Thread: Help me find the right combat mod

Default Help me find the right combat mod

I've basically played with combat mods since release, I think I had a full 3 battles with standard BAI. The thing is, my favorite mod so far, DeI Combat, is not being updated. Close Combat has a bit too much armor and too bad archers for my taste, although I really like the changes to cav. Now there's still Radious and lots of smaller mods I've never checked out. What I'm looking for is at least a bit slower combat, change to AP mechanics, changes to Cav charge and balanced archers.

So which mods should I be looking into now that I'm fresh out of one? I don't want any mod that touches CAI as well, just the fighting and units.
    "I'm playing the damn bongos and the world can go to hell."
    - James Dean

Default Re: Help me find the right combat mod

Tried what you mentioned, but settled for this:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=492291351

It still needs an AOC update. Hope its what you're looking for.

Let's hope DeI combat gets updated soon. It's really my number one's mod for Attila and also the only reason why I rather wait instead of buying the DLC right away.

Thanks for that, jaserms. Shares many of DeI's strong points, like getting unit cost and stats in line. Going to have to try it once it works for the Charlemagne campaign. Tower nerf mod doesn't need an update and double garrisons is just a matter of startpos changes, might try that myself. Magnar has a video on it.
    "I'm playing the damn bongos and the world can go to hell."
    - James Dean

Foederatus

Just wait for DEI , or....I dont know because for me its DEI also best.
    Not just best but only possible since rest of the mods are completely rubish compared to DEI.
    For example because only DEI removing scifi magic ammo types and unit abilitties.
    TOO DAMN BAD that mod is probably dead

Try "Sebidee's better battles" mod.