Thread: Trying to add existing units to certain rosters.

Default Trying to add existing units to certain rosters.

So far, I have the following tables modified:

units_to_groupings_military_permissions

units_custom_battle_permissions

However, the game crashes, implying that this isn't enough to add a unit to a factions rosters (Since several others have told me that the schema for these segments isn't broken,) where are the other tables I might need to modify?

Default Re: Trying to add existing units to certain rosters.

So long as the units can be produced from buildings that the faction has access to already, that should be enough as far as I know. I made a mod to give saxons access to germanic archers and those were the only tables it modifies. Even if the units were inaccessible it shouldn't crash I don't think unless there is a conflict. Are you running any other mods?
    As I understand it for maximum compatibility you ideally want to use pfm's postprocess features to rename the tables you've changed and then minimize those files so that they only contain the lines you've added rather than a copy of the whole table. That way if you use your mod alongside another one that changes the same table hopefully it plays nice, since adding a unit doesn't require a change to any of the existing entries.

You may also want to seek confirmation from someone more knowledgeable than I .
    Blue field the rule, Slaadi shall we.

I am going to see if this is a themes related error. It may be that the unit doesn't use the universal themes setup, and instead uses faction specific themes (This would be weird, its simply Nordic band.)

So, the game cannot find any visual info for said unit, and crashes to tell me I am a mean person.

how exactly do you modify these things? I'm trying to add all 4 different "germanic archer" units to the viking factions, since for some reason they have basically none of their own but I can't figure out how to modify the "units_to_groupings_military_permissions".
    I've found it by using the PFM but can't edit it.