Thread: "Not buying the DLC just means you won't get to use the Celtic factions or units, AI will still have them" they said

Default "Not buying the DLC just means you won't get to use the Celtic factions or units, AI will still have them" they said

All the Celtic factions only have one garrison unit
    As the WRE I can't levy troops from my clients (Ebdanians and Caledonians)

Nice one, CA.
    Last edited by Aenima; March 28, 2015 at 11:08 AM.

Default Re: "Not buying the DLC just means you won't get to use the Celtic factions or units, AI will still have them" they said

Did you start a new campaign after the DLC was released?
    Prof's Mods (Attila Mods)
    Creator of Polemarchia: Total War
    Under the patronace of Epistolary Richard
    <- Now with Attila screens

Default Re: "Not buying the DLC just means you won't get to use the Celtic factions or units, AI will still have them" they said

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    Did you start a new campaign after the DLC was released?

Yep, started it last night

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

out of date mods?
    It sounds like that is the case, as one of the unit tables isn't properly update with the celts unit.
    Last edited by Karnil Vark Khaitan; March 28, 2015 at 11:41 AM.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

I can' t check any of the special units from any of the dlc in MP, they just don't show up in the roster

Quote Originally Posted by Karnil Vark Khaitan View Post
    out of date mods?
    It sounds like that is the case, as one of the unit tables isn't properly update with the celts unit.
    Not running any mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Aenima View Post
    Not running any mods.
    What is the name of those garrison units?

Because I look through their units, and all of them is new, can you make a screenshot of it, with buildings?

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Lugotorix's Avatar non flectis non mutant

Title is misleading. Matter of fact, just hire a navy in Segontium and go a little bit west so we can have this thread closed.
    Last edited by Lugotorix; March 28, 2015 at 05:18 PM.
    AUTHOR OF TROY OF THE WESTERN SEA: LOVE AND CARNAGE UNDER THE RULE OF THE VANDAL KING, GENSERIC
    THE BLACK-HEARTED LORDS OF THRACE: ODRYSIAN KINGDOM AAR
    VANDALARIUS: A DARK AGES GOTHIC EMPIRE ATTILA AAR

Barbarian Nobility's Avatar Tribunus
    South Australia - Land of the Bogan and home of the serial killer

I was also under the impression the celtic units would appear whether you had the DLC or not. I own the DLC, and yet in a recently started co-op campaign (my friends doesn't have the DLC) the celtic factions are still using Nordic brigands etc...

I just checked (yet again for people, even though it takes five seconds) with DLC uninstalled and Celtic rosters are working fine for the main game. I'm not sure about your co-op campaign. /thread

Last edited by Lugotorix; March 29, 2015 at 01:30 AM.
    AUTHOR OF TROY OF THE WESTERN SEA: LOVE AND CARNAGE UNDER THE RULE OF THE VANDAL KING, GENSERIC

All the Celtic factions only have one garrison unit
    As the WRE I can't levy troops from my clients (Ebdanians and Caledonians)

Nice one, CA.
    I wondering what was going on! The Caledonians asked for peace and being a really nice guy I let them have it. Then I notice Caledonia has been nuked and two hordes go to Gaul. Okay I thought, I'll use the opportunity to gain some cheap levy. But nope! I was planning to wait for a sale and buy a few DLC's at half price or something. I should have let small fleet have some practice!
    Proculus: Divine Caesar, PLEASE! What have I done? Why am I here?
    Caligula: Treason!
    Proculus: Treason? I have always been loyal to you!
    Caligula: [laughs insanely] That IS your treason! You're an honest man, Proculus, which means a bad Roman! Therefore, you are a traitor! Logical, hmm? Ha, ha, ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Karnil Vark Khaitan View Post
    What is the name of those garrison units?

Because I look through their units, and all of them is new, can you make a screenshot of it, with buildings?

It's just the Celtic warlord, which I'm pretty sure was in the game on release. Hell, now for some reason the Celtic cities have no garrisons. I'll take a screenshot the next time I play, but after my Caledonian allies seizing the Pictish settlement the "view garrison" button is just greyed out and can't be clicked.

EDIT: just uploaded pics showing the lack of garrisons and how town buildings etc don't offer garrisons for the AI. Also attached some non-sensical pics, that being that, despite me having been attacked on the campaign map on the wooded slopes of a mountain, I end up fighting downhill against my attacker. u wot m8

Quote Originally Posted by Lugotorix View Post
    I just checked (yet again for people, even though it takes five seconds) with DLC uninstalled and Celtic rosters are working fine for the main game. I'm not sure about your co-op campaign. /thread
    It's not a co-op campaign. Also, the AI armies have Celtic units, true, but it's completely screwed up their garrisons and they have either just a Celtic warlord or, as seems to have happened, nothing (maybe they researched something that upgrades that unit that was from the DLC and so now they can't have anything? Idk)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015-03-29_00003.jpg   2015-03-29_00004.jpg   2015-03-29_00005.jpg   2015-03-29_00006.jpg   2015-03-29_00007.jpg  

2015-03-29_00008.jpg   2015-03-29_00009.jpg   2015-03-29_00010.jpg   2015-03-29_00011.jpg  
    Last edited by Aenima; March 29, 2015 at 05:34 AM.

It's just the Celtic warlord, which I'm pretty sure was in the game on release. Hell, now for some reason the Celtic cities have no garrisons. I'll take a screenshot the next time I play, but after my Caledonian allies seizing the Pictish settlement the "view garrison" button is just greyed out and can't be clicked.

EDIT: just uploaded pics showing the lack of garrisons and how town buildings etc don't offer garrisons for the AI. Also attached some non-sensical pics, that being that, despite me having been attacked on the campaign map on the wooded slopes of a mountain, I end up fighting downhill against my attacker. u wot m8

It's not a co-op campaign. Also, the AI armies have Celtic units, true, but it's completely screwed up their garrisons and they have either just a Celtic warlord or, as seems to have happened, nothing (maybe they researched something that upgrades that unit that was from the DLC and so now they can't have anything? Idk)
    Nope Celtic Warlord was release at the patch, they had the generic warlord instead.
    Puuuhhh no idea why it is messing with you? tried to verify game cache, but the more of think of that would be the reason for it.

But here is the thing you do clearly have access to the units, as they said, and then I look through my DB which should be the same, the files and keys should be in order.

Are there other players with similar problems?

No idea. By this point it doesn't really matter too much, to be honest; my conquest of the Ebdanians and the Caledonians would have happened anyway, so it's all been done, but this is most definitely a weird thing to have happened, and one that's only happened since the DLC release.

I can verify that even their level 1 and 2 garrisons are quite small for villages, like 3-4 units. I think it would make sense not to be able to levy the dlc content.

Quote Originally Posted by Lugotorix View Post
    I can verify that even their level 1 and 2 garrisons are quite small for villages, like 3-4 units. I think it would make sense not to be able to levy the dlc content.
    Standard garrison for most factions is 3-4 units at level 1, so there is no problem here.
    How many times someone guessed wrong about my nationality: 3
    Where do I not come from: Czech Republic, US, South America, Former Colony, Germany, Austria, Switzerland