Thread: DogSoldierSPQR Presents New Sassanid Campaign Colours!

DogSoldierSPQR's Avatar Senator

Default DogSoldierSPQR Presents New Sassanid Campaign Colours!

Alternate Sassanid Colours

Hi, everyone. This is not a major issue but it was something that was bugging me. The Sassanids had, in my opinion, a very ugly yellowy colour that represented them on the campaign map. It just didn't sit well with me. If one person thinks it, then there's gotta be others too. With that in mind, I went about changing it to maybe help someone else out as well.
    Initially I wanted to go with Grey, but I figured multiple choice is always best, right?
    So I present you a few colours to pick from. Simply download, pick the one you want and run it using Mitch's mod manager.
    Things to note: Any mod out there which changes faction colours or faction uniforms will require you to put this in a higher priority than those mods using Mitch's Mod Manager.
    The download consists of one zip file which contains all colours. Extract and pick the one you want. Enjoy

Blue
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Green

Grey

Red

MediaFire --- http://www.mediafire.com/download/87...id+Colours.zipAttachment 321369
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by DogSoldierSPQR; February 20, 2015 at 12:54 PM.
    I personally invite you to check out my complete combat overhaul which will give you a completely new Rome 2 experience:
    (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ere!-(26-10-13)
    If you rep me, leave that beautiful name of yours so I know who you are
    That a salesperson at my door? Where my Gladius at??
    An empire always fails because it never sees the potential in the individual. The smaller state never fails because it has no choice but to... - DogSoldierSPQR

kamikazee786's Avatar Senator

Default Re: DogSoldierSPQR Presents New Sassanid Campaign Colours!

is this save game compatible ?

And mitch has released his mod manager for attila ??!!

This i did not know
    If you work to earn a living, why then do you work yourself to death?

I like the brick red best. Can you change the emblam so that instead of a yelloish background it's completely black and the picture is golden? Like the gyan avspar's shield.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Is this compatible with the Sassaind reskin mod and the ones I have downloaded? Does this make any changes to unit colours?

Changed the emblem to this but the dds files remain unchanged as i don't have the right program to change it. Anyway if interested in the file let me know.

kamikazee786's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Rostam_e_Iran View Post
    Changed the emblem to this but the dds files remain unchanged as i don't have the right program to change it. Anyway if interested in the file let me know.

Please send me that file.

Ive recolored the Sassanid faction colors to be black so i think it'll look really really awesome with your logo:

If you work to earn a living, why then do you work yourself to death?

Both the Icon and the Recolor look amazing, is there any chance you could send me those or even upload them here on the forum ? would be really appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Slizop View Post
    Both the Icon and the Recolor look amazing, is there any chance you could send me those or even upload them here on the forum ? would be really appreciated

Agreed. Bookmarked for update (Black clothes, new icon, brick red colors = the best)

Here's the file http://www.filedropper.com/sassanidemblem though DogSoldierSPQR might want to enhance the images (the edges etc) and feel free to add it you your compilation of Sassanid campaign colours.

Maybe turquoise also? For Barbarian Invasion's sake . Meanwhile i go for grey.

DogSoldierSPQR's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by kamikazee786 View Post
    is this save game compatible ?

And mitch has released his mod manager for attila ??!!

This i did not know
    Completely save-game compatible, and indeed Mitch has

I like the brick red best. Can you change the emblam so that instead of a yelloish background it's completely black and the picture is golden? Like the gyan avspar's shield.
    I'm going to be having a play around with the emblem to see what I can do. Just in case you'd find this helpful, if you have a program like GIMP and find the .dds addon from the internet, you can edit .dds files. It's how I did it. Handy bit of kit to have since it would help you do shield patterns and textures on units.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Davout View Post
    Is this compatible with the Sassaind reskin mod and the ones I have downloaded? Does this make any changes to unit colours?
    It won't touch units directly. Since this is in the same db file as the faction colour themes for units, this won't be compatible, I'm afraid. However, if you open up the mod with the PFM, you can take my values and insert them into your own custom one and get the best of both.

Here's the file http://www.filedropper.com/sassanidemblem though DogSoldierSPQR might want to enhance the images (the edges etc) and feel free to add it you your compilation of Sassanid campaign colours.
    I'll be having a look at what you've done and seeing what kind of things I could make. I'll have to refresh my memory on how to get the .dds stuff going but I'll be looking to get some icons and colour combinations going for you guys. Thank you for this icon, mate.
    I personally invite you to check out my complete combat overhaul which will give you a completely new Rome 2 experience:
    (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ere!-(26-10-13)
    If you rep me, leave that beautiful name of yours so I know who you are
    That a salesperson at my door? Where my Gladius at??
    An empire always fails because it never sees the potential in the individual. The smaller state never fails because it has no choice but to... - DogSoldierSPQR

Methoz's Avatar Senator
    Bohemia (Czech: Čechy; German: Böhmen) (CZE)

TotalWarForum.cz
    Česko-Slovenské fórum o hrách ze série Total War

Strange, i don't have any conflicting mod and i still don't get the faction color change. Using .mitch's mod manager