View Poll Results: Will you boycott this game

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I will boycott this game to condemn corporate exploitative practise

5 50.00%
  • No, I will NOT boycott this game because I wish to indulge game stripping DLCs

5 50.00%
  • Undecided

0 0%

Thread: Boycott the game in its initial release, if only for the first week

Default Boycott the game in its initial release, if only for the first week

So I've posted a thread yesterday reasoning 'why we shouldnt pre-order the game' and more crucially, why should we boycott it.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

But one of our wise moderator in his eternal wisdom, with no CA affiliation im sure, saw fit to merge and bury that post with another popular thread - 'why you should pre-order.'
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Honesty I'm a bit disgruntled by this 'coincidental' merge because well:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	THOUGHT-THIS-WAS-AMERICA.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	390.5 KB 
ID:	331530

If Donald Trump can have his dissenting views on the front page of every major media outlet why should my be silenced?

So I'm making another thread, a poll, hopefully more authentic this time, to see a show of hands and solidarity, of how many of us will boycott this game.

Edit: a video released by angry joe on this warhammer pre-release DLC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIogQDIq4po
    Last edited by youngfool; October 23, 2015 at 09:41 PM.
    Reg: They've taken everything we had and what have they ever given us in return!?
    Xerxes: The aqueduct. Reg: Oh yeah, yeah they gave us that. Yeah that's true.
    Activist 1: And the sanitation!
    Stan: Oh yes...sanitation, Reg you remember what the city used to be like.
    Reg: all right, that's two things that the Romans have done...
    Matthias: And the roads...
    Reg: Well yes obviously the roads goes without saying. But apart from...
    Activist 2, 3, 4, 5: Irrigation...Medicine...Education...and the wine...
    Francis: Yeah the wine. That's something we'd really miss if the Romans left.

Default Re: Boycott the game in its initial release, if only for the first week

Your poll is terrible. Try not to throw your own biases into it because none of those options apply to most people.

Make it less biased and I will vote in this poll.

I voted I won't boycott because this is risk-free DLC. I don't plan on pre-ordering other DLC, just this one, because it's the only way to get it free and I can renege if the game is terrible. You all need to calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by Person012345 View Post
    Your poll is terrible. Try not to throw your own biases into it because none of those options apply to most people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody0 View Post
    Make it less biased and I will vote in this poll.
    Yes, truth can be very bias, welcome to reality.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidtheDuke View Post
    I voted I won't boycott because this is risk-free DLC. I don't plan on pre-ordering other DLC, just this one, because it's the only way to get it free and I can renege if the game is terrible.
    "it's the only way to get it free?" You know what else can get you this DLC for free? Have CA to include this stripped content in the first place. The Chaso race is one of several default races in the warhammer universe and they have been stripped as a DLC for what? So they can punish people whom refuses to support this corporate exploitative practice and late comers to the franchise?

To repeat an example ive used in one of the earlier posts, this practice is equivalent as offering 'free' roofs and walls as we purchase their houses, and eventually convince us to paying addition for its doors, lights and windows.

Their are feeding us with false generosities, shoving it down our throats and leaving us craving for more, its pure evil.
    Reg: They've taken everything we had and what have they ever given us in return!?
    Xerxes: The aqueduct. Reg: Oh yeah, yeah they gave us that. Yeah that's true.
    Activist 1: And the sanitation!
    Stan: Oh yes...sanitation, Reg you remember what the city used to be like.
    Reg: all right, that's two things that the Romans have done...
    Matthias: And the roads...
    Reg: Well yes obviously the roads goes without saying. But apart from...
    Activist 2, 3, 4, 5: Irrigation...Medicine...Education...and the wine...
    Francis: Yeah the wine. That's something we'd really miss if the Romans left.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Yes I will boycott this game!

Chris P. Bacon's Avatar Semisalis

They have my pre-order already

Steammmm refundsssss

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon View Post
    They have my pre-order already

Steammmm refundsssss
    Would only work if you pre-decide to refund. Otherwise they'll cut 2 races out of the next installment of the series.

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

There is already a thread which deals with the topic of pre-ordering. You're free to discuss the merits of either not pre-ordering, or pre-ordering there. As well, if you wish to comment on moderation, please do so in the Moderation Commentary Thread. Closed.
    Last edited by IlluminatiRex; October 23, 2015 at 10:07 PM.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?