Thread: Request for new Viking unit skin & migration sword mod

Default Request for new Viking unit skin & migration sword mod

Was wondering wether anyone could make a mod where the attire/skin of the Elite Nordic Warrior unit ingame is replaced with the Viking Captain unit skin (looks so much better with the face mail & blue'ish gamberson), and also add a migration period sword as well? (Don't like the current ROME II gallic short swords used, seem very ahistorical)

Viking Captain Unit Skin

Migration period sword

Many many thanks to anyone willing to help with this
    “Carpe diem! Rejoice while you are alive; enjoy the day; live life to the fullest; make the most of what you have. It is later than you think.” - Horace 65 BC

Default Re: Request for new Viking unit skin & migration sword mod

You're first request is easy to do, you can even doing it by yourself with the PFM. For the other one you can reskin the exciting model of germano-nordic spatha.

I don't have the time to reskin it but i made this in ten minutes: http://www.mediafire.com/download/h8...dic_Elite.pack

I didn't tested it but i think it can do the trick for now.

Edit: oups i'm sorry the first file didn't work, it's fixed now.

Wow, many thanks mate! Looks really great!

How do employ it ingame? Don't know how to mod so I need some help

Also I made a mistake, I wanted to replace the skin of the "Chosen Warriors" not the "Elite Nordic Warriors", but I'm guessing this is as easy as simply replacing that file Actually it could be cool if the Chosen Warrior skin is replaced with the Royal Huscarl skin with the wolf pelt around the neck

Then you would have Elite Nordic Warriors looking as your picture above, and Chosen Warriors looking like the Royal Huscarls but with shield & migration sword - that would be absolutely amazing! Esp. if in dark blu'ish colour

PS: Will the base colour change between the three Viking factions as well? Reason is I really liked the dark blue'ish colour of the Viking Captain unit

PSPS: Many thanks for helping with this!
    Last edited by Sir. Cunningham; February 19, 2015 at 10:35 AM.
    “Carpe diem! Rejoice while you are alive; enjoy the day; live life to the fullest; make the most of what you have. It is later than you think.” - Horace 65 BC

I'm sorry i don't have so much time to help you right now.

I suggest you to have look at some tutorials in the workshops forums, to find out how to use mods and furthermore to make your own mods.

Look at the Rome 2 workshop forum particularly.

The Modding is the entertainment inside the entertainment.

But if i find some time i will do the reskin for the sword and switch the units but not right now.

Best regards.

Downloaded the PFM 3.5.1 and unzipped it to a new folder, anyone know how to then get the unit created by Hadrien into the game?

All you need to do to install the .pack file is download it from the link and place it into your "\data" folder located at "\SteamApps\common\Total War Attila"

The PFM is made to create mods not to use them.

Let me explain to you:

You have to copy paste the file once you have downloaded it inside the data folder from your Total war Attila main folder:

Program files/Steam/SteamApps/common/Total War Attila

When it's done you launch the game, inside the launcher click on Manage Mods. Here you can see all your mods. Check those you want to activate (it may say it is outdated) and play.

The default mods manager is not so good so i suggest you to use the one made by .Mitch.instead (it work the same way): http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ol-Mod-Manager

I have reskinned the sword here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14370561

"The Modding is the entertainment inside the entertainment." - Hadrien Ier

Best way to put it i've ever heard. Kudos.

Hadrien you're the man! Will try it out first thing as I get back home

Nice! It works Hadrien! Many many thanks! Looks so sweet!

If you could make the same for the Chosen Warriors only with the skin of the Royal Huscarls (with the wolf belt you know) and with the round shields only (like the Viking capt unit), then I'll be all set!

So many many thanks Hadrien!
    Last edited by Sir. Cunningham; February 20, 2015 at 05:31 PM.

Thanks!!

So do I replace the old one with that? Or do I just put that one in the folder as well ?

EDIT: I found out, I just had to replace it

Btw is there any possibility you could give both units all round viking shields as well? Only when or if you have time ofcourse And if not its completely OK, I'm already so happy for what I've got, looks so amazing! A thousands thanks! You made an old time members day!
    Last edited by Sir. Cunningham; February 21, 2015 at 12:04 PM.

Yes.

Foederatus

I made a Viking Variety mod you might like.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...iety-Mod-VVMod

Not that I mind, and I am very flattered but I own the sword pictured above. It is a representation to date of my service in the US Army, and the Ruins say Integrity, justice, courage, and action; without these, a person is of no consequence.

It was made by the Mad Dwarf Workshop for me several years ago