Star Wars Battlefront Beta Minimum Specs:

• CPU: Intel i3 6300T or equivalent
    • RAM: 8GB RAM
    • GPU: ATI Radeon HD 7850 2GB or Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB - DirectX 11.0

Star Wars Battlefront Beta Recommended Specs:

• CPU: Intel i5 6600 or equivalent
    • RAM: 16GB RAM
    • GPU: AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB or Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4GB - DirectX 11.1

Jesus Christ my computer would catch on fire!

Default Re: Star Wars: Battlefront

My concerns so far:

-Hoth is a mess. Heavily geared towards an Imperial victory.
    -The 40 player limit just eludes me. Just make it 64 like a normal game.
    -The AT-AT's are horrifically powerful. You should see the poor Rebels trying to take both of them down.
    -Luke glides across the map it seems.
    -VERY easy to be flanked on any of the 3 maps.

There are definitely some balance issues to be fixed. I have won as rebels, but it is difficult to do so, you have to have a good team. You can use the air speeders to grapple walkers, I failed horribly in an attempt though!

mrmouth's Avatar flaxen haired argonaut

^ You have to be on a totally stacked team to win on Hoth. Which isn't uncommon. I played my first games just after noon and it was a really fun experience when everyone was feeling it out. Ten hours later it dissolved into showing every bad characteristic of multiplayer gaming.

I'm happy for the five day beta. I got to play it and had a bit of fun. But at nearly 40 I just don't have the patience to play with teenagers who haven't seen the sun in days because they are mastering the art of getting behind teams and shooting people in the back in walkers. As if that is what multiplayer gaming needed - another way to grief people.

I think I've finally outgrown MP shooters. It's actually a good feeling. I'd rather put my money and time into games like Witcher than deal with horrible people on the internet. I might get a month out of it if I bought it, anyhow.
    Last edited by mrmouth; October 09, 2015 at 04:25 AM.
    The fascists of the future will be called anti-fascists
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity

kambiz's Avatar Ordinarius

One important question regarding the game ,Is it possible to hop onto vehicles/ships and control them from behind their cockpits? (that means do they have any internal designes?)

Also does the game have singleplayer campagin worthy to be bought for it alone?

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Yeah you can control the starfighters from first person. I come from TOR's GSF and we've found that SF gameplay isn't going to be very great unless they seperate the yaw and roll into two controls, because currently you yaw and roll at the same time. Furthermore the SF controls are really jerky on console, it's a to aim.

But when in a SF on PC (too difficult to do this on console due to the controls, although it's possible it's slow) we found the trick is to switch to cockpit mode for the fixed aiming reticule when shooting and then switch back for maneuvering and finding an enemy.

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

Downloading right now, can't wait to see how bad it is.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Optimism. Nice.

Don't know if I have the space plus I have other games to play.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Quote Originally Posted by gastovski View Post
    Downloading right now, can't wait to see how bad it is.
    That's the most stupid thing I've read all week.

When you do play it, could you please not bother posting your opinion here ?

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

I'm not going to start a stupid debate because you are not worth it.

So, about the game.. i actually enjoyed vehicle combat both air and ground. The Hoth map is a mess for the rebel scums, most of time i lost the match vs Empire seriously the game needs serious balance but we'll have to see other maps and game mods before fully judge.

Also don't worry about those PC recommends it's all . I ultra'ed everything except Shadows and FXAA on high. I was getting decent fps with i5-4590, 3gb r9 280, 16gb ram and hdd. All I can say is that the game is well optimized.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

From the few matches I've played it's really fun. Still I don't know whether I'll buy this at full price.

Back when I was in college I could play Counter Strike, Day of Defeat, Battlefield, Halo etc. multiplayer for hours at a time. Now, I can play 3 or 4 matches of a multiplayer shooter, but then I'm pretty much done with it for a while.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

It's running amazingly well on my PC. I have a GTX 980, i7 6700k and 16GB of RAM.

I've only done the co-op thing (by myself) so far but it definitely feels like a Star Wars game.
    Of course that could all change when I get stuck in to the multiplayer part, as that is the main portion of the game.

I guess it's more than excellent news that the game is well optimized and relatively polished for a beta and more importantly for a (EA) game that's about to be released in autumn season.

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

It has issues with systems that have switchable graphics, but if you have an Nvidia you can fix that. Can't figure out how to fix that on my Laptop, but managed to get it to run on my Surface Pro 3 for a while.

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

One thing to note about Hoth's balance is that it was the exact opposite during the Alpha, so they basically switched. From what I've gathered during the beta only the rebels could use the turrets, now the Empire can as well.

