Thread: Battle background sounds (ambience)

Default Battle background sounds (ambience)

Hello. I am about to finish my mod for RTW 1.6 and one thing is a problem still: Sometimes, often in deserts, you hear no ambience background sound in battles. That is sound like wind or birds. In most battles you can hear them, but not in some. My question is, where are those files located? Could not find anything in google...
    "The only thing we learn from history is that we never learn from history."
    CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4,0 Ghz LGA 1150 | GPU: MSI AMD Radeon R9 280X 3GB DRR5 | RAM: G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U CL10 16 GB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO Basic 500 GB SATA 6 GB/s | PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 CM 630 Watt | MBU: ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer LGA1150 ATX
    Steam | Origin | Battlelog | Pics
    Austrian Company GC

Default Re: Battle background sounds (ambience)

Why cant anyone help me?
    "The only thing we learn from history is that we never learn from history."
    CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4,0 Ghz LGA 1150 | GPU: MSI AMD Radeon R9 280X 3GB DRR5 | RAM: G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U CL10 16 GB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO Basic 500 GB SATA 6 GB/s | PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 CM 630 Watt | MBU: ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer LGA1150 ATX
    Steam | Origin | Battlelog | Pics
    Austrian Company GC

Are you looking for the actual sound files or the txt files that tell the game which files to use and where?

you may have corrupted sound files, or a missing file if they are missing, or the timings are off, is it a constant silence, or just intermittent?

almost all the sound txt files have the word "sound" in them, they are findable in /data/ in an unpacked game. ambients are spread among a few files. for instance "descr_sounds_enviro.txt" has environmental ambients, like forests, lakes etc.
    "descr_sounds_structures.txt" has building ambient sounds like farms, blacksmiths etc.

the sound files you will have to unpack first, they are in data/sounds when unpacked.

most of the ambient sounds are in /data/sounds/SFX/ sub-folders
    /data/sounds/voice/human/localized/battle_map/ has some unit ambients

how to deactivate the ing ocean sound that I hear all the time in the background in every map? I think it is the ocean sound. But I cannot remove it or lower it's volume. I even deleted the "descr_sounds_enviro.txt" file and the sounds are still there. Someone help please!