Thread: How to make this work for Steam?

Icon5 How to make this work for Steam?

I have the Steam version of Rome. I installed HCS on my BI folder and created a shortcut from my RomeTW-BI (which is in the Rome Total War Gold folder). Then, when I went to "properties" of the new shortcut, I inserted -mod:bi/hcs -show_err -nm in the "target" line, but when I launch the game, it just says "Failed to find Steam". Can anyone help me with this?

Jarlaxe's Avatar Heavy Building Industry

Default Re: How to make this work for Steam?

i think this should help

Steam Mod Launcher of Paedric
    - Leader / Modeller/ Skinner / City Builder of Hegemonia City States -
    - Modeller/ Skinner / City Builder of Fourth Age -

- Under the patronage of the cream pie lover -
    - jimkatalanos -

Quote Originally Posted by Jarlaxe View Post
    i think this should help

Steam Mod Launcher of Paedric
    Thanks!

By the way, I have to ask: is Hegemonia mod foldered? If I install it once, will it alter the game files permanently?

Jarlaxe's Avatar Heavy Building Industry

yes it is mod foldered, nothing on the vanilla rome tw and bi tw will change
    - Leader / Modeller/ Skinner / City Builder of Hegemonia City States -
    - Modeller/ Skinner / City Builder of Fourth Age -

- Under the patronage of the cream pie lover -
    - jimkatalanos -

=ANTiKES='s Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Architectof Doom View Post
    I have the Steam version of Rome. I installed HCS onmy BI folder and created a shortcut from my RomeTW-BI (which is inthe Rome Total War Gold folder). Then, when I went to "properties"of the new shortcut, I inserted -mod:bi/hcs -show_err -nm in the"target" line, but when I launch the game, it just says"Failed to find Steam". Can anyone help me withthis?

I have exactly the same problem !!

ithink this should help

The program asks me for my steam name which I entered. After starting the program and clicking on Configure it also asks me for the mod folder and I entered „hcs“ ! I chose ROMETW-BI.exe as my engine and at last add „-mod:bi/hcs -show_err-nm“ inside the box at the bottom.

Problem is, when I press „Start TheMod“ nothing happens! Did I do anything wrong?

Thanks!

Bythe way, I have to ask: is Hegemonia mod foldered? If I install itonce, will it alter the game files permanently?

Did you make the mod run and how?

hey Antikes i was having problems with this as well here is what I did. First off i did not use this mod enabler.

1.I created a folder on my desktop called Hegemonia (call it what you want as long as you remember it) I then installed the HCS into the Hegemonia folder so it was easy to find.

2.I went into my Hegemonia folder that I created and moved the Files into my Rome Total War Gold/BI folder. To find this you will go C:/Program Files/(x86)/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Rome Total War Gold/BI In summary follow your directory to steam and rome total war.

3. Open and log into Steam. Right click on the game Rome Total War (or Barbarian Invasion if yours is displayed independently)

4. Click on Properties

5. Click on Set Launch Options

6. In the space provided simply type -mod:bi/hcs -show_err -nm do not type anything else only type what has been provided here.

7. Press OK and exit back to your main steam page.

8. Click as if you were going to play barbarian invasion and it should come up as hegemonia. By doing it this way I will warn you that it will overwrite Barbarian Invasion I didn't mind this as I will just find it online for $10.00 because I would much rather have Hegemonia City States

Please PM me or repost if you have any questions on what I did to get mine to work.

=ANTiKES='s Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by kilkennykremlin View Post
    hey Antikes i was having problems with this as well here is what I did. First off i did not use this mod enabler.

1.I created a folder on my desktop called Hegemonia (call it what you want as long as you remember it) I then installed the HCS into the Hegemonia folder so it was easy to find.

2.I went into my Hegemonia folder that I created and moved the Files into my Rome Total War Gold/BI folder. To find this you will go C:/Program Files/(x86)/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Rome Total War Gold/BI In summary follow your directory to steam and rome total war.

3. Open and log into Steam. Right click on the game Rome Total War (or Barbarian Invasion if yours is displayed independently)

4. Click on Properties

6. In the space provided simply type -mod:bi/hcs -show_err -nm do not type anything else only type what has been provided here.

8. Click as if you were going to play barbarian invasion and it should come up as hegemonia. By doing it this way I will warn you that it will overwrite Barbarian Invasion I didn't mind this as I will just find it online for $10.00 because I would much rather have Hegemonia City States

Please PM me or repost if you have any questions on what I did to get mine to work.
    WoW, that was almost too easy!

Thanks a lot, kilkennykremlin! It's working now

Haha that is exactly what I said when it started working for me, I almost spit Mountain Dew on my computer when it started working. Glad it's working man enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by kilkennykremlin View Post

4. Click on Properties

Thanks, this really helped. I have been trying to figure out how to get this working, and nobody would be specific about what they did. I saw several posts about it not working with steam, and then they just say, "Oh nevermind," and don't explain HOW they got it working. Did this, works great. Thanks.

HobGremlin i followed that but it didnt work i got this mod working before and i wantto play this again

[QUOTE=Doommaker1;13988026]

When I do that, it gets past the Hegemonia opening screen (that very very very first screen that appears before sega) and then after that CRASH, what do I do?

dalapto's Avatar Libertus

The shortcut is broken - you will have to edit it so that it runs the mod. To do this:
    1. Create a shorcut of the RomeTW-BI.exe to your desktop
    2. Edit the properties so that the Textbox Target is, "C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -mod:bi/hcs -show_err -nm
    or wherever your Rome Total War is installed,
    3. Edit the Start In Textbox so that it is, "C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War"
    or wherever your Rome Total War is installed,
    4. Run the shortcut.