Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: NFL Discussion Thread

jukeness's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: 2013 NFL Season Thread

He needs to be able to stay healthy like he did last year, if he's getting nagged by injuries all year, he's not going to be nearly as effective.

I'm sure he'll be a love/hate kind of guy, you'll love him one game and call him out the next. Consistency is what the good and great receivers have, so it's hard for me to think highly of Desean when he takes games off. From a statistical view, he had a pretty good past season, but he still had about 5 games where he only caught a few passes for minimal yardage.
    Last edited by jukeness; April 02, 2014 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scipio Afracanis View Post
    Saw a stat where Washington Offense only had 6 plays of 40 yards or more last year and Jackson had 8 himself. With a decent to good running game, Roberts and Garcon plus RG3 being a mobile threat this could be the player that puts them over the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by jukeness View Post
    I'm sure he'll be a love/hate kind of guy, you'll love him one game and call him out the next. Consistency is what the good and great receivers have, so it's hard for me to think highly of Desean when he takes games off. From a statistical view, he had a pretty good past season, but he still had about 5 games where he only caught a few passes for minimal yardage.
    He probably won't put up the same numbers he did with Philly last season, seeing that Washington (at least on paper) has a slightly better core of WRs/TEs, meaning the ball is going to be spread across the field and overall, fewer receptions per receiver. There was a stat somewhere that said, while Garcon had almost 30 more receptions, he eclipsed Jackson by a mere 14 yards in total yardage, which shows Jackson's great in gaining yards after the catch. It wouldn't be surprising to see Garcon with 75-85 receptions, Jackson with 60-70, Roberts with 50-55, and Reed (if he stays healthy) with 40-50. And Jackson couldn't have asked for a better HC when it comes to getting the ball, because Gruden's a pass-first type of coach. The only real X-factor in that equation is whether Jackson can keep his ego in check.

The fact that Gruden's pass-first may spell a decline in Morris' contributions, or so it would seem. With the added threat of Garcon AND Jackson, Morris may see fewer touches and fewer yards, but could see his yards per carry average go up, which could be a blessing in disguise and increase his longevity.

You know who as of right now has the easiest schedule in the NFL next year? The Colts, my god do they have it made.

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

Same as with MLB thread, you want a new stickied 2014 thread and unsticky this, or just change the title?

It may be better to just do the same as Bundesliga and La Liga threads and make it a general NFL discussion thread with no year reference.

Whichever. The activity kinda died so.

Patronized by the mighty Heinz Guderian

Might as well make it one thread.

Not even one post about how the draft went for your guys' teams? I guess I didnt either, so I'll start.

I think the Vikings had another great draft. It's funny, my two favorite guys at the 8th spot were Barr and Bridgewater, and they ended up getting both. Vikings had a giant hole at linebacker, so getting Barr filled a big need. Linebackers with his pass rushing skills and his athleticism arent very common, hopefully Mike Zimmer can shape him into an all around player. At first when they picked Barr I was kind of disappointed because we didnt pick a quarterback, but I had hope that they would trade back into the 1st round to get one. After they failed to trade with the Eagles I kind of lost hope that they would get back in and by the 32nd pick I was angry that we were going to fail to get top quarterback, but man was I happy when I saw that they had traded with the Seahawks.

Bridgewater basically made the entire draft and made the Barr pick all the better. I had Bridgewater as my favorite and top qb in the draft and the fact that they only had to give up a 4th round pick to get him is amazing to me. I really believe he'll put Minnesota back on the map. The rest of the draft was decent, Scott Crichton, David Yankey and Antone Exum were all good value. Most excited I've ever been to see this team.

Worst move of the draft to me was the Bills trading their 1st round pick next year to get Watkins. They arent in a hurry to win a super bowl so why would they jeopardize their future by making that move, that pick could easily be a top 10 pick next year.

