Thread: Best Total War for modding ?

Default Best Total War for modding ?

Hi everyone, I'm sorry about my English, this is not my mother tongue. And sorry if it's the wrong forum.

I would like to make a mod with new units and factions, and if possible edit the map but I'm not sure wich Total War would be the best one to do this (easiest or most options to modify).

I know that Medieval 2 would be a good one because there are mods like Third Age which looks like what I would like to do but maybe others are better.

Thanks for help !

Civis

Default Re: Best Total War for modding ?

med2 of course

Ok thank you for answering.

But why is med2 better than others ? Are there things I only can do with this game ?

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

You cannot edit campaign map for Attila or Rome 2...what is great limitation for some projects (like middlearth... ) Secondly a lot people would like to have every small village between Spain and China at least...else they cannot enjoy the game.

The battle engine, unit details and such things are of course better in Rome 2. Balance os of course problem for modders...

And if you need family trees and such things then you need Attila as Rome 2 is lacking some features..but then it is hard to add new characters arts for Attila so...
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Okay thank you that was a very precise answer !

Thus I'm going on Med 2 !