Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An Outsiders Opinion (Warhammer for the TW crowd)

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: An Outsiders Opinion (Warhammer for the TW crowd)

Quote Originally Posted by frenchyvinnie View Post
    We have to put R2TW's success into perspective. The game was very profitable, but I believe those profits were only a fraction of what they could have been had the game been given proper care before launch. And while the game is quite good now, it was a disaster at launch.

That's the fate I wish TW:WH to avoid. This game has a huge potential and I don't want to see it all ruined by dumb marketing and design decisions.
    If they were looking out for their customers they would have released R2 as a "Preorder Beta" sort of thing. They could honestly just be like, we're taking our time to do it right and its not completely finished but what we have is stable, we'll probably need 6 months to a year to finish it, but as its playable in its current state we figured you might want to start playing it now rather than delay.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

Default Re: An Outsiders Opinion (Warhammer for the TW crowd)

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Tartleton View Post
    If they were looking out for their customers they would have released R2 as a "Preorder Beta" sort of thing. They could honestly just be like, we're taking our time to do it right and its not completely finished but what we have is stable, we'll probably need 6 months to a year to finish it, but as its playable in its current state we figured you might want to start playing it now rather than delay.
    I don't think CA would've made Rome 2 that muchb etter even if they ahd another year with it. Emperor edition was probably Emperor edition because of much needed community feedback, since CA doesn't ever really seem to know what the community likes. They should just release Warhammer as soon as feasible because holding it back is just wasting their money and our time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12