Thread: Ideas for Late Campaign!

Domesticus

Default Ideas for Late Campaign!

LordSith posted a couple topics prior to the forum rollback, where he wanted research on the Seven Years War and a later campaign, I believe he said 1777

So, I'll post and hopefully he sees this

I think a good late campaign might be 1792. You'd have the United States, and Revolutionary France, however, Poland-Lithuania would still exist and you could change history for them

However, theres a new mod, 1800, thats in the same time frame, so that might not be cool. Not sure the rules of modding for that

For my personal tastes, I'd like the late campaign to feature Poland-Lithuania as a playable faction, even if they are to be overrun.

On a historical note for that, the Polish had Winged Hussar regiments until 1777, when the last one was disbanded. I'd say for a campaign in 1777 to have them for sure. Personally I'd say for a 1792 campaign too, just as an early unit for the lulz, and well, I have an obsession with Winged Hussars and I'd put them in a World War II game if I had the choice

Default Re: Ideas for Late Campaign!

What can I say....

I still don't think Winged Hussars would be a good feature in such a late campaign. Even in a normal Empire campaign (1700), their existence feels wrong - especially since they normally come into a game very late.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a Total War game making great use of the Hussaria, but it should be in a realistic 1500-1650 setting.

Regarding a late campaign, I think something different would be cool. There are so many campaigns available shortly before and during the Napoleon era - why not have one afterwards? That would be something different and - from what I can tell - warfare would not be fundamentally different. Empire could even make use of the great campaign map, enabling wars at the colonies etc.
    Chronicles of Cimmeria - A Kimmerios Bosporos AAR (EB2)
    The Age of Peace - A TW: Warhammer Empire AAR
    Blood Red Eagle - The Sons of Lodbrok Invasion of Northumbrialand [complete]
    Machines - A Sci-Fi Short Story [complete]