Quote Originally Posted by Trot View Post
He greets Yobert warmly saying, "Glad you could make it Yobert." Then he turns to the group of gathered knights and nobles calling, "Mount up men we leave in five."
"Excellent!" said Yobert, to no one specifically; he was a man who loved to hunt. He quickly began to pass instructions to his men, setting them up in groups for the hunt.

Morton, Lord Yobert's heir, looked around, and noticed several banners from the Reach. He found this a good opportunity to test his younger brothers' knowledge of the noble houses beyond the Mountains of the Moon.

"Wallace, tell me, that banner, blue and red, with a white fish. Which house is that?"

Wallace, a boy of 11, was completely absorbed by the experience of finally being allowed to join his father and brothers in a hunt, and took a few seconds to process the question.

"House Tully, obviously," replied Donnel, keeping Wallace with the words in his mouth.

"That was easy," commented Marq Prior, Lord Yorbert's squire. "Tell me, then, house and seat, of that golden tree over there, on white."

Donnel had to think for a moment, but Wallace was quick this time.

"Goldengrove... house Rogan!"

"It's Rowan, dimwit," said Donnel, upset.

"And the grapes, on an azure background?" continued Marq.

"Redwyne, of the Arbor," said Wallace again beating his brother for a second. With nothing to correct this time, Donnel decided to punch his brother's arm. William complained, and immediately Morton looked at the two with an angry look.

"Quit it! I will not let you embarrass our house in front of these Lords," he said, remembering

Marq smirked and looked around, suspiciously, trying to figure out if there was another reason behind having so many southern lords visiting the Vale for a simple hunting trip.