Hello there. I have a small suggestion for all our beloved modders out there (unfortunately I can't mod ): How about a mod for Attila depicting Medieval times? I am aware that some content is hardcoded and can't be changed with our current tools, however here are my ideas so far:
  • As far as I know, you can't change the settlement position on the overworld map, however, it is perfectly possible to change settlement data, like its name, which faction it belongs to, and settlement looks. I am usually a fan of historical accuracy, but I would gladly accept some cities which are a little off their actual locations for the greater good.
  • Factions can be reworked and even added, so we could rework the current factions, the unit roster and its settlements to completely new factions if I am not mistaken,

Considering these two points it would be possible to actually create a mod playing in medieval times. I already took a look at the custom battle mod with medieval units for Rome II and I don't see any reason why such a mod with a campaign shouldn't work if we accept the small limitations (settlement location, etc.). I already took a look at the map and did a small sketch which factions should be where. Please consider that some kingdoms have some chronogically wrong regions, but I tried to balance it a bit while keeping historical accuracy. Feel free to add new kingdoms or suggest changes to the current ones. Here is the list of the factions so far:
  1. Kingdom of Scotland (blue on the top left)
  2. Kingdom of England (red on the top left)
  3. Kingdom of France (light blue on the left)
  4. Crown of Castille (orange on the bottom left)
  5. Kingdom of Portugal (red on the bottom left)
  6. Umayyad Caliphate (green on the bottom left)
  7. Crown of Aragon (dark red on the bottom left)
  8. Holy Roman Empire (black in the middle)
  9. Republic of Genoa (light green in the middle)
  10. Republic of Venice (purple in the middle)
  11. Papal States (yellow in the middle)
  12. Kingdom of Sicily (white in the middle)
  13. Kingdom of Denmark (dark ted on the top)
  14. Kingdom of Sweden (light blue on the top)
  15. Kingdom of Poland (pinkt in the middle)
  16. Kingdom of Hungary (green in the middle)
  17. Novgorod Republic (blue on the top right)
  18. Byzantine Empire (light purple in the middle)
  19. Fatimid Calpihate (yellow on the bottom)
  20. Sultanate of Rum (orange on the right)