com/art/Morrowind-259489058

Also credit avatar from.
    http://www.members.shaw.ca/nickyart2/Avatars/Page2.htm

I hate to tell you all this but a collab will most likely never happen because Paradox employees regularly insult the Creative Assembly...

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Sonterp View Post
    I hate to tell you all this but a collab will most likely never happen because Paradox employees regularly insult the Creative Assembly...
    Well, Creative Assembly were the ones to start it.

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

CKII is easy to learn. Use the retinue system to raise a massive army, raise all your vassal and personal levies, imprison everyone, put down the revolters, take away all their titles, ransom or banish them for cash, and kill anyone you need to. then rampage across the map on a swathe of conquest.

I actually like EU3 better, but EU4 is pretty awesome. MEIOU and Taxes is basically a requirement at this point for me though, the Vanilla game gets boring fast.

TheBromgrev's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by G-Megas-Doux View Post
    What I do want to ask, is EUIV better then EU III with all of the expansions?
    I have both EU4 with the Wealth of Nations DLC and EU3+all expansions, and honestly I like EU4 better. For me, EU3 was a less of a game and more of a timewaster where I spent 30 RL minutes staring at the screen waiting for something to happen. I just couldn't get into it because I felt EU3 was too dull. EU4 still feels that way sometimes, like when I'm waiting for a coalition to go away, manpower to recover, or for my conquered provinces to core, but IMO there's more to do in peace time in EU4 than EU3.
    Non-TW AAR: Kantai Kessen - Empire of Japan [HOI3 with HPP mod] - last updated April 16, 2013

Holger Danske's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Petrucci View Post
    God forbid.
    Indeed, but it would be nice to see someone (with passion, not CA sellouts) try - and succeed - to bridge the gap between CA and Paradox. That would be my ideal grand strategy game.

I love the scope of EUIV and all, but I truely miss the ability to play out battles myself as I find them to be a complete lackluster. I know there are more numbers and statistics to it but generally it's just more beats less, and the seiges are beyond me. They kinda made sense in CK2 despite archer armies were OP blitzing machines.
    Last edited by Holger Danske; August 16, 2014 at 10:36 AM.

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Sonterp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciciro View Post
    Well, Creative Assembly were the ones to start it.
    How and why?

Emperor PooMan's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by tono4850 View Post
    My friend told me itīs the most boring game heīs ever played (He likes TW games, too).

So itīs not one of those games you want to play to relax after work/school, right ? Thanks
    If you know what your doing, it's very enjoyable

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123