Page 54 of 291 FirstFirst ... 42944454647484950515253545556575859606162636479104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 5816

Thread: 'Star Wars' discussions

Default Re: 'Star Wars' discussions

The thing I never got in Return of the Jedi is if the Ewok's think C3PO is God then how come when he tells them to free his friends the Ewok's refuse. That just makes no sense, why would you risk angering God and being smited?
    I pretty sure they release them, after luke levitate C3PO, as a showing of C3PO god given powers
    I realy never thought about it, sometimes people in this forum go pick on somethings, of realy no importance for the context.
    At anycase, i supose they didnt took that threat serious... do all religious folk do what god told them to? usualy they do their own version of gods interpretation, or perhaps they tought it was a test of faith, or something. I dont realy think it is important.
    If Queen Amidala is a ing ruler of an entire planet and rich as then why didn't they fly back to Tatooine and buy Anakin's mother? It's the least you could do for the kid that helped get you off the planet and then save your asses by blowing up the space donut. No wonder Anakin grows up into such an anti-social, egotistical .
    She wasnt Queen after Episode one, and how do you know Padme is rich? She was serving in a Political position, in all likelyhood she is wealthy, but it might not be. And They got seperated for her and anakin for 10 years.
    Not to mention tattooine was controled by outlaws and brigands, under the Hutts.
    I mean who the knows.... why didnt the jedi did it after by themselfs?
    I recon, stuff was more complicated to do. Besides Anakin was training to be a jedi, he would be apart of his mother anyway.

What exactly does being the "Chosen One" mean? What was the prophecy even? Why do the Jedis treat Anakin
    He is no Messiah. The chosen one prophecy, was about a Jedi that would bring balance to the force. The concept it is so simple and straight foward, that makes a lot of people realize tons of theories of what it means. Man Star wars isnt very complicated.
    In its basics, you restore the balance by defeating evil, it is that simple. Its like anyother narrative entertaimnet art, we ( humanity) are doing it since the time of Greeks if not before, with their God pantheon, and heroic stories etc.
    How does Leiah remember her mother? She died at the time of her birth, you don't remember people you've probably never seen.
    As said it could be their foster mother, or you know could well be the force. All she said remembering was feelings, of sadness. That could well be only the force granting her this insight. Leia like luke was also force sensitive.
    On the subject of family Lucas totally screwed up how Owen was Luke's uncle. If my first point is true then Owen can't be related to Luke in the way they show in Episode 2
    How so? owen and anakin were stepbrothers..... in what way him and luke arent related? maybe not by blood, but it is still family.

Owen and Anakin had the same mother ( in the case of Owen stepmother), just different fathers. ( in the case of Anakin, the force did it.) So we think, one of theories going arround was Darth Plagueis did it, by manipulating the midiclhorians, in order to create a perfect aprentice.

Why are all the Jedis dumb as ?
    They arent dumb, they are in an impossible situation, and being manipulated by the Dark side. Wich Clouded their vision, and to see things cleary. Yes Sidious was a beast.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; March 03, 2015 at 01:54 PM.

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

He is no Messiah. The chosen one prophecy, was about a Jedi that would bring balance to the force. The concept it is so simple and straight foward, that makes a lot of people realize tons of theories of what it means. Man Star wars isnt very complicated.
    In its basics, you restore the balance by defeating evil, it is that simple. Its like anyother narrative entertaimnet art, we ( humanity) are doing it since the time of Greeks if not before, with their God pantheon, and heroic stories etc.
    IMO Revan is more of a "chosen one" because he tried to follow a "grey area" line, and be normal. The Jedi and Sith are both extremists.

But I may be biased in that regard.

Darth Traya could also be seen as a "Chosen one" since she tried to bring balance to the force by eliminating it altogether.

But other than that, the Chosen one can be seen as a recurring thing. The Sith come and go in cycles, and to some extent the Jedi do as well. Meetra Surik, the Hero of Tython, the guy who ended the New Sith Wars whose name I can't remember, and of course Anakin/Luke can all be seen as "Chosen ones" in that they defeated the sith of their time.
    Last edited by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius; March 03, 2015 at 02:07 PM.

