Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All aboard the OUTRAGE BUS!!

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Default Re: All aboard the OUTRAGE BUS!!

People who click enter instead of the login button. them!

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

People who forget to program enter to trigger login. them!

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by esaciar View Post
    I heard ghosts are a crock.
    I'm not a superstitious person by any stretch of the imagination, I don't follow any brand of religion, and I have a strong distaste for those who ignore science or theories established by our wondrous scientific method. However, I have a belief in ghosts. Does that make me a cuckoo? A whacko? A zany person? I'm not entirely sure if there is an afterlife for us all, but I think there's more to this whole ghost thing than just our imaginations running wild. Ghosts haunting the living is a universal concept across virtually every culture, with written testimonies of peoples' alleged interactions with violent poltergeists spanning back centuries if not millennia. In the age of video recording, we also have stuff that hints at the possibility of ghosts, from apparitions to alleged poltergeists throwing stuff around empty rooms. Or perhaps that's all telekinesis?

In any case: I'm outraged at people who dismiss science and the scientific community all for the sake of a stupid political agenda or business interest. In that regard, think of climate change or evolution.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

I have had strange supernatural encounters. Therefore I hesitate to say that ghosts don't exist. Call me crazy but it was true maybe if it was only my perception and not fact. I am not a religious person but it was too real for me to actually ignore it. That said most of those supernatural guys like crypto zoologists and ghost hunters are pure bull and they know it, many of them have confessed.
    Last edited by Lord Oda Nobunaga; August 19, 2014 at 09:34 PM.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I've seen a ghost and it was one of the most bizarre things ever.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Like, when you think about seeing a ghost and you always think you're going to end up terrified or something but when I saw it, I just felt... calm and content? Which is weird because I'm usually stressed and bitter.

I live in an area that was a mining village for a longgggg time and then obviously got bigger in the industrial revolution and the train station I use was first opened in 1897 and has changed very little since.

As you can imagine, it's pretty eerie at night (that bridge is the road level, so you're actually in a little ditch). I was working in a club in Sheffield at that point, so I was on my way to work at night and I was leaning up against the outside of the shelter and I saw a figure walking along the opposite side of the platform and then walk through the shelter to go up the ramp.
    Was weird.

Anyway, after that little story. What pisses me off (or whatever this thread is about) is people on Tumblr. I know I really shouldn't use it because it just makes me angry.
    As somebody who studies history and feels not enough people get excited by history, I always encourage people to research stuff or just read some articles or whatever and the majority of them reply with "boring" or "lol you know stuff" etc.
    Then I see some moron on Tumblr who's taken some historical fact or an article, completely got it wrong, missed out massive parts and then posted it to forward whatever agenda their blog is. It's usually about how evil all white people are.
    Then all those same people who don't pay attention to history... LISTEN TO THEM! AND GET EXCITED AND ENTHUSIASTIC!

I recently saw a post going around saying that all Egyptians were actually black and that the image of the "white" Egyptian is completely made up and that Cleopatra was fully black and that French soldiers shot off the nose of the Sphinx because it has a "black nose" and that white people said it fell off due to "poor construction" because we find it threatening that non-whites could build things like that. AND PEOPLE WERE ACCEPTING THIS!
    I couldn't contain myself and replied with an entire essay, providing pictures of hieroglyphics that contained both Egyptians and Nubians (obviously proving there was a difference) and then providing pictures of sketches of the Sphinx done way before French or British troops ever went near Egypt.
    I pointed out how infuriating it is for me that so many people of African origin on Tumblr keep trying to argue that Egypt is their achievement but they're so uninterested in real history that they ignore things like Meroë and all the amazing Sub-Saharan empires and kingdoms that have existed and that's it's a dick move on their behalf to try and rob Egyptians, who've worked so hard to be allowed to be proud of their history, the chance to be so.

One similar post even attempted to make the claim that Egyptians are lighter skinned because "white people bred them out"...

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

Another thread I can express my rage and hatred of everything in existence on? Count me in.

I hate mobile devices. They ing suck. Both as actual devices and as phenomenon in the human world as they really truly have made people even worse.

Bringing me to my next thing. I hate people younger than me. No explanation needed, they know what's wrong with themselves.
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Your back alright old man?

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by Ulyaoth View Post
    Another thread I can express my rage and hatred of everything in existence on? Count me in.

I hate mobile devices. They ing suck. Both as actual devices and as phenomenon in the human world as they really truly have made people even worse.

Bringing me to my next thing. I hate people younger than me. No explanation needed, they know what's wrong with themselves.
    That too.

nVIDIA just closed my bug-report/request to fix their broken Optimus ........

I need a drink.

Border Patrol's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade_Rory View Post
    I've seen a ghost and it was one of the most bizarre things ever.
    Like, when you think about seeing a ghost and you always think you're going to end up terrified or something but when I saw it, I just felt... calm and content? Which is weird because I'm usually stressed and bitter.

I live in an area that was a mining village for a longgggg time and then obviously got bigger in the industrial revolution and the train station I use was first opened in 1897 and has changed very little since.

As you can imagine, it's pretty eerie at night (that bridge is the road level, so you're actually in a little ditch). I was working in a club in Sheffield at that point, so I was on my way to work at night and I was leaning up against the outside of the shelter and I saw a figure walking along the opposite side of the platform and then walk through the shelter to go up the ramp.
    Was weird.

Anyway, after that little story. What pisses me off (or whatever this thread is about) is people on Tumblr. I know I really shouldn't use it because it just makes me angry.
    As somebody who studies history and feels not enough people get excited by history, I always encourage people to research stuff or just read some articles or whatever and the majority of them reply with "boring" or "lol you know stuff" etc.
    Then I see some moron on Tumblr who's taken some historical fact or an article, completely got it wrong, missed out massive parts and then posted it to forward whatever agenda their blog is. It's usually about how evil all white people are.
    Then all those same people who don't pay attention to history... LISTEN TO THEM! AND GET EXCITED AND ENTHUSIASTIC!

I recently saw a post going around saying that all Egyptians were actually black and that the image of the "white" Egyptian is completely made up and that Cleopatra was fully black and that French soldiers shot off the nose of the Sphinx because it has a "black nose" and that white people said it fell off due to "poor construction" because we find it threatening that non-whites could build things like that. AND PEOPLE WERE ACCEPTING THIS!
    I couldn't contain myself and replied with an entire essay, providing pictures of hieroglyphics that contained both Egyptians and Nubians (obviously proving there was a difference) and then providing pictures of sketches of the Sphinx done way before French or British troops ever went near Egypt.
    I pointed out how infuriating it is for me that so many people of African origin on Tumblr keep trying to argue that Egypt is their achievement but they're so uninterested in real history that they ignore things like Meroë and all the amazing Sub-Saharan empires and kingdoms that have existed and that's it's a dick move on their behalf to try and rob Egyptians, who've worked so hard to be allowed to be proud of their history, the chance to be so.

One similar post even attempted to make the claim that Egyptians are lighter skinned because "white people bred them out"...
    Dude why would you go on tumblr? It's a blight on humanity filled with stupid people. And they have now taken over Cracked. ers.
    Proud Nerdimus Maximus of the Trench Coat Mafia.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12