Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: No more unit replacement - Updated to Celtic Factions and Garrison Fix

Default Re: No more unit replacement - Updated to Celtic Factions and Garrison Fix

Since you made a version with just unit replacement only, I used that instead and had no issues. Thanks again and keep up the great work.

Default Re: No more unit replacement - Updated to Celtic Factions and Garrison Fix

HUmphries, can you make the legio comitatenses recruitable in the mod? i don't want to upgrade it, it is such a badass unit, the ERE version has shield based on the V macedonica, a unit which existed untill the late 7 century.

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by stalker33 View Post
    HUmphries, can you make the legio comitatenses recruitable in the mod? i don't want to upgrade it, it is such a badass unit, the ERE version has shield based on the V macedonica, a unit which existed untill the late 7 century.
    I can remove the upgrade from legio comitatenses to eastern roman legio that way you have to upgrade cohors and legio to get legio comitatenses and you then can recruit legio comitatenses and eastern roman legio

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by HUmphries_2594 View Post
    I can remove the upgrade from legio comitatenses to eastern roman legio that way you have to upgrade cohors and legio to get legio comitatenses and you then can recruit legio comitatenses and eastern roman legio
    That's been done to both downloads and new links up so you can choose which you prefer

Thanks a lot

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by stalker33 View Post
    Thanks a lot
    No problem mate enjoy!

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

I want to say that this recruitment system is very very close to accuracy!
    Bravo!
    I wonder if you would try an expanded and more complicated version of it.
    1st: Bigger diferences between unit tiers.
    The more high class the more cost.
    2nd: Javelinears and levy archers 1 turn recruitment.
    3rd: Rename of sciut equites to Exploratores (the name means scouts).
    4th Rename Exploratores to Lanciarii Minores (if you could give them two javelins /actually two short spears) and the sword they have now.
    That unit can be ONLY guarrison one.
    5th Script the Unit Magister Millitum to General character panel...Example when he must unlock a spesific skill! That means that this general is promoted and has better guards.
    Protectores Domestici and Palatina units must be only guarisson units.
    6th: Limitanei Spearmen must have no body armor.
    7th: Scholae Palatinae must return to recruitment as hiest tier unit.
    Also....a tiny bug.. The extra options for generals unit are in verical position and not visible to chose them!
    Maybe Rome II could give you the answer to this!
    Unless a overhaull roster can be made , your mod is the better there is!! BRAVO!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    I want to say that this recruitment system is very very close to accuracy!
    Bravo!
    I wonder if you would try an expanded and more complicated version of it.
    1st: Bigger diferences between unit tiers.
    The more high class the more cost.
    2nd: Javelinears and levy archers 1 turn recruitment.
    3rd: Rename of sciut equites to Exploratores (the name means scouts).
    4th Rename Exploratores to Lanciarii Minores (if you could give them two javelins /actually two short spears) and the sword they have now.
    That unit can be ONLY guarrison one.
    5th Script the Unit Magister Millitum to General character panel...Example when he must unlock a spesific skill! That means that this general is promoted and has better guards.
    Protectores Domestici and Palatina units must be only guarisson units.
    6th: Limitanei Spearmen must have no body armor.
    7th: Scholae Palatinae must return to recruitment as hiest tier unit.
    Also....a tiny bug.. The extra options for generals unit are in verical position and not visible to chose them!
    Maybe Rome II could give you the answer to this!
    Unless a overhaull roster can be made , your mod is the better there is!! BRAVO!
    Why the palatini should be only garrison?

For some reason I can't recruit Legio Comitatenses. I can recruit Legio and Cohors but not Legio Comitatenses. I was wondering why?

Quote Originally Posted by TotalDonutWar View Post
    For some reason I can't recruit Legio Comitatenses. I can recruit Legio and Cohors but not Legio Comitatenses. I was wondering why?
    What I mean by that is that when I have the research to replace Legio, I can not recruit new Legio Comitatenses but I can replace Legio with them.

Libertus

This mod is live on steam workshop

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by TotalDonutWar View Post
    What I mean by that is that when I have the research to replace Legio, I can not recruit new Legio Comitatenses but I can replace Legio with them.
    i'll look into this is this the same with both roman factions or just the one your playing

The Iron Chancellor's Avatar Civis

Agreed. Scholae Palatinae should return as a high tier unit! Also, are Cohors back in this mod now or am I mistaken?

Thank you for your hard work, HUmphries.

Quote Originally Posted by HUmphries_2594 View Post
    i'll look into this is this the same with both roman factions or just the one your playing
    I have fixed the issue. Turns out is was something I messed up myself accidently when editing the technology tree to unlock magister militum later on. Must have accidently changed the Legio --> Legio Comitatenses technology requirement. My bad.

So am I wrong or is there no way to recruit Scholae Gentiles with this mod? Also I know it's not accurate but can you make a version where there is no replacement at all and I can recruit cohors, legio, and legio comitatenses as well as choose palatina guards and comes for my general even if i have magister militum unlocked?

It appears the Just No More Replacement mod bugs Germanic Horsemen from being in the game. They aren't recruitable. I went from Germanic Mounted Warband, no upgrade to Germanic Horsemen or ability to recruit them. Then I eventually researched Noble Germanic Horsemen and just recruited them.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456