Thread: New UI (Finished Kislev UI 5.1.2015)

Vette's Avatar Civis

Default New UI (Finished Kislev UI 5.1.2015)

I started to "play" with Sylvanian UI some time ago and things were going well to the point where I lost lower left part of UI, with it I guess I lost the will to continue as well.
    Week ago I started Kislev for the first time and the first thing I noticed was bleak UI, I was "playing" with it and so far nothing is missing. I was experimenting a lot, learning on mistakes, of wich some gave interesting results. It is not finished yet but it is playable.

Instalation
    There are 2 folders first is named Kislev and Kislev Funky (Kislvev Funky contains mistake but it looks kinda cool so I have put it there if someone likes it).
    Paste the content of Kislev(or Kislev Funky) folder into:
    RODG(COW)/data/ui/eastern_european/interface.
    Dont forget to backup original files!
    Idk how to put screenshots in that gray tab so I have attached them(would be nice if someone could explain how to do it)

EDIT
    I have finished Kislev UI here are the screens(1 forom vanilla and 3 from new UI so you can compare) and files .

EDIT
    Screen from Sylvania UI in progres added
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0001.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Vette; January 05, 2015 at 02:29 PM.

Vette's Avatar Civis

Default Re: New UI (Finished Kislev UI+Sylvania UI preview 21.09.2012.)

I finaly finished Sylvania UI, it took me more then I wanted to becouse of Guild Wars 2, basicly I had less and less time to work on the mod as I was spending more and more time playing GW2. I finaly figured it would be a good thing to finish what I started and that I will do.
    Kislev and Sylvania battle UI will come tho I cant say for sure when, I plan to make them on theme but distinct form campaign UI.
    Make sure to backup Empire UI,so when you play Empire you can just switch UI back(Empire and Sylvania share culture and thus the UI)by going to COW or RODG/data/ui/southern_european/interface and backuping either whole interface folder or 6 UI files inside(sharedpage_00 , _01 and startpage_01 , _02, _03, _04)that way you can change between Sylvania and Empire UI any time you like.

Instalation: open interface folder and copy files
    COW or RODG/data/ui/southern_european/interface

Screens

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: New UI (Finished Kislev, Sylvania UI 14.11.2012)

It looks cool!

Vette's Avatar Civis

I was playing alot with Kislev lately.So I ended up making new UI.It is still unfinished,need to remove some icons and fix few things.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kislev.png  

Hey vette any tips on making a good UI i couldnt really find any decent tutorial and was thinking on making one for skaven 1.6 in call of warhammer but IAm kind of struggling to understand how to get a UI in game the tutorial is confusing. I just see a layout in all the other faction UIs not sure how it works and the tutrial I Viewd just shows layout and dosent go into any depth on how to make or create or get new contnet in game. If you have any tips like how to make the 2d art required for UI I would love to hear them. I hope you could give some insight and that would be appreciated as i have never made a UI before so anything you think would be useful would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    PS I think your work is awesome congratulations
    Last edited by goblinking; September 24, 2015 at 11:49 AM.

Vette's Avatar Civis

Default Re: New UI (Finished Kislev UI 5.1.2015)

I used this tutorial:http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...s-making-an-UI.
    I also used GIMP its a very simple easy to master tool.
    Hve fun!