Thread: [Question] No Sassanid Puppet states?

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

Default [Question] No Sassanid Puppet states?

Is there a mod which incorporates most of the Sassanian puppet states into their kingdom properly?

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Senator

Default Re: [Question] No Sassanid Puppet states?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...w-Custom-Units

its in the development since Attila came out.Iit comes out probably in October.

The Iron Chancellor's Avatar Civis

Default Re: [Question] No Sassanid Puppet states?

Yes, there is. Please forgive me for the shameless plug, but I've just managed to complete a mod of my own design that does what you specify: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...assanid-Empire

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Chancellor View Post
    Salutations.

Below, you will find a relatively simple mod that makes a number of significant changes to the eastern portion of Grand Campaign map including:

I. Redistribution of the territories formerly belonging to Vassals of the Sassanid Empire: Abarshahr, Aria and Atropatene no longer exist. Merv (formerly of Parthia) also belongs to the Sassanid Empire.
    II. The division of Armenia: Tosp now belongs to the Eastern Roman Empire while Paytakaran belongs to the Sassanid Empire; Armenia retains Duin. I have done this to represent something of a power struggle within Armenia - while not ideal, this does allow for the Romans and Persians to construct religious buildings that will create tension and gives both superpowers a reason to fight in the Caucasus.
    III. Arran is a Sassanid Vassal.
    IV. The Afrigids are no longer Military Allies of the Sassanid Empire and the Lakhmids, Mazun and Makran are no longer Vassal states. The Lakhmids and Mazun are Defensive Allies instead.
    V. Armenia, Arran and Parthia are the only Sassanid Vassals (with one region each).
    VI. Alterations to the starting traits of Bahram. He still possesses the "Out of Favour" trait but has "Rules are Rules" and "Taxman" as opposed to "Harsh" and "Inefficient Administrator".
    VII. East Roman treasury doubled to 16000.

Screenshots:
    Attachment 330503Attachment 330502Attachment 330501Attachment 330500Attachment 330498Attachment 330499

Extra:
    I. Flavius Stilicho begins with the "Magister Militum" bodyguard unit.

Future Plans:
    I. Alter the colour of clothing worn by Sassanid Generals/Ruler to be red. Especially Bahram. I don't know how to do this, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
    II. Change Makran to the westernmost territory of the Gupta Empire and the Afrigids to the Hephtalite Empire. This would involve extensive modification for the former Afrigids by changing their unit roster to something of a combination between the Huns/Nomads and the Sassanids, without access to the "super units" of either. Further, I would add a state of war between the two which could result in fighting taking place on Sassanid territory, creating something of a distraction/problem in the east - the sort we've been asking for from CA.
    III. Bug fixes.

Compatibility:
    Anything that does not alter the startpos, unless this mod loads first.

Disclaimer:
    The above screenshots showcase the "Faction Leaders Mod" by KLAssurbanipal (give him your support!) and the "Faction Emblems Mod" by Noif de Bodemloze (give him your support too!). They are separate works and are not a part of this mod.

Download:
    https://www.mediafire.com/?v6fl1w3qe746xa4
    "Diversity in counsel, unity in command."
    - Cyrus the Great