IMO Revan is more of a "chosen one" because he tried to follow a "grey area" line, and be normal. The Jedi and Sith are both extremists.

But I may be biased in that regard.
    I just dont see how... im sorry, Revan was anything but Normal. I also dont think he was that Grey quite the oposite actualy..... He was a figure of extremism himself, either dark or light. It is true however he did achieve oneness with the force eventualy, after he walked the Sith, and jedi paths, that was short lived, as he was made into the emperors prisoner. Centuries later though, he was made whole again though.
    You can say he walked every path there is to walk, but his historial record, is not of a grey jedi imo.

A true Grey jedi, is someone like Jolee Bindo. Not Revan.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; March 03, 2015 at 02:09 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    It is true however he did achieve oneness with the force eventualy, after he walked the Sith, and jedi paths, that was short lived, as he was made into the emperors prisoner.
    He was a Jedi for longer: prior to the Mandalorian Wars, and then he was a Sith for about 3-4 years after the wars, and then he was a Jedi for about 3-4 years after he re-awoke on the Endar Spire. And then you could also count his return 300 years later as being half-Jedi, half-Sith.

Traya describes how the force basically pulls individuals in either direction, hence why normal people never become close to being so evil. Revan was the only one who ever really mastered the ability to stay in the center.

A true Grey jedi, is someone like Jolee Bindo. Not Revan.
    Ah yes, good old Jolee...

Although, in the end, he was kind of a light-sider.
    Last edited by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius; March 03, 2015 at 02:12 PM.

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius View Post
    Owen was Anakin's brother in law, not step-brother, IIRC.
    Have you never seen that movie step-brothers? Same thing.
    A brother in law is when your sister gets married, her husband becomes your brother in law. Or if you marry a girl, her brother becomes your brother in law.
    In Star wars Shmi marries Cliegg Lars, who already had a son, who therefore became her step-son and was therefore Anakin's step-brother.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Yeah that would actually make more sense. Or the alternative is that Owen is Anakin's real brother (half brother?) but Padme hid Luke from Anakin, maybe Anakin thought he was dead or Padme ran off and he didn't know about Luke and Leiah. Owen living as a settler in the desert probably moved around a lot so that Vader couldn't find him, and he probably wouldn't have wanted to find Owen after all this time (not knowing about Luke he would have no reason either).

I think that when George was writing Phantom Menace he just sort of forgot about uncle Owen.

As for Anakin's mother, Padme does appear to come from a wealthy family, in a deleted scene Episode 2 they got to Padme's house which seems relatively large, her family probably is moderately wealthy. But you would think that the citizens of Naboo would give Anakin some kind of award money for 1. Rescuing the Queen on Tatooine and 2. saving them from the droids by blowing up the Saturn shaped donut ship. I'm sure the government could scrape like 10,000 credits to buy one slave. Or hell the Jedi could do it too.

But just because he wouldn't see his mother is no reason to leave the poor woman in slavery, she practically gave them her kid and he helped those guys a couple of times too.

About what this other stuff really means I wouldn't know cause George wrote the inconsistencies in this story and anything telling me what this is supposed to mean were written after the fact and are clumsily trying to work around the inconsistencies.

And in the case of Anakin being the Chosen One even Mace Windu believes (maybe) in Episode 2. Even if he isn't wouldn't this kid be better off with Yoda as his master rather than Obi-wan, the guy who didn't actually finish his training. I mean what if he is the Messiah? Are we going to ruin him cause Yoda didn't want to give up a few weekends.
    Last edited by Lord Oda Nobunaga; March 03, 2015 at 02:33 PM.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

He was a Jedi for longer: prior to the Mandalorian Wars, and then he was a Sith for about 3-4 years after the wars, and then he was a Jedi for about 3-4 years after he re-awoke on the Endar Spire. And then you could also count his return 300 years later as being half-Jedi, half-Sith.

