Thread: Another day, another horror (lit contest i mean).

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

Default Another day, another horror (lit contest i mean).

After some postponing, i decided to take part in a local horror/scifi lit contest. It is organised together with the city authority, it seems, as part of some cultural plan and all that..

Curiously they asked for a quite large work, anything from 3K to 5K words. I send something which is almost 4,7K.

Not sure how it will go. I did not want to send it due to being of the view it likely is too convoluted for a contest setting, but upon re-reading it today i formed the view that it may be possible that it will do well.

Besides, it's not like anything bad can happen, they can't steal it even if they wanted to, cause i am so famous by now (well, ok, not famous, but i suppose the term is 'existent' as an echo in some city circles, or something along those lines).

Sometimes one does not expect much of some of his actions, but later on it becomes evident that they were crucial for future developments which themselves appear positive. I hope this is also one of those cases.

You can comment on lit contests (it doesn't have a fee, by the way), or horror festivals featuring artistic events. Or ask me about my latest magnum opus

Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Another day, another horror (lit contest i mean).

No one? ;_;
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Default Re: Another day, another horror (lit contest i mean).

Of course not, horrible lit is hated universally because I can't sleep well with it.