Thread: Adding Poltical Parties to Startpos through the Assembly Kit

Miles

Default Adding Poltical Parties to Startpos through the Assembly Kit

While the current workaround for political parties is through EditESF, by copying faction arrays, I remembered a similar issue during Rome II I managed to fix. So I tested it, and it works for political parties as well. So, the issue is that political parties are not implemented into the startpos file.

All you basically need to do is have the following files at the following locations:

Step 1. The following files need to be in: Total War Attila\assembly_kit\raw_data\EmpireDesignData
    political_parties.xml
    faction_political_parties_junctions.xml
    political_parties_power_effect_bundles.xml

Step 1 screenshot:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Step 2. The following files need to be in: Total War Attila\assembly_kit\raw_data\EmpireDesignData\campaigns\main_attila
    political_parties.xml
    faction_political_parties_junctions.xml
    political_parties_power_effect_bundles.xml

Step 2 screenshot:

**Step 3. The following files need to be in: Total War Attila\assembly_kit\raw_data\EmpireDesignData\campaigns\main_attila
    'political_parties' in Total War Attila\assembly_kit\raw_data\EmpireDesignData\campaigns\main_attila\political_parties_tables
    'faction_political_parties_junctions' in Total War Attila\assembly_kit\raw_data\EmpireDesignData\campaigns\main_attila\faction_political_parties_junctions_tables
    'political_parties_power_effect_bundles' in Total War Attila\assembly_kit\raw_data\EmpireDesignData\campaigns\main_attila\political_parties_power_effect_bundles_tables

Step 3 screenshot:

**The above 3 files in step 3 are the files you can convert in BOB. Basically the raw_data > db files, converted into working_data, copy and pasted in the above locations.

Make sure all the files in every one of these locations are up to date. Now build the startpos through BOB. You will need to manually replace them again as you're changing them in TWeak.

Conclusion
    I am pretty sure other regular DB tables' content can be baked into the startpos the same way. From custom buildings to custom names, they only need to be present in the above location.

Random Tip
    If your startpos ever fails to build, make sure that all mods are disabled in the Attila launcher. While the startpos builder may ignore the Launcher as Attila starts, it'll still use those mods upon startup, if they're activated. When that happens and it conflicts with your startpos data, your startpos will not complete.
    Last edited by GrudgeNL; June 29, 2015 at 04:17 PM.

Default Re: Adding Poltical Parties to Startpos through the Assembly Kit

Thats a long way, you can do it realy simple!
    You find the tables in db, select the tables and extract, after this bring it in your .pack file and there you can edit your file!

Hope my english is good egnough to explain it correct!

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Musculus Maximus View Post
    Thats a long way, you can do it realy simple!
    You find the tables in db, select the tables and extract, after this bring it in your .pack file and there you can edit your file!

Hope my english is good egnough to explain it correct!
    Doesn't work for me. Whenever I build a startpos with political parties, they aren't added at all until I place the above files at the above locations before I open Bob. Adding the DB tables to a pack file, combined with the startpos that lacks any reference to those political parties, will result in a CTD. I've done a lot of different approaches yesterday, for nearly 6 hours long. Unless I've missed something crucial (which may very well be the case), I don't think it's that simple lol.
    Last edited by GrudgeNL; June 30, 2015 at 04:37 AM.

I have the same Problem, but when you use the complete file political parties, dont delete any entrys in these file, only add the new faction, than work it fine.