Thread: Petition to CA: Keep working on this game.

Default Petition to CA: Keep working on this game.

Well, many members of the community, (the entire community, not just TWCenter) think the next DLC (Slavs probably) will be the last one for Attila, and then CA will leave the game to the new Warhammer, just like they did with Rome 2. But, this is a large tradition of historical games, and now they will leave a big hole between Attila and the next historical tittle, because of Warhammer, many of us will not buy Warhammer because we prefer history for a Total War (Im saying this as Warhammer fan since years and player since Shogun I and modder since Rome I).

So I want to make this petition to CA, keep alive Attila until the next historical game, more DLC (the last ones were trully amazing, specially Empire of Sand and Charlemagne), more campaigns, more patches... Attila is one of the best games CA released ever (im talking about the game himself, not the history background, just the game, mechanics, DLC...), heavy moddeable (I have working animation for guns, cannons and even a cannon-ship for a Renaissance mod Im working on, just an example), this game is suffering Rome 2 mistakes, I know it, but is one of the best.

We know CA has one team for historical games, and other for Warhammer, so the DLC team for Attila can still work in Attila for a while, produce many new DLC's for us third century or heraclius campaigns, arthurian campaign, historical roman regiments and limitanei, just a few examples of good DLC's to make), they are doing a good job in the last ones. CA announced the first DLC for Warhammer 6 months before the game release date, even before finish a entire faction (vampire counts) and this was a bad idea (just take a look in their trailer likes/dislikes), so keep Attila alive, with more patches and DLC's is a good way to improve their reputation, pretty bad after Rome 2 and the DLC politics in Warhammer.

I think Im not the only one who want this, so please make us hear, in Attila they are listenning to us, the community, so please CA keep working in this game.

Thanks for your time.

Default Re: Petition to CA: Keep working on this game.

I agree: I would wish more work on the game and continued support, especially patching (that does not come with a DLC)

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

I also agree with this. There's ALOT that CA could potentially still do with this game. Slavic and Caucasian Cultural packs are a must. I'd love to see Slavic and Sarmatian paganism added to the game as religions. A Heraclius campaign would be simply amazing. I'd also love to see a campaign scenario like the Crisis of the Third Century. I think that it would appease a lot of Rome 2 fans to see Imperial style Roman legions in the Attila framework. Continued patching is also a must.

If we are really a couple of years away from the next historical title then I think that CA would get a lot of brownie points if they stick around and continue supporting Attila until it became hands down the best Total War game ever.
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Yes. There are still things to finetune with the CAI anyway.
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

Garensterz's Avatar Senator

If they're going to patch it, should be a real patch with real fixes in them. Not just patching the game for the sake of "fooling people to think they really care for the game".

Quote Originally Posted by Garensterz View Post
    If they're going to patch it, should be a real patch with real fixes in them. Not just patching the game for the sake of "fooling people to think they really care for the game".
    It would be pretty jarring if they decided to let a few province lack a building slot, not that it hasn't been this way for a whole year.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I agree only to a degree. It has to be on modding tools that they need to work on and providing them. I think Attila's finished because it has the stuff from Rome 2. Its a complete game. CA will work on their new games as they are already doing. Attila's gonna get a couple more updates and then that's it.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Garensterz View Post
    Yes and these phony patches are done to sell DLC.

@OP: my recommendation would be for you to take a break from TW for a couple of years. There are many other fine historical games out there that are tons of fun to play. Try Darth's Gettysburg game, or the Waterloo battle by the guys that made Scourge of War, or Pike and Shot, or, if you like WWII, Unity of Command. In other words, give CA a chance to finally put Warscape to bed, make a new engine and offer us historical addicts something new, bigger, better in 2017 or 2018....there's always hope for the future, anyway.

Captain Arrrgh!'s Avatar I'z in yer grass

LoL: Petitions.

Garensterz's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Huberto View Post
    if you like WWII, Unity of Command. In other words,
    Speaking of WWII games, I highly recommend to check out Graviteam Tactics:Operation Star. You can see how passionate the developers are for the game, although it's one of the most authentic WWII game I have ever played since COH (i know, that's not a good example XD).

