Thread: !Help needed! [Professional Advice]

Default !Help needed! [Professional Advice]

Hey
    Its been a while I have played total war games, its my favourite game and always will be. Last TW game I played was medieval total war 2 and had all the expansions. I stopped playing because of computer breaking down and I just did other things besides on computer. I feel like playing this game again and I get bored in my free time
    I am seeking advice on what computer to get in order to run Rome total war 2 and shogun total war 2 on high graphic setting. My budget is up to £200 but I can exceed to £300 if there is no other choice. I have found this http://www.freshtechsolutions.co.uk/...FYbItAodbxwGTA It looks good, but I lack knowledge in stuff like that so that is why I come here to seek help. I will buy Atilla the Hun total war if somehow I get a computer which can run that too. But I really want computer which can run tw total war 2 and shogun 2. I would appreciate all the help I can get Thanks
    Last edited by Squid; July 20, 2015 at 12:20 PM.

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Default Re: !Help needed! [Professional Advice]

Moved to the Basement Forum. --Squid
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

SPARTAN VI's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: !Help needed! [Professional Advice]

Are you able to build your own computer? If so, answer these questions:

-What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
    -What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
    -If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
    -Will you be overclocking?
    -What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it?
    -When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
    -What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video (as a backup or main GPU)? UEFI? etc.
    -Do you already have a reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?

I'm not experienced with AMD's APU's, which is what's inside the PC you linked, but I can imagine it wouldn't perform well in Rome 2 at high settings, and would be unplayable for Attila Total War. Your best bet would be to build your own with something like an Intel G3258 and GTX 750 Ti. It would probably play Attila on the max performance preset.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor (£48.80 @ Amazon UK)
    Motherboard: MSI H97M-E35 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£58.76 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£19.07 @ CCL Computers)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£39.91 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card (£99.14 @ CCL Computers)
    Case: Zalman ZM-T4 MicroATX Mini Tower Case (£17.99 @ Novatech)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic 350W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
    Total: £283.67
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

2016 TW: Warhammer Modding Winner!

SPARTAN VI's Building Progression Icons Mod
    Streaming Total War & Strategy Games - SPARTAN VI's Game Night