Thread: Request: Mounted Lance+Shield Charge Animation Change

Default Request: Mounted Lance+Shield Charge Animation Change

We have all seen the awesome animations done for Attila and Rome II and that it is possible to make alot of changes in that area of the game.

- My suggestion is very simple:

1. find one of the very talented animators for Attila or Rome II and have them construct a new charge animation for cavalry with shield and lance. I would take inspiration from Medieval II´s charge animation.

2. Once the charge is over and its time for the non combat animations, have the knights put their lances on their backs and instead start fighting with their swords.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Because lets all be very frank here, the mod looks outstanding but that lance+shield charge leaves everything to be desired

Default Re: Request: Mounted Lance+Shield Charge Animation Change

As much as I loved the lance charge animation from medieval II, it is probably a fair amount of work for the modders, and it really only provides a visual enhancement to the game. So for me my biggest hope for the mod is not new animations for the knight charges but the addition of cool historical units for me to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by sschneider1998 View Post
    As much as I loved the lance charge animation from medieval II, it is probably a fair amount of work for the modders, and it really only provides a visual enhancement to the game. So for me my biggest hope for the mod is not new animations for the knight charges but the addition of cool historical units for me to play with.
    Wich is why they need to outsource the task and find a previously skilled animator like Petro from steam workshop, he did a great job with his mod "Reworked Animations"s

Dude that's literally what we've been doing for a few months now. Also Petro just re-implements unused or rarely used animations in his mod. Please get your facts straight before you make a whole new thread just to bash something we didn't do. Closed.