Thread: I have an ability mod, which I made with several references...

Default I have an ability mod, which I made with several references...

Edit: I have found a solution, by overwriting unused test abilities, you can get new abilities to work. I will leave this thread as an example of what it looks like when you do not overwrite test abilities in making an ability mod.

However, I have had a minor issue: Even though the ability has what appears to be the strings file for abilities, and an icon both assigned to the abilities key, it doesn't show up on the ability bar, and on the unit card it shows up as "None."

I have spent the last hour cross referencing the various tables, making sure the keys do in fact match when they should match.

I found a few text entries which apply to abilities in specific, and made files for the abilities.

The list of files.

Is there any files I am missing for adding new abilities, and putting them on units? Could I be getting getting a schema related issue?

Here is a copy of the current (non functioning,) version of the mod, in case anyone wants to glance in it with a fresh set of eyes.

Scavange_mod.zip

How it looks in game.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Walrusjones; March 07, 2015 at 06:44 PM.

Default Re: I have an ability mod, which I made with several references...

I think you need to assign it a text entry from local_en.pack. Probably a new one under the "effects"[edit: sorry, meant "abilities" or "unit_abilties"] table in the text files.
    Last edited by Augustusng; March 07, 2015 at 08:50 AM.

Default Re: I have an ability mod, which I made with several references...

I have added special abilities text file, and a special ability phases text files.

With the current version, I still get "None" as the ability string, the face and whip being the icon still.

Another weird trait is that there isn't a button to use the ability on the units hotbar.

On the battlefield: http://puu.sh/gqoHU/e5bfc267ee.jpg