I've pretty much been sold on the game though, runs solidly and I'm really enjoying it. While it's not the same as BF2 and BF1 which I sunk countless hours into with my brothers, it's still fairly good and I'm certain we'll play a lot of it.
    Last edited by IlluminatiRex; October 09, 2015 at 11:59 PM.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

One epic hilarious moment:

Playing the game for free was alright, but I would have been disappointed if I actually spent 60 bucks on it. The Rebels get smashed every time on Hoth. I probably played 10 matches and I never saw the Rebels win. Playing on the different sides from an infantry standpoint became sort of redundant too. Both factions felt the exact same when they should really have a defensive/offensive feeling. You're basically just running around blasting like crazy; there's little organization to anything. I mean, i don't really get what the trenches are for. They felt more like just an obstacle course in the map than something the Rebels got as a defensive advantage in keeping back the Imperials.

On top of that, it appears EA or DICE or whoever, has completely bailed out on teamwork. This is still beta, so maybe they'll roll out squads, but i doubt it. Not that it matters exactly, because I haven't seen a full squad of unrelated people using mics working together on a BF game since Bad Company 2.

Glad they let me play the beta, maybe I'll buy it when it's 50% off...

Quote Originally Posted by brandbll View Post
    Playing the game for free was alright, but I would have been disappointed if I actually spent 60 bucks on it. The Rebels get smashed every time on Hoth. I probably played 10 matches and I never saw the Rebels win. Playing on the different sides from an infantry standpoint became sort of redundant too. Both factions felt the exact same when they should really have a defensive/offensive feeling. You're basically just running around blasting like crazy; there's little organization to anything. I mean, i don't really get what the trenches are for. They felt more like just an obstacle course in the map than something the Rebels got as a defensive advantage in keeping back the Imperials.

On top of that, it appears EA or DICE or whoever, has completely bailed out on teamwork. This is still beta, so maybe they'll roll out squads, but i doubt it. Not that it matters exactly, because I haven't seen a full squad of unrelated people using mics working together on a BF game since Bad Company 2.

Glad they let me play the beta, maybe I'll buy it when it's 50% off...
    I highly disagree on the teamwork aspect on Hoth at the very least. You haven't won Hoth as rebels because you haven't seen teamwork at play. Blame that on the players. Teamwork is how you win as rebels, that is on your team not EA or DICE. Teamwork is literally the only way you win as rebels, I have seen, and to actually take down both walkers you have to have a lot of coordination and teamwork in the air, and the ground to finish them in time. Rebel air superiority is a force to be reckoned with. I have been getting more and more Hoth matches where rebels have taken down the first walker and gotten the second to half (or close to) on the first vulnerability phase. Concentrated air strikes, good defense keeping the Imperials back, etc. You cannot do that alone, and I would definitely not recommend going out alone as infantry on Hoth. Teamwork, yeah I can agree, in part, on the Dropzone, but you still need teamwork to keep the enemies off your pod, that thing can get ninja capped very quickly! Teams working as a team on drop zone also fair much better, along with concentrated special abilities you can turn the tide of the match. Besides dropzone is pretty much deathmatch anyway, the map is tiny, the objective is the only constant, and that gets thrown around wherever. The imperials get so many extra boosts on Hoth, walker fire (including at-sts that can wreak havoc left unchecked), seemingly closer spawns to the points, at least at the first line of defense. Against uncoordinated rebels Imps are allowed to zerg.

I highly doubt you are going to see squad game play as coordinated as Red Orchestra, in this title which will be drawing from a much larger audience than those fairly niche shooters, even if those features were implemented.
    Last edited by SturmChurro; October 10, 2015 at 08:14 AM.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

So I liked the drop zone a lot.

Hoth is so unbalanced it's not even enjoyable to play as a rebel.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Quote Originally Posted by SturmChurro View Post
    I highly disagree on the teamwork aspect on Hoth at the very least. You haven't won Hoth as rebels because you haven't seen teamwork at play. Blame that on the players. Teamwork is how you win as rebels, that is on your team not EA or DICE. Teamwork is literally the only way you win as rebels, I have seen, and to actually take down both walkers you have to have a lot of coordination and teamwork in the air, and the ground to finish them in time. Rebel air superiority is a force to be reckoned with. I have been getting more and more Hoth matches where rebels have taken down the first walker and gotten the second to half (or close to) on the first vulnerability phase. Concentrated air strikes, good defense keeping the Imperials back, etc. You cannot do that alone, and I would definitely not recommend going out alone as infantry on Hoth.
    How am i supposed to work with my team when I can't even communicate with any of them? Communication is the biggest aspect of teamwork, and you can't communicate with anyone in the game! Not only that, but the intelligence level of a lot of these people playing doesn't help out in that field either. The person on the radio says "The shields are down, now focus all your fire on those walkers", and 3/4th's of the people on your team literally stop and just sit there and blast it with their peashooters while a wave of stormtroopers runs up and mows them all down. There isn't a way to avoid that.

Battlefield 3 and especially 4 were a lot like that as well. Teamwork was horrible and it was basically everyone just running around doing their own thing. Now they've removed squads completely and just made it official.