Thread: Design a fantasy theme park!

Stívarđr Reynitré's Avatar Domesticus

Default Design a fantasy theme park!

I've had an idea, inspired by another thread.

You are challenged too design an amazing theme park around a particular...well...theme.

What would draw people in? What would make it unique? What would it offer to people? What is your selling point? What location would you choose?

You budget is pretty much inexhaustible, so let your imagination run wild!

Are you looking to design a Twin Peaks style park? Silent Hill perhaps? Wild West? Medieval? Zombies?

Stívarđr Reynitré's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Design a fantasy theme park!

I've always had the ambition to buy up a 'ghost town' in America somewhere - one of those towns out around Oregon or California that are deserted, but have a basic layout and buildings. I'd spend millions getting an infrastructure in place, building roads, parks, amenities, recruiting people for roles, setting it up as a real life town were maybe 2,000 to 3,000 people lived. I'd have it all branded to look like a real town - maps produced, diners, churches, odd and eccentric characters, businesses, hotels, etc.

You'd pay me a few hundred and I've give you a week long zombie experience of your life. The pick up point would be a bus stop. We'd take you into the town and set you off into your hotel for the night. Everything would be fine, we'd tell you to relax and enjoy the park as the 'experience' wouldn't be starting until the next day. You could maybe have a beers, some food and then off to bed.

When we said the next day though, we meant around 1am.

The first you know of the experience is that you are awoken by crashing in the streets below. A car has plowed into the diner over the street and a guy is stumbling around. A few minutes pass and the ambulance turns up, along with the police. The guy doesn't react well and lurches for the crews...the rest plays out as you'd imagine. The hotel is then awoken by staff going around. You're never sure who is an actor and who is another paying customer.

Basically, the SHTF and you spend the next week or so staying alive. The area would be huge. You could decide to hold up in a building, head to the hospital, try to make it to the local church were a secure area has been set up...you would decide.

And the real reward?

If you survive, you get 10% of the money we raised in the latest intake of customers.

Niles Crane's Avatar Dux Limitis

You stole my idea. Except my theme park would have actual zombies, not humans pretending to be zombies.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

^I foresee a potential law suit and major injury claims.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

I don't believe zombies have any standing in law courts.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

In the Grim Darkness that is the Games Workshop theme park, everything is overcharged.

Quote Originally Posted by esaciar View Post
    Are you looking to design a Twin Peaks style park? Silent Hill perhaps? Wild West? Medieval? Zombies?

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Yul Brynner? Sounds awesome!

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

The whole point of a ghost town is that it has no one there. Not literal ghosts.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

If i had the money i'd buy an island and try to recreate extinct dinosaurs and plants and such. I don't know, maybe call it something like Triassic Park. At least i think it'd be cool. I've considered writing a fictional book about it even and talk about the difficulties of running such a place.

Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

I would create a theme park based on ancient Egypt.

Or how about a theme park based on Napoleon's exploits, like the final confrontation at the Battle of Waterloo? Why not just turn the whole historical battlefield into a giant corporate theme park. Just imagine it: porta potties and outhouses, whining overweight American kids dropping icy slushy drinks and funnel cakes and popcorn all over the sacred battle site where Napoleon and Wellesley's troops once tread.

I can't think of a better way to honor their memory.

Or how about we build a giant roller coaster that spans the length of the Great Wall of China? I'm sure the Ming Emperors would be giving a thumbs up in their graves at the Ming Tombs at the thought of that.