Default Re: NFL Discussion Thread

Barr is a pure SLB, he's not gonna be good anywhere else but Zimmer has never had a good SLB so, who knows might make his defense even better.

Bills draft was meh, bunch of depth guys who might turn out to be starters and got fleeced by the Browns. That's about it. Too tired to get into depth. Might later.

Patronized by the mighty Heinz Guderian

DekuTrash's Avatar Human Directional
    Content Emeritus

Broncos covered all their needs in the draft, would've liked them to pick up some of the more notable guys that were still up on the board though. Oh, and if Clowney and Nix pan out that's going to be one hell of a defensive line for the Texans.
    Last edited by DekuTrash; May 15, 2014 at 02:06 PM.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Kapernick got the largest guaranteed money a QB has ever gotten, and he's not even that good at throwing the football. $61 million in guaranteed money on a 6 year deal worth up to $126 million.

As a Panthers fan, this worries me about how much we have to pay Cam.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Schefter said that Kaepernick actually took less money so the 49ers could try to extend other teammates, what a joke. They better win the superbowl soon or that team is most likely going downhill.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Schefter said that Kaepernick actually took less money so the 49ers could try to extend other teammates, what a joke. They better win the superbowl soon or that team is most likely going downhill.
    He took less of a signing bonus, not less money. All that did was move the guaranteed money from the first year to later years.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post
    He took less of a signing bonus, not less money. All that did was move the guaranteed money from the first year to later years.
    Well that makes sense, didnt know the details.

I WUB PUGS's Avatar OOH KILL 'EM

David Yankey and Antone Exum were all good value.
    Yankey is great value. His draft stock kept falling like almost all of the Stanford players. I'm calling this the "John Martin Effect". Total nonsense. Stanford players are rated high all year, play at incredible levels all season, over multiple seasons, play in a pro-pipeline system..............and then they fall down the boards.

As a Vikes fan you should be giggling at how many Guards were taken ahead of Yankey. Especially when you look at his body of work.

I dunno what was up with this draft. I thought it was pretty deep on the O Line. But personally, I'm laughing at Robinson going #2 overall. I think he's overrated and coming from the system he did, it won't be an immediate transition. Despite playing in the ESS EEE SEE, he didn't face a truly dominant stud DE until the National Championship game and Mario Edwards Junior absolutely obliterated him all game on passing downs. But then again, MEJ should be a Top 5 pick next year. Meh, it is the NFL though, and plenty of picks are made looking at only the perceived ceiling by the physical tools.

Was hoping to see more from Bridgewater tonight, but I think the coaches tried to limit him somewhat.

We doing Fantasy Football again this year?

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

I'm still on the fence about fantasy this year. If you guys want to start a league up, I may join.

(Also, did anyone see that filthy catch that Kelvin Benjamin made? Wow)

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

I will join if there is a league.

If you rep me leave your name and I'll rep you back!

King Nud's Avatar Praepositus

I'm in!
    Staff Writer at KingJamesGospel.com

Scipio Afracanis's Avatar Protector Domesticus

i could play, Sundays are best.

8 man auction league?

2 QB's
    2 RB
    2 WR
    2 Flex
    1 TE
    1 Kicker
    2 Def.

Reg. stats everything else, $300 to spend on those players. The reason I go with Auction is everyone should have a chance to get the top players and not have draft order dictate top picks. Auction drafts take 2 hours or less so if we do that style prepare to allocate that much time and/or buy your players early and you can log out.
    We have 5 already that say yes or probably yes. Someones brother played last year as well (Mango or the russian) if him and Mango want to play that would be 7 plus i know we could get at least 1 more. Sunday the 24th or sunday the 31st are our last two times to draft. The time on those days don't matter to me.
    2010 ,2012,2014 World Series Champions: San Francisco Giants
    1962, 1989, 2002

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

Do you want the poll resetting?

Scipio Afracanis's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Yes please.
    2010 ,2012,2014 World Series Champions: San Francisco Giants
    1962, 1989, 2002