Thread: Where have I gone wrong with this?

Brivime's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Where have I gone wrong with this?

Heyyo, so I'm working on my overhaul and right now I'm trying to make the Ghassanids and the Lakhmids playable factions to test with in the campaign.

I managed to get them in custom battle working fine and also on the campaign selection screen but when I select a faction I get a crash.

Can some one more experienced check the pack and see where I messed up?

Pack dl:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!VQQ33bqB!-ED34-...8zVNtlAoCjk7Q4

Default Re: Where have I gone wrong with this?

Hi Brivime,
    Gotta say what you got here is very impressive. I managed to get it working by following the following steps (would love to know how you made them selectable, btw)
    Basically in startpos.esf there's a section that you shouldn't change that you did. "CAMPAIGN_STARTPOS/COMPRESSED_DATA/CAMPAIGN_ENV/CAMPAIGN_MODEL/WORLD/FACTION_ARRAY/"
    is the directory of it.
    Don't worry, I made the same mistake too in my experiments. That section is a no fly zone evidently.

Here's a fixed pack so you don't have to go looking for what you changed.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/kt...dplayable.pack

Oh, by the way, in testing to see if it works there's no family tree as far as I saw. The faction in theory is still playable though.

Brivime's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Where have I gone wrong with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Samio View Post
    Hi Brivime,
    Gotta say what you got here is very impressive. I managed to get it working by following the following steps (would love to know how you made them selectable, btw)
    Basically in startpos.esf there's a section that you shouldn't change that you did. "CAMPAIGN_STARTPOS/COMPRESSED_DATA/CAMPAIGN_ENV/CAMPAIGN_MODEL/WORLD/FACTION_ARRAY/"
    is the directory of it.
    Don't worry, I made the same mistake too in my experiments. That section is a no fly zone evidently.

Here's a fixed pack so you don't have to go looking for what you changed.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/kt...dplayable.pack

Oh, by the way, in testing to see if it works there's no family tree as far as I saw. The faction in theory is still playable though.
    Thanks very much for fixing the pack and also explaining where I messed up!

I plan on adding a family tree for all the Arab factions but for now I am just using these two to test units and buildings.

To make them select-able I changed the middle "False" variables in all the PLAYER_ARRAYS to "True", at least I think that's what I did.

I'll PM you once I make the Himyarites playable and tell you step by step how I did that.
    Last edited by Brivime; February 18, 2015 at 02:54 AM.