Traya describes how the force basically pulls individuals in either direction, hence why normal people never become close to being so evil. Revan was the only one who ever really mastered the ability to stay in the center.

Ah yes, good old Jolee...

Although, in the end, he was kind of a light-sider.

I've really been enjoying Rebels, and even if that was a little too short of an episode for a proper conclusion of season 1, it's good to have Asoka back and to see Vader being Tarkin's little pet .

Apparently they had a big 12 episode arc for Asoka that took her past order 66...and then the Clone Wars died. If we're lucky we'll get a good book out of it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    Have you never seen that movie step-brothers? Same thing.
    A brother in law is when your sister gets married, her husband becomes your brother in law. Or if you marry a girl, her brother becomes your brother in law.
    In Star wars Shmi marries Cliegg Lars, who already had a son, who therefore became her step-son and was therefore Anakin's step-brother.
    Oh, I always thought she married Owen.

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by DarthShizNit View Post
    I've really been enjoying Rebels, and even if that was a little too short of an episode for a proper conclusion of season 1, it's good to have Asoka back and to see Vader being Tarkin's little pet .

Apparently they had a big 12 episode arc for Asoka that took her past order 66...and then the Clone Wars died. If we're lucky we'll get a good book out of it.
    ​Ah shiggy diggy, dis gonna be gud

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Oh, I always thought she married Owen.
    Nah, remember the guy she married had a missing leg and all that.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Right, right.

Also, this:

Last edited by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius; March 03, 2015 at 08:39 PM.

Ah i just watched the latest Episode of Rebels.... Pretty fantastic, and very enjoyable, to bad it was the season finale, because it made me to want more now.....
    It was pretty nice to see a grown up Ashoka, they realy did a good job in modeling her face, probably one of the best animated modeled characters i seen in the show... and that ending... the final solution Vader who else!
    i wonder if he will come at odds with ashoka in the future.... it is more then likely The former aprentice vs the former master... things will happen.
    Probably Vader will end up killing her too along the way, it would be pretty harsh and sad if so.

This show realy did let the best for last... hope it gets even better for the season 2.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The inquisitor chosing to die then to face his master, given his failure... it was one of the highlights. No one cant say the show doesnt kill important people.... also the fight was a bit reminescent of maul fight in naboo, i mean the setting anyway.... only Dual of fates was lacking as soundtrack

Its case to say...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Knight of Heaven; March 04, 2015 at 04:59 AM.

I like how they kept to the New Hope dynamic of Tarkin still clearly being in charge and Vader following on the leash

Also, will be interesting if Ashoka knows Vader is Anakin.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthShizNit View Post
    I like how they kept to the New Hope dynamic of Tarkin still clearly being in charge and Vader following on the leash

Also, will be interesting if Ashoka knows Vader is Anakin.
    I was wondering that myself... it is possible she already knows, but if she doesnt i can imagine the scene...

Vader - Ashoka, im your master Anakin!
    Ashoka - Nooooooooooo (while hanging into a pole, with a severed limb)

Also of note, Agent Kalus (or whatever) didn't appear to have the slightest idea who Vader was. He's clearly not a high profile figure to the public or the vast majority of the military then.

James the Red's Avatar Campidoctor

What I like to think, is that at the time of 'A new Hope' Vader isn't inside the military system, he gets authority to do things from the Emperor or other Higher ups but Vader doesn't technically have any rank. Probobly another way for the Emperor to control him, he can't lead a military force without getting permission first. At least that's my theory.

Sanguinary Guardian's Avatar Primicerius

Vader does lead a military force, the finest, in fact, of the Imperial Armed Forces, the 501st Legion. Fett clones, pure, simple and highly efficient.

H ΕΛΛΑΔΑ κι ο ΕΛΛΗΝΙΣΜΟΣ είναι αξίες ιερότερες από οποιαδήποτε ειρήνη!

Despite all we have lost so far, our fire still burns...

James the Red's Avatar Campidoctor

And who is to say he can't order the 501st to do anything unless he first gets permission to do so by people above him?

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Yeah... If they show up, we'll see about how efficient they are..