Quote Originally Posted by Hassassins View Post
    Well, many members of the community, (the entire community, not just TWCenter) think the next DLC (Slavs probably) will be the last one for Attila, and then CA will leave the game to the new Warhammer, just like they did with Rome 2. But, this is a large tradition of historical games, and now they will leave a big hole between Attila and the next historical tittle, because of Warhammer, many of us will not buy Warhammer because we prefer history for a Total War (Im saying this as Warhammer fan since years and player since Shogun I and modder since Rome I).

So I want to make this petition to CA, keep alive Attila until the next historical game, more DLC (the last ones were trully amazing, specially Empire of Sand and Charlemagne), more campaigns, more patches... Attila is one of the best games CA released ever (im talking about the game himself, not the history background, just the game, mechanics, DLC...), heavy moddeable (I have working animation for guns, cannons and even a cannon-ship for a Renaissance mod Im working on, just an example), this game is suffering Rome 2 mistakes, I know it, but is one of the best.

We know CA has one team for historical games, and other for Warhammer, so the DLC team for Attila can still work in Attila for a while, produce many new DLC's for us third century or heraclius campaigns, arthurian campaign, historical roman regiments and limitanei, just a few examples of good DLC's to make), they are doing a good job in the last ones. CA announced the first DLC for Warhammer 6 months before the game release date, even before finish a entire faction (vampire counts) and this was a bad idea (just take a look in their trailer likes/dislikes), so keep Attila alive, with more patches and DLC's is a good way to improve their reputation, pretty bad after Rome 2 and the DLC politics in Warhammer.

I think Im not the only one who want this, so please make us hear, in Attila they are listenning to us, the community, so please CA keep working in this game.

Thanks for your time.

+1000 000. Totally agree with this statement, they should continue working on this game before the next historical game. Many of us who enjoys to play historical game do not want to play this fantasy of Warhammer. We are more willing to see Attila TW war more developed. They should add Caucasian faction pack, Slavs or Eurasian Steppe factions and many more just to have this game finished. Many wish to see the rise of Islam as well, or other Campaign packs. So, still a lot of job to do.

Keep developing this game CA! We do not want unrealistic games and fantasies, we need more historical realism for Attila of for the future Total War games.
    Through your intercession I hope to see the light of Thy son and the light of everlasting ages !

Totally agree, Atilla TW can use for sure more patching and tools for modding so the mods will be the games we play while we wait for a new historical game from CA.

I for one won't buy Warhammer TW but will buy DLCs and content for Atilla that makes the game better. I just got Atilla for the mods that are being made and would love for more support to the modding teams like campaign editing so we can see more total conversion mods like we had in the old days, Because i do remember you guys at CA said the new TW war games will get more modding support and yet we can't even edit city,s on campaign maps... or add in new sounds!. Really CA Atilla got everything to create awesome mods now please make it possible. And then you can still release new DLCs that add new content and mechanic's that can even be used for mods and people got new things to play with for Atilla.
    --------> http://play0ad.com <--------
    OS: Win 7 64bit Ultimate // MOB: GA-990FXA-UD5 // CPU: AMD FX-8350 BE Eight-Core 4,70Ghz OC // WC: CM Nepton_280L // Memory: 16GB 1866Mhz // GPU: Nvidea GTX 780 ti 3GB // SC: SB X-Fi Titanium HD // SS: Creative T20 Series II // Monitors: Asus 27" 1ms , Asus 24'' 4ms //
    HDD: 1TB // SSD: 128GB // SSD: 240GB // External: 3TB

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I fully agree with you on this. The mod tools provided by CA and the patching process will lead to mods that haven't been done in a while. They will provide the historical basis while warhammer is being released. Lest not forgetting the LOTR mod as well. These mods will be the primary drive when warhammer is getting released with loads of DLC.

Lionheart11's Avatar Senator

What no Ching ,Ching for CA's Bling?, It's very obvious CA don't really care for they're games anymore just the bottom line, show us the money.
    "illegitimi non carborundum"

TW RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart11 View Post
    What no Ching ,Ching for CA's Bling?, It's very obvious CA don't really care for they're games anymore just the bottom line, show us the money.
    I disagree with this comment, though I do believe the game needs more work. There is more to come on Attila. Yes, a DLC you may have to pay for. These have also, in the past, been accompanied by a FLC faction and a patch. If the DLC seems to be of the same quality as the last couple have been, I'll get it. My only concern is not a price but the extent of things covered by the patch.
    "The trouble with facts is that there are so many of them." - Samuel McChord Crothers