Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: The Big Attila Survey

Default Re: The Big Attila Survey - New results in 2nd May

Quote Originally Posted by Fredrin View Post
    Cheers, dako. That's the goal

Still open here if you missed it first time around:

http://kwiksurveys.com/s/323bu00dhuc3bp8502733

Thanks!

I have one tiny issue with the survey however, i feel that the question where it ask us to rate the "No acces to lower tech units" as underpowered or overpowered it not really clear, i personally found myself having doubt about what meant what:
    If i rate it OP does it means that it is too restrictive?
    If i rate it as UP does it means it is not restrictive enough?

Quote Originally Posted by dako93 View Post
    Thanks!

I have one tiny issue with the survey however, i feel that the question where it ask us to rate the "No acces to lower tech units" as underpowered or overpowered it not really clear, i personally found myself having doubt about what meant what:
    If i rate it OP does it means that it is too restrictive?
    If i rate it as UP does it means it is not restrictive enough?
    Haha, oh dear. Many people had this problem I meant to change the wording for this but that would have meant kissing goodbye to about 1,000 results on that section of the survey!

The way I meant it to come across was that if you thought the lack of access to lower tech units was problematic, then it was an overpowered mechanic. But as it's basically a binary choice, the wording is confusing.

The way I interpreted the results on this was that any strong response probably equated to an unsatisfied response, whereas people who were neutral were happy with it. Kind of interesting when you look at them (on the bottom row here):

http://imgur.com/G4uFjIa

It seems there was quite a big turn out of people who weren't happy with auto-upgrade system in this game and I'm kind of with them on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredrin View Post

Haha, oh dear. Many people had this problem I meant to change the wording for this but that would have meant kissing goodbye to about 1,000 results on that section of the survey!

The way I meant it to come across was that if you thought the lack of access to lower tech units was problematic, then it was an overpowered mechanic. But as it's basically a binary choice, the wording is confusing.

The way I interpreted the results on this was that any strong response probably equated to an unsatisfied response, whereas people who were neutral were happy with it. Kind of interesting when you look at them (on the bottom row here):

http://imgur.com/G4uFjIa

It seems there was quite a big turn out of people who weren't happy with auto-upgrade system in this game and I'm kind of with them on that one.
    Ok, that makes sence.

I personally think that:
    - Corruption had a little bit too strong effect.
    - Fertility was fine over all, but i would not have minded if there were certain regions of the map that were not affected by climate change. Making them more valuable and desired by everybody.
    - Agent skills were fine.
    - Hun spam was fine.
    - The AI desolated regions way too often, the mechanic makes sense for the Huns and the Nomadic tribes but Civilized factions and even Barbarians should not be so trigger happy.
    - Great Power effect was too strong.
    - Maintaining army integrity was ok, if anything it was too easy to do so.
    - No access to lower tier units was something i disliked a lot, it is not like in this period there were significant army reforms like the Marian or Augustan Reforms. It was very bad implemented too, with units changing into units from other classes, or higher tier units being hardly an upgrade while costing 2x times more, etc.
    - Diplomacy with AI also had it's fare amount of issues, i think most of them were linked to the Big Power penalties.
    - Rapid Imperium also had it's flaws in my opinion, it was way too easy to raise the Imperium by simply researching new tech, in my opinion it should have been more linked/focused on conquest and battles rather than research.
    Last edited by removeduser_45762834756; October 07, 2015 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dako93 View Post
    Ok, that makes sence.

I personally think that:
    - Corruption had a little bit too strong effect.
    - Fertility was fine over all, but i would not have minded if there were certain regions of the map that were not affected by climate change. Making them more valuable and desired by everybody.
    - Agent skills were fine.
    - Hun spam was fine.
    - The AI desolated regions way too often, the mechanic makes sense for the Huns and the Nomadic tribes but Civilized factions and even Barbarians should not be so trigger happy.
    - Great Power effect was too strong.
    - Maintaining army integrity was ok, if anything it was too easy to do so.
    - No access to lower tier units was something i disliked a lot, it is not like in this period there were significant army reforms like the Marian or Augustan Reforms. It was very bad implemented too, with units changing into units from other classes, or higher tier units being hardly an upgrade while costing 2x times more, etc.
    - Diplomacy with AI also had it's fare amount of issues, i think most of them were linked to the Big Power penalties.
    - Rapid Imperium also had it's flaws in my opinion, it was way too easy to raise the Imperium by simply researching new tech, in my opinion it should have been more linked/focused on conquest and battles rather than research.
    Uncanny. I agree with you on literally every point here.

What's even more interesting is that, maybe with the exception of Hun spam, these impressions are on average shared by the 4,000 or so other people who took the survey!

The only thing the results can't tell us is why people feel that way about certain things

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213