Thread: My idea for a flying car...

Default My idea for a flying car...

My idea for a flying car...

The image below shows my idea for what i call a flyer [flying car/vehicle]. The basic principle is to utilise lift instead of thrust momentum as the means of take-off and flight. This means it wont blow air everywhere and doesn't have dangerous blades [also has safety micro-gauze around wing-mesh], thus providing an improvement to helicopters and a greater diversity of landing potential. The essential idea is simple, if e.g. You tied a small rc plane to a pole by wire, it could take off and land as usual but in circular fashion, so if you had hundreds of them they would do the same. Now add a spoke to connect them to the pole and they would lift en masse as a complete unit. Each disk of wings added together [4X4] would give similar amount of lift to a small light aircraft, where essentially we are rearranging the functionality of such a craft into this form.

The vehicle would be mostly composed of artificial black diamond [using my carbon manifestor invention idea [like a 3D printer but not that]] and so is extremely light in weight, and 5 times stronger than the finest steel. The method this version uses is what i call a ‘wing-mesh’ which is a collection of small wings in multiple disks, connected by carbon wires in rings such to provide tilting action akin to take off position for aircraft. A small [non-drive] propeller can be added in front of the oncoming rotation segment of the wing-mesh, so as to create greater air density. A set of multiple small main drive propellers are stationed at the rear of the vehicle and are switched on once the vehicle is say 30ft in the air. they are small so as to provide a smaller thrust vector. The ultra-high-speed motors will have carbonado [black diamond] wires for lightness [instead of copper] and greater rotary speed, this due to the material having 5 times greater conductivity than copper.

Ideally as the inventor i would make it very reliable with 3D vision provided by cameras [and emergency parachutes] at the four corners, along with all available detection technology.

_

Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

Default Re: My idea for a flying car...

Holy quetz, long time no see !

I presume you made the 3D art ? Very nice ! Can't say I fully understand the cientific reasoning behind it though, I'll have to go over it a few more times. Also this seems like it'd be more appropriate in the Atheneum section ?

Hello mate long time no speak eh!Well i also uploaded it on physics forums and have been having a right ding dong with them about it lol, but they are thinking of it as like a helicopter rather than a rearranges aircraft [my thinking on that is below...]. Graphically i made it in 2d and kinda with i had learned 3d modelling ~ would have helped with modding too eh. So i put it here on the art forum to discuss the design etc in a more casual manner, but yea i suppose i should have put it in the Atheneum section. Maybe a mod could move it.Hows everything with you these days? I’ve been through divorce bla bla and its been tough, and kinda lost touch with modding ~ the graphical side of things have changed so much, and now you have limited hues/colours because the normal mapping and scaling vectors or something like that. I made a few smalll mods for skyrim but the game wont work well with my contrast and hue tricks, something about the weighting, though i haven’t worked all that out as yet. So i’ve been working on a few invention ideas and sci-fi art, atm i am working on edgeless doors, which open from any point using independent self connecting nano-machine-cells. Once i got that figured out the next step will be lightweight exoskeletons and robot bodies. Its not a big deal or anything to me, i just like to spread ideas because the way i see it, new ideas generate further ideas and the whole thing moves on and upwards, know what i mean.----Two principles...

Helicopter; forces air at great velocity such to push itself upwards.

Aircraft; forces itself through the air at great velocity to give lift.

These are opposites.

The wing-mesh system works by the second principle!

+

If the wing surface area multiplied by rotational speed, is the same as that and lateral speed, the two things will do the same job!

Where a light aircraft can gain lift of at say 80mph, then a vehicle of the same weight with the same wing surface area, will gain lift at the same speed but in rotational terms.

This may vary somewhat by design, yet the rotational speed required by the wing-mesh would be many times less than that of a propeller or helicopter blades. Ergo less noise, and less wind.
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

i'm struggling with how this forum works